• 57(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-09-03, 05:23)raymw Wrote: DIppa I did not know there was a Broadcom Linux fix ?? The last test compile release of Linux Gotham 13.2 from our friends here AuxBox and Bobones did not fix the Broadcom problem at all when we tested it and as far as I know nothing has yet change. As you may know it is not a fault with the compile but with the build itself from the developers so as I understand it they are still working on it.

For me on my MyGica ATV520 (same as the Sumvision equivalent I assume you have) I have to for now go back to Frodo 12.3 with the MyBeth1975 simple manual WiFI fix whilst we are still waiting for a Broadcom compatible Linux Gotham build. If you know something new that I don;t please let me know.

i think ive got my wires crossed somewhere lol its been a long few days Smile is there any chance u can post the 12.3 frodo build ur using as i cant seem to find one anywhere
Hi Dippa NP I have made this Linux Frodo 12.3 compile of 2nd January 2014 available for you in my Dropbox so just go here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1731...140102.zip and download it. Unzip onto the root of an SD card leaving all files as they are and follow the included How to install ... text file as usual.

You may have to first revert to Android 4.1 before you can install this Linux Frodo 12.3 compile so just use one of the many revert files that are available in this thread. I certainly first had to do a revert to Android on all my boxes that had Linux Gotham builds already in them.
Cheers
Raymw
Hello,

I have tried to install the Gotham version (first option of first page) in my ATV1200, however when I release the reset button after the 10 or 15 seconds the unit enters in the recovery menu and waits there, it does not update as expected. I am running now the last android version from geniatech. Any help?

Thanks and congratulations for this impressive job.

Javier
(2014-09-07, 13:09)javierpalj Wrote: Hello,

I have tried to install the Gotham version (first option of first page) in my ATV1200, however when I release the reset button after the 10 or 15 seconds the unit enters in the recovery menu and waits there, it does not update as expected. I am running now the last android version from geniatech. Any help?

Javier

If it gets to the recovery menu you should be able to flash from there. Have you got it on USB stick or sdcard
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2014-09-07, 13:55)AuXBoX Wrote:

Javier

If it gets to the recovery menu you should be able to flash from there. Have you got it on USB stick or sdcard

SD card. If I do it from recovery, how would be the process?
3 wipes and then apply the image?
(2014-09-04, 14:43)raymw Wrote: Hi Dippa NP I have made this Linux Frodo 12.3 compile of 2nd January 2014 available for you in my Dropbox so just go here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1731...140102.zip and download it. Unzip onto the root of an SD card leaving all files as they are and follow the included How to install ... text file as usual.

You may have to first revert to Android 4.1 before you can install this Linux Frodo 12.3 compile so just use one of the many revert files that are available in this thread. I certainly first had to do a revert to Android on all my boxes that had Linux Gotham builds already in them.

hi
thanks for the download but need one with hardware checks removed as mine is a g02ref n the hardware for this is stvmx Sad i would do it myself but i dont know where to start
(2014-09-07, 19:03)dippa Wrote:
(2014-09-04, 14:43)raymw Wrote: Hi Dippa NP I have made this Linux Frodo 12.3 compile of 2nd January 2014 available for you in my Dropbox so just go here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1731...140102.zip and download it. Unzip onto the root of an SD card leaving all files as they are and follow the included How to install ... text file as usual.

hi
thanks for the download but need one with hardware checks removed as mine is a g02ref n the hardware for this is stvmx Sad i would do it myself but i dont know where to start

Try this out
MX_LINUX_PRERC2-TEST1-STVMX-update.zip

(2014-09-07, 16:31)javierpalj Wrote:
(2014-09-07, 13:55)AuXBoX Wrote:

Javier

SD card. If I do it from recovery, how would be the process?
3 wipes and then apply the image?

Yeah wouldn't hurt to do the wipes, then flash
Press THANK USER if I Help
Yep Dippa I did say you may have to first revert to Android 4.1 using one of the revert compiles referred to frequently in this forum thread. Anyhow I see AuxBox has kindly come to your aid already so good luck with it and let us all know how you got on. I will leave that Linux Frodo 12.3 build available on my Dropbox link for now in case others want it too, though I must point out it is not my compile or build of course as that is currently beyond me.. Not sure whose compile it was maybe AuxBox, but whoever many thanks to them for what I think is one of the best Linux Frodo builds.

Maybe soon Frodo 12.3 will no longer be needed as they may crack this frustrating Broadcom compatibility issue so we can use Gotham on the ATV520 boxes with WiFi. I am sure they are still working on this as the build expert folks like cronicory are to me complete gods..
Cheers
Raymw
oppss i reverted back to android and now my screen is blank. think ive bricked my box
(2014-09-08, 11:34)dippa Wrote: oppss i reverted back to android and now my screen is blank. think ive bricked my box
Is the red light on? Apparently if the red light is on then it is recoverable.

I'm in the same situation myself at the moment. I reverted my ATV1200 to Android , installed and configured XBMC. Then I powered off and back on again and nothing.

The serial port shows this over and over again:

Code:
System Started
Enter Exception:0x00000004
        link addr:0x8f000fb8
EEEE I3000000032940xf300110303;77520EEEE I400000004294_M6_BL1_3431>2534313

chip type = MX
ddr type = 256*8*4 1G

DDR clock is 504MHz with Low Power & 1T mode

DDR training :
DX0DLLCR:40000000
DX0DQTR:ffffffff
DX0DQSTR:3db05001
DX1DLLCR:40000000
DX1DQTR:ffffffff
DX1DQSTR:3db05001
DX2DLLCR:40000000
DX2DQTR:ffffffff
DX2DQSTR:3db05001
DX3DLLCR:40000000
DX3DQTR:ffffffff
DX3DQSTR:3db05001
Stage 00 Result 00000000
Stage 01 Result 00000000
Stage 02 Result 00000000
Stage 03 Result 00000000

HHH
Boot From SPI
0x12345678
Boot from internal device 1st SPI RESERVED

I need to do some reading to find out how to recover it.
Dippa, this is the revert to Android I always use which works for me from Linux Gotham to Android 4.1 from where you can install the Linux Frodo 12.3 easily on your ATV520 box. Hope this works for you but of course cannot guarantee it will. Let me know how you get on. Here it is in my public Dropbox for you https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1731...oid4.1.zip

Follow the instructions in the readme carefuly as first run it will spring up an install error whic is normal, so as it says just repeat the operation and all should be fine and you are back in Android 4,1 Fingers crossed for you matey.

Again not my compile at all of course so no credit for me; not sure who uploaded it originally, maybe AuxBox himself :-)
Cheers
Raymw
(2014-09-09, 07:35)raymw Wrote: Dippa, this is the revert to Android I always use which works for me from Linux Gotham to Android 4.1 from where you can install the Linux Frodo 12.3 easily on your ATV520 box. Hope this works for you but of course cannot guarantee it will. Let me know how you get on. Here it is in my public Dropbox for you https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1731...oid4.1.zip

Follow the instructions in the readme carefuly as first run it will spring up an install error whic is normal, so as it says just repeat the operation and all should be fine and you are back in Android 4,1 Fingers crossed for you matey.

Again not my compile at all of course so no credit for me; not sure who uploaded it originally, maybe AuxBox himself :-)

Raymw i could kiss you right now Smile box working again with android Smile going to install linux this afternoon so wish me luck
Anything new about CVBS?

I should receive brand new device today.
When I got it, I will try to post my MTD layout and all necessary information.
Please let me know how to flash it one more time. Id like to avoid another brick.

Thank you in advance guys!
Good news Dippa, but unless you are female and very sexy you can forget the kisses LOL That original Frodo 12.3 build I sent you earlier should now be just the ticket mate.

Belliash, so sorry mate but I just have not had the time to look into this yet. Not a quick job as it will need me digging up my old CRT TV and setting it up etc. Also what with my son being over here on holiday (now returned to UK) and playing catch up ever since, there has just not been the time to devote to it.

If you are flashing from Android to Linux Frodo 13.1 or 13.2 then just follow the readme instructions in the zip file with the compile. Should be very straight forward, just ensure that power stays on whilst the process is taking place and be patient as you may well see a blank screen for a few minutes. If you power it off then you will likely get a bricked box. For more in depth help and guidance you should speak with folk here like AuxBox or Bobones or the likes. Let me know if you get it all working to your CRT now you have the new box anyway, as that will save me digging the old TV up etc.of course.
Cheers
Raymw
(2014-09-09, 11:27)belliash Wrote: Anything new about CVBS?
There haven't been any new commits since the last release. Keep an eye out here https://github.com/CoreTech-Development/...ux/network

Anyway, are we sure that CVBS doesn't work currently, because I can test this when I get home?

BTW, I'd be reluctant to give out flashing advice as I wouldn't like to be in any way responsible for bricking your box, but in saying that, what works for me is: pull power cable from box, insert SD card (FAT32), press and hold reset button with toothpick, insert power cable, continue to hold reset button for 10-15 seconds then release, and wait ... I don't use the recovery menu when flashing MX Linux or MyGiga 4.2 Android or reverting to Geniatech 4.1 Android as the boot cards do it all.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5