• 31(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Can someone please help me? I had Geniatech linux xbmc installed and flashed the Jynxbox version over that. Since I was more satisfied with the Geniatech version I wanted to revert back to it, but I can't enter the recovery anymore. I tried with holding the reset button and power button but it always goes into the jynxbox version and not the recovery. Any suggestions on what to do?

[EDIT]
Nevermind, I managed to revert back to Android first with @Biatch bootcard. Tx for this @Biatch. Now I'll flash the Geniatech linux.
(2014-04-13, 14:11)prangija Wrote: Can someone please help me? I had Geniatech linux xbmc installed and flashed the Jynxbox version over that. Since I was more satisfied with the Geniatech version I wanted to revert back to it, but I can't enter the recovery anymore. I tried with holding the reset button and power button but it always goes into the jynxbox version and not the recovery. Any suggestions on what to do?

[EDIT]
Nevermind, I managed to revert back to Android first with @Biatch bootcard. Tx for this @Biatch. Now I'll flash the Geniatech linux.

Good to here you found a solution
Press THANK USER if I Help
Hello,

I have been running XBMC on my ATV1200 through Andriod for over a year now and it seems to be having some troubles. This weekend I am going to take the plunge and throw the LINUX version on it. Out of the 3 listed on the first page, which one would be best for the ATV1200 ?
From what i can read, the jynxbox one seems to be the most up to date of the 3.

Are there any new releases due out soon of them ?

Thanks

Pete
(2014-04-24, 13:35)theINSKIP Wrote: Hello,

I have been running XBMC on my ATV1200 through Andriod for over a year now and it seems to be having some troubles. This weekend I am going to take the plunge and throw the LINUX version on it. Out of the 3 listed on the first page, which one would be best for the ATV1200 ?
From what i can read, the jynxbox one seems to be the most up to date of the 3.

Are there any new releases due out soon of them ?

Thanks

Pete

theINSKIP:

Definitely use XDA version. It installs like an Android update so it doesn't need a bootable SD card. Follow the instructions at the top of this page:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029

It's fast, everything works (including, I believe, WIFI on the ATV1200) and it's easy to revert back to Android by simply updating the Android '.img' file.

But, read this whole thread carefully as well as the first few pages of the XDA thread to familiarize yourself so you don't repeat any of our mistakes! Smile

BTW, the JynxBox version was built for a single core box. I found it slow compared to both the other versions.

tinker
Folks:

I should point out how I noticed that the JynxBox version or Linux/XBMC was slow.

I have been using a 'Revamped' version of the default skin 'Confluence' for a while now. Aside from being revamped, this version has all of the user interface graphics (buttons, menus and such) in a folder instead of being compressed into a single file. Apparently, most XBMC skins use this method to speed things up a little but the files are in a format not easily modified.

When I installed this skin on the JynxBox version of Linux/XBMC, the user interface slowed right down, taking sometimes 10 seconds to switch screens, Videos and streaming still worked fine but it was otherwise unusable.

So, I switched over to the XDA version of Linux/XBMC and the new skin runs just as fast as the default.

The reason I'm using it is that because all the graphical skin elements are accessible in a folder, I can modify the graphics to make the skin more visually accessible.

Here's a link to a couple of posts that I wrote on this topic earlier in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1628051

I'm re-posting that link because since them, I've make more modifications, like changing the progress and scroll-bars to the same anber-yellow as the lettering in the 'info' view.

If anyone is interested in a subtlety more easily visible skin for any version of XBMC, let me know and I'll post instructions in a separate thread.

tinker
Tinker:

Thanks for that.

Are there any tweaks that you think i need to do once i have installed the XDA version ?

I will be running my ATV1200 via HDMI into my AMP, with the ATV1200 being connected via ethernet.

I currently use my own advanced set up file to alter some bits of XBMC. Is this safe to use or just keep what XDA have done ?

I have also notice that Airplay does not work with this version. Has anyone else had that problem ?

Thanks

Pete
INSKIP:

You can improve your experience with any of the versions of Linux/XBMC with the 'remote.conf' that I posted earlier in this thread. It maps unused buttons to give better control using the existing remote. Also, the XDA version of 'smb.conf' allows you to both read and write to the XBMC userdata folder as well as any USB and/or SD cards that are plugged into the ATV. Very handy for modding.

You should be able to use any of the mods you've developed for XBMC. I transferred a backup file from a PC version of XBMC to the Linux/XBMC version using the 'XBMC Backup' addon. All my setting addons transferred without problems.

Please post the mods that you might think we'll find handy so we can help test them on Linux/XBMC.

tinker
Hi everyone,

I want to try the XDA version on my ATV1200, the problem is I'm currently on the Geniatech Linux version. What is the process in this case? Do I need to revert back to stock Android first? If I need to revert how can I do this? The link in the first post with the update file for revert is dead.
prangija:

Instructions on how to revert from Geniatech Linux/XBMC are on this XDA forum thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029

tinker
tinker:

Thanks for your reply. I already was on that thread and didn't find anything about installing the XDA version on device with Geniatech Linux/XBMC.
Can I just download and flash MX_LINUX_v1.00-STVMX-conversion.zip?
All installed on the ATV1200. Went with the CDs version as recommended.
Works a treat !
All works fine. Only issues I seem to have is powering in via the remote. But this never worked on the gennitech firmware, and it's running quiet warm. Thought it would be cooler than andriod.

Can anyone tell me how to give it a static ip address ? ?
I use the iPhone remote and the ip keeps changing.

Thanks
(2014-04-25, 21:54)prangija Wrote: tinker:

Thanks for your reply. I already was on that thread and didn't find anything about installing the XDA version on device with Geniatech Linux/XBMC.

prangija:

Yes, the conversion version is the on you want to use. Follow the instruction in the readme for how to use the files on a bootable SD card. It's what I used.

tinker
(2014-04-26, 18:33)tinker Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 21:54)prangija Wrote: tinker:

prangija:

Yes, the conversion version is the on you want to use. Follow the instruction in the readme for how to use the files on a bootable SD card. It's what I used.

tinker

tinker:

Thanks, it worked flawlessly. I just have one problem: I bought the "advanced" remote with my ATV1200, the one with keyboard on it. On XDA build some of the keys don't work (ex. lower volume button). I had the same issue on JynxBox version. On jynxbox I copied the remote.conf from first post of this thread via ssh to my ATV1200 and rebooted the device, but this didn't help. Do you have any suggestion on what to do to make all of the keys on my remote work on the XDA build? Just to mention, I don't have this issue on Geniatech XBMC build.
Thanks in advance.
(2014-04-26, 19:30)prangija Wrote: tinker:

Thanks, it worked flawlessly. I just have one problem: I bought the "advanced" remote with my ATV1200, the one with keyboard on it. On XDA build some of the keys don't work (ex. lower volume button). I had the same issue on JynxBox version. On jynxbox I copied the remote.conf from first post of this thread via ssh to my ATV1200 and rebooted the device, but this didn't help. Do you have any suggestion on what to do to make all of the keys on my remote work on the XDA build? Just to mention, I don't have this issue on Geniatech XBMC build.
Thanks in advance.

Try this. If the Geniatech remote.conf worked, then copy it from the Geniatech .img or .zip file you used to install Geniatech with. The remote.conf is not in the read only .sqsh partition, but at it's usual spot in etc/xbmc. Compare the two files, but you can probably drop the Geniatech remote.conf file right into etc/xbmc and have it working with a reboot. If not, post the remote.conf here as 'code'.

Also, if you modify the etc/samba/smb.conf file like this:

Code:
[Root]
path = /
read only = no
public = yes
writable = yes
browseable = yes
force user = root
force group = root

...you will have full read/write control over the root file system. Files can be saved from 'notepad' on a Windows machine and copied or moved with Windows Explorer or Mac's Finder over the local network. It makes it easy to break things too, so beware!

The other samba folders defined in the XDA version are also read/write, so you have access and control of any USB sticks or SD card plugged into the ATV.

tinker
(2014-04-26, 21:37)tinker Wrote:
(2014-04-26, 19:30)prangija Wrote: tinker:

Thanks in advance.

Try this. If the Geniatech remote.conf worked, then copy it from the Geniatech .img or .zip file you used to install Geniatech with. The remote.conf is not in the read only .sqsh partition, but at it's usual spot in etc/xbmc. Compare the two files, but you can probably drop the Geniatech remote.conf file right into etc/xbmc and have it working with a reboot. If not, post the remote.conf here as 'code'.

Also, if you modify the etc/samba/smb.conf file like this:

Code:
[Root]
path = /
read only = no
public = yes
writable = yes
browseable = yes
force user = root
force group = root

...you will have full read/write control over the root file system. Files can be saved from 'notepad' on a Windows machine and copied or moved with Windows Explorer or Mac's Finder over the local network. It makes it easy to break things too, so beware!

The other samba folders defined in the XDA version are also read/write, so you have access and control of any USB sticks or SD card plugged into the ATV.

tinker

I tried the same thing you proposed on Jynxbox. The Geniatech Linux build has several remote conf files in /etc/xbmc folder:

Code:
atv106_remote.conf
atv1200_remote.conf
bluem3_remote.conf
gbox_remote.conf
geniatech_remote.conf
mygica-a11_remote.conf
remote.conf
remote-lirc.conf

I copied all of the to my box and rebooted, but nothing changed.

Here's the content of the remote.conf from Geniatech build:

Code:
#*********************************************************************************************************
#this file is configuration for each factory remote device
#     work_mode      0 :software mode  1 :hardware mode
#    repeat_enable      0 :disable repeat 1 :enable repeat    
#
#    factory_code      each device has it's unique factory code.
#              pattern:custom_code(16bit)+index_code(16bit)
#              examble: 0xff000001 = 0xff00(custom cod)  0001 (index)
#
#    release_delay      unit:ms.release will report from kernel to user layer after this period of time
#              from press or repeat triggered.
#
#    debug_enable      0 :debug disable  1 :debug disable
#
# SW MODE:
#    bit_count      how many bits in each frame      
#    tw_leader_act      time window for leader active
#    tw_bit0          time window for bit0 time.
#    tw_bit1          time window for bit1 time
#    tw_repeat_leader  time window for repeat leader
# REG
#    reg_base_gen      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BASE_GEN    
#    reg_control      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_CONTROL
#    reg_leader_act      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_ACTIVE
#    reg_leader_idle      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_IDLE
#    reg_repeat_leader set value for PREG_IR_DEC_REPEAT_IDLE
#    reg_bit0_time      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BIT0_TIME
#*************************************************************************************************************
# MYGICA NEC remote
factory_code    = 0xBD020001
work_mode          = 1
repeat_enable = 1
release_delay    = 150
debug_enable     = 1
reg_control    = 0xfbe40
fn_key_scancode    = 0x15
left_key_scancode  = 0x1c
right_key_scancode = 0x48
up_key_scancode    = 0x44
down_key_scancode  = 0x1d
ok_key_scancode    = 0x5c
pageup_key_scancode = 0x04
pagedown_key_scancode = 0x1b

key_begin
#    0xd8 0        ;BROWER
#    0xd4 0        ;SYM
    0x80 66        ;MUTE
#    0x0e 59        ;PHOTO
#    0x05 49        ;MUSIC
#    0xd1 416    ;MEDIA_RECORD
#    0x41 68        ;BROWSER
#    0x43 67        ;NETWORK
#    0x83 406    ;SYM
    0x92 2        ;NUM1
    0x93 3        ;NUM2
    0xcc 4        ;NUM3
    0x8e 5        ;NUM4
    0x8f 6        ;NUM5
    0xc8 7        ;NUM6
    0x8a 8        ;NUM7
    0x8b 9        ;NUM8
    0xc4 10        ;NUM9
#    0xd9 24        ;AT
    0x87 11        ;NUM0
#    0x57 46        ;COM

0xdd 78        ;VOL+
    0x8c 74        ;VOL-
#    0x5a 0        ;ZOOM+
#    0x5f 0        ;ZOOM-
    0x9a 177    ;PAGE_UP
    0xcd 178    ;PAGE_DOWN

0x95 102    ;HOME
#    0xc5 23        ;NOTIFICATION

0x99 105    ;LEFT
    0xca 103    ;UP
    0xc1 106    ;RIGHT
    0xd2 108    ;DOWN
    0xce 28        ;OK
    0xd6 139    ;MENU
    0xd0 1        ;EXIT
#    0x96 51        ;PAGELEFT
#    0xc2 52        ;PAGERIGHT
    0xc3 14        ;DEL
    0xc7 208    ;MEDIA_FORWARD
    0xda 168    ;MEDIA_REWIND
    0xc2 163    ;MEDIA_NEXT
    0x96 165    ;MEDIA_PREVIOUS
    0x88 164    ;MEDIA_PLAY
    0x55 166    ;MEDIA_STOP
    0x45 116    ;POWER
#    0x0b 15        ;FULLSCREEN
#    0x86 0x110    ;mouse left click
#    0x83 0x111    ;mouse right click.    
key_end

mouse_begin
        0x00 0xc6     ; mouse move up
        0x01 0xd1     ; mouse move down
        0x02 0xd5    ; mouse move left
        0x03 0x90    ; mouse move right

One more thing: my box freezes if I don't turn it off and want to use it again in a day or two. It's like it freezes when it's in idle for some bigger amount of time. Is this a known issue?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5