• 12(current)
Android client
Wired gigabit network here and i while its not in the same ballpark as xbox extender, I don't find lag to begin streaming once channel is selected to be too bad. I'd love for someone to incorporate the magro build into an android version as magro build in windows was definitely an improvement. From my experience, only major issue with using AFTV as front end is delay in displaying EPG.
Does the ServerWMC client actually send a WOL magic packet when trying to wake up the server? It appears it doesn't, as I see the notice that it's trying to wake up the server yet it fails to do so. I can wake up the sever just fine by issuing a a WOL magic packet from my laptop. Thanks for clarifying.
The way WakeOnLan works is that XBMC provides a WOL library (which I assume sends a magic packet) so all we do is call that, with the server's MAC address. We know the server's MAC address because ServerWMC tells us what it is when the client first connects. Once we have talked to ServerWMC we know the MAC address but we also persist it to disk in the XBMC addon_data area, since if the client started up cold and the server was not online, we wouldnt know the MAC address yet. So it is read from the addondata file at client startup, but once a server connection occurs we use the value obtained from the server (and write that to the addondata file for next cold startup).

You also have to have it enabled in AddOn settings which I assume you do since it is popping up saying it is waking the backend...

I didnt actually test the WOL part, since I just call XBMC->WakeOnLAN but I tested the handshake, providing of MAC address, storing it in the addondata storage and so on. It works on windows! I cant say for Android since I ont have an android device to test on Smile I believe our testers did test the actual WOL functioning however im not sure on what platforms

Things to check:
- Check ServerWMC log file when ServerWMC starts up to make sure it is using the correct interface MAC address (it grabs the first enabled NIC MAC). If it isnt correct you can set in the config.xml file which MAC address you want used
- Check XBMC debug log for what MAC address the client is using to send WOL to
- Check file system on XBMC client to locate the addon_data directory and see if the ServerMACAddress.txt file is there and contains the correct MAC address.
Check your ServerWMC log for the MAC address it says it is providing to clients
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-09-04, 06:57)scarecrow420 Wrote: - Check ServerWMC log file when ServerWMC starts up to make sure it is using the correct interface MAC address (it grabs the first enabled NIC MAC). If it isnt correct you can set in the config.xml file which MAC address you want used
- Check XBMC debug log for what MAC address the client is using to send WOL to
- Check file system on XBMC client to locate the addon_data directory and see if the ServerMACAddress.txt file is there and contains the correct MAC address.
Check your ServerWMC log for the MAC address it says it is providing to clients

Awesome. Yeah, it was as simple as ServerWMC using the first network adapter which was a TAP virtual adapter for work VPN access. Just overrode it in the config.xml file. Thanks

UPDATE: It works now, though it seems to try grabbing the channel update a bit quickly after the WOL. I noticed that this leads to many of the channels being labeled as DRM and therefore not being sent to the client. One time it delivered 0 channels. Another time 23 out of 73. It's almost as if some Windows DRM service isn't available so soon after the WOL. For now I just unchecked the Hide DRM channels in the ServerWMC settings.
Interesting. There have been a few people with odd issues immediately after waking ServerWMC from sleep. We could perhaps add something to detect when the system clock "skips ahead" drastically (potentially indicating we just awoke from sleep) and add a configurable "wake up delay" before processing client requests
(2014-09-04, 23:52)scarecrow420 Wrote: Interesting. There have been a few people with odd issues immediately after waking ServerWMC from sleep. We could perhaps add something to detect when the system clock "skips ahead" drastically (potentially indicating we just awoke from sleep) and add a configurable "wake up delay" before processing client requests

There's no way to respond to a resume from standby system event?
Oh im sure there is an event - it doesn't really matter how we know we woke up from standby though- The main the point i was making was a possible option could be to hold off on replying to messages for a little while if we just woke up
I think that'd be a great option to have.
Just a thankyou note. Works perfectly on the AsusTF700T
Android 4.2.1
ServerWMC on i7 Windows 7 64 bit
XBMC Kodi 14.0 alpha4 Git:2014-09-07
Is this still being worked on? I'm having trouble enabling the addon on Android 5.02 Android TV with Kodi 15.0 beta 1 and serverWMC 1190.
I get an error when trying to enable the addon and it disables itself again. Will try to post logs a bit later when I figure out how to pull them off my AndroidTV box.
Got logs for it.
http://xbmclogs.com/pzai9bith
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android client1