• 5(current)
Android client
I'd be happy to, but I'm not entirely familiar with the Android log. Or XBMC for that matter, to be honest. I didn't have debuggin on, and I know I've restarted XBMC several times on the phone since then. Is xbmc.log.old appended several times or just last run? Could you point me to the log directory?

Also, I only have onboard storage. Sdcard is emulated (default behavior AFAIK) if I had an external sd card I believe it would use /mnt/ExtSdCard
It seems to be a bit dependent on device/build... It will be somewhere under the org.xbmc.xbmc path either in /data/data or in /sdcard/Android/data. I thin kthe former is Frodo, then for Gotham it changed to the latter so that non rooted users can get to it too. From the XBMC wiki it lists the following possibilities:

/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log
/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log

You dont need to have debugging on (that just outputs even more info into the log). Im not sure about log rotation etc, yes the xbmc.log is replaced every time. not sure about appending to previous ones. you could always generate the error again (if you have time!) by putting the addon files back in the userdata area rather than the installation area. Dont worry if it's too much hassle, it's just the more info we have on these situations will help to build up a better idea of how to help other users/devices.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Can't find anything relevant, taken from the xbmc.old.log
Code:
INFO: stopping PVRManager
22:50:12 T:1947022512  NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
22:50:13 T:1947022512   DEBUG: PVR - void PVR::CPVRClient::Destroy() - destroying PVR add-on 'ServerWMC:connected'
22:50:13 T:1947022512   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDll(/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/pvr.wmc/libXBMC_WMC.so)
22:50:13 T:1947022512   DEBUG: Unloading: libXBMC_WMC.so
22:50:13 T:1947022512    INFO: ADDON: Dll Destroyed - Windows Media Center Client - android arm Edition

I'll recreate / post the log with my wife's phone sometime.

Also, for me the log was here /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
I could not get the wmc pvr addon to work on a mygica atv520. I have tried on Frodo, Gotham monthly (December) and nightly 1/4 for android. The last nightly has amlogic hardware acceleration enabled. None of these worked properly. I think there is something with the *.ts file and the amlogic codecs where they are not recognized as a video stream.

One other thing to note is that I could get the tv files to play on the gotham monthly without hardware acceleration, but without hardware acceleration nothing will play properly on the atv520 (everything stutters and video gets behind audio).

So my question is... is it necessary to put the .wtv files (which h/w acceleration handles properly) in the .ts? Can the pvr for android just send the .wtv files directly? It is good to note that I could get recently recorded tv to play properly (live tv menu recorded tv).
Unfortunately it is necessary to remux to 'ts' format, no player I am aware of can handle a wtv file that the windows SBE is writing data to (except wmc and wmp).

If you want to experiment though, you can try wtv streaming. Go to the settings file stored here:
%programdata%\VDsoftware\ServerWMC\config.xml

and change the line:
<IsStreamingWTV>false</IsStreamingWTV>
to
<IsStreamingWTV>true</IsStreamingWTV>

save the file and restart serverwmc. I will be shocked if it works. Please let us know.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I thought I would post an update. I tried the suggestion krusty, but as your thought was right... no dice on the .wtv stream.

Fortunately you got me interested in the xml settings so I did some slight adjustments, and found one that makes it work.
I set the delay to 1000 (10s)
<Delay_WTV2TS_MS>1000</Delay_WTV2TS_MS>
This is working perfect now. My quest to move mostly away from wmc is complete.

This is truly awesome! Thank You to all involved!!
That's great, thanks for letting us know. BTW that's a 1 sec delay, since the units are milliseconds.
Thats 1 second not 10, fyi

Kind of weird though because that is really to do with the backend server program and nothing related to the front end client. So if you were getting this problem with Android, I would also expect other clients to have the same issue (ie the server was timing out creating TS file). If increasing the timeout works for you then I guess it's good but it's strange. I suppose since you didnt post a server log we didnt really diagnose your problem and assumed it was related to your android device not liking the video file (rather than as it seems to have been, an issue on the server side)
I saw where the gotham version works on the Ouya, does the frodo version work on Ouya?
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
Android client worked great. Used both Frodo and Gotham with great success.
(2014-01-07, 03:51)goblygoop Wrote: Android client worked great. Used both Frodo and Gotham with great success.

Awesome, will have to try it and that will give me another client Smile As you can see from my signature I have 4 PIs. Next will see if it works on the 3 Nook HD+ tablets I got the kids for Christmas. I think I am going to have to upgrade my wireless router Huh
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
I love giving people excuses to buy new toys.
Worked on my Ouya and a little faster than my raspberryPI, great work. I have to install Cyanogenmod on my Nook before I can test there.
(2013-12-30, 03:03)clientxero Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 23:53)scarecrow420 Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 21:33)clientxero Wrote: Thanks, this was very helpful. I do have internal storage and a SD card, no apps2sd. I am thinking it is the way the ROM handles the SD card vs internal storage. I know others with this device have had issues in this way with other apps before. I may try a different ROM, but maybe not. Interestingly enough, I tried the media portal add on and it enabled without issues. So that's what is leading me to believe it is the way it is running from the internal storage.

I will likely not be able to quit thinking about it to get it working, you know how that goes. So I may continue to mess and will report my findings if I get anything going.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Hopefully it wont be too long until the nightly builds for XBMC Gotham start including our addon which would then mean it lives in the XBMC installation dir rather than being installed by zip and living in the userdata dir. So perhaps you should just wait for that Smile Actually, if you have root, you could do this yourself... just move the pvr.wmc addon dir to the installation area yourself to see if it's any better. I think it's /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc

Thanks, that did it. I dropped the folder in /data/data/or.xbmc.xbmc/Cache/apk/assets and it loaded the egp data as soon as I opened xbmc. I'm having the same playback issues also, which is to be expected. Thanks for having the same persistence as me!

I extracted the folder from the zip file in that directory and it don't show up in the PVR addon section.
Our addon should be properly in the Gotham nigthly builds now, so if you just remove everything you previously had, then install a new nightly build for android, it should be there by default
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android client1