• 32(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
prangija:

Your Volume + an - seem to be correct. Maybe your remote is being read as a keyboard. If so, you should be tweaking your keymap instead. XBMC has keymap editor addon you can install under Systen/Addons, Program Addons. Try that.

tinker
@prangija
My box freezes too now iam on latest jynxrelease .... Had a reboot yesterday .... But no freezes yet .....

Seems latest releases are faulty

Maybe ill flash back to first jynx release if bugs remain
(2014-04-27, 21:26)tinker Wrote: prangija:

Your Volume + an - seem to be correct. Maybe your remote is being read as a keyboard. If so, you should be tweaking your keymap instead. XBMC has keymap editor addon you can install under Systen/Addons, Program Addons. Try that.

tinker

Thanks for that. This addon is a god send. I tweaked the keys with it and everything works great.

@Biatsch:
Lets hope that it'll be fixed soon. I'll stick with XDA v1.0. It's by far the smoothest one for me.
(2014-04-28, 20:20)prangija Wrote: Thanks for that. This addon is a god send. I tweaked the keys with it and everything works great.

prangija:

So, the XBMC Keymap Editor worked? I wasn't sure but I don't remember seeing a 'remote.conf' file that had the letters of the alphabet in it. Some have numbers for remotes with numeric keypads though. XBMC must have some way of figuring out what's a keyboard and what's a remote. Does anyone know?

Yes, for the ATV520 and ATV1200, the XDA version of Linux/XBMC is by far the best.

tinker
(2014-03-30, 09:44)AuXBoX Wrote: XDA Version has been updated to the latest stable version 1.00, any feedback would be appreciated

I have tested the xda v1.00 version a few days in my Mygica atv 520, and its very good.
The only problem I have seen (and its very important) is that this is NOT A REAL 1080p.
You can set 1080p at the xbmc system settings, but anyway, 1080p videos run at 720p.
Since the quality is very good at 720p, you need a test video to see the diferences.
It runs 1080p videos like xbmc under android, at 720p.
Afaik, the only player that can run 1080p in this box, is the player built-in the android version (not the xbmc one).
I'll try the mygica linux version, but at this point I am not very optimistic to see run videos on xbmc at real 1080p.
Please, to test real 1080p download adjustment and testing videos with lines (not movies).
Neither the Geniatech linux.
I have tried this and its 720p rescaled to 1080p as well.
The only player real 1080p that I have tested is the movie player included with the android version of MyGica.
To test, download and play http://www.ixbt.com/multimedia/video-met...-lines.mp4
This are two axis, horizontal and vertical, and each one have perpendicular lines.
In the centre of the screen, the horizontal and vertical lines intersects and then creates four black boxes with white holes inside each one.
If you have real 1080p resolution, each box have 8x7 holes (56 holes) inside (56x4=224 white pixels at the centre of the screen).
If you have 720p rescaled, then it depends on several things, but in general, each box will have no more than 10 white holes. May be in total arround 30 white pixels at the centre of the screen. Very far from the 224 of the 1080p definition.
(2014-05-01, 18:29)Rotator Wrote: To test, download and play http://www.ixbt.com/multimedia/video-met...-lines.mp4
This are two axis, horizontal and vertical, and each one have perpendicular lines.
In the centre of the screen, the horizontal and vertical lines intersects and then creates four black boxes with white holes inside each one.
If you have real 1080p resolution, each box have 8x7 holes (56 holes) inside (56x4=224 white pixels at the centre of the screen).
If you have 720p rescaled, then it depends on several things, but in general, each box will have no more than 10 white holes. May be in total arround 30 white pixels at the centre of the screen. Very far from the 224 of the 1080p definition.

ITS THE TRUTH

The only Firmware that plays 1080p files in XBMC with real 1080p is the Android 1080p Firmware !!! tested nearby everything i have Wink (jynx and xda and geniatech Linux, the new atv1220 4.2.2 Firmware and all Android roms !!!)

SO NOW ILL STICK WITH 1080p Firmware

---- seems everyone is using 720p kernel -----
Theres an updated version of the Jynxbox version that ive updated to original post if anyone wants to try and leave some feedback
Press THANK USER if I Help
I will test next days
Testing latest gotham linux build from jynxbox .... It is running pretty cool so far no probs
Dvd iso playback is fixed Smile

No real fullhd Sad like all other builds

Rest runs like hell love that gotham
Ac3 and Dts passtr. isnt working
Anyone know if there is or will be a Gotham xda release for the ATV1200?
(2014-05-06, 01:10)TinBasher77 Wrote: Anyone know if there is or will be a Gotham xda release for the ATV1200?

TinBasher:

There is an XDA version coming out 'soon'. It is a work in progress.

Check this page for updates:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029

tinker
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5