• 62(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-09-26, 23:57)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 19:55)andriszz Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 13:09)AuXBoX Wrote: The first one

Ok. When i'm waiting for cable, could you please write what can i do next? If its something similar with this instruction (HOW TO BURN IMAGE ATV1200 with RS232.rar from https://www.dropbox.com/home/Linux%20XBMC?select=) that could you please tell me more about serial cable connection.

This is my box - (http://postimg.org/image/8pnykup3d/). I marked with red the connection place for serial cable. Is that correct ? For example, if i have this cable (/www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-TTL-Serial-Adapter-UART-CH340G-Arduino-ATMega-DTR-6-pin-w-cables-/121440571323?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=item1c466c0fbb) then how many pins i need connect to box and where i need to connect them (box have 6 connection places) ?

The serial is at top right of picture and you only use 3 of the 4 connections leaving the red (power) off

Ok, understand. Now waiting for cable to restore my ATV1200 to working state.

One more question: i'm still tryin various methods with rescue sd. In 4pda forum i found a link to this recovery sd card zip (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjtnay0pv9r5t1s/var2.zip). This recovery card zip is a little bit different from those i saw before. It contains 9 files (aml_autoscript, ethmac.efuse, factory_update_param.aml, factory_update_param.ubt, spi_MX.bin, u-boot.bin, uImage, uImage_recovery, update_MX_20130506.img).

aml.autoscript info:
'VĖ"NwQÅ. ė To× ć if mmcinfo
then
if fatexist mmc 0:1 u-boot.bin
then
if fatload mmc 0 82000000 u-boot.bin
then
sf probe 2
sf erase 0 400000
mmcinfo
fatload mmc 0 82000000 u-boot.bin
sf write 82000000 0 60000
nand info
nand scrub
reset
fi
fi
fi

ethmac.efuse info:
$11:22:33:44:55:66
11:22:33:44:55:67
11:22:33:44:55:68
11:22:33:44:55:69
11:22:33:44:55:99
11:22:33:44:55:77

factory_update_param.aml info:
--set_efuse_version=2
--set_efuse_ethernet_mac=/sdcard/ethmac.efuse
--wipe_cache
--wipe_date
--update_package=/sdcard/update_MX_20130506.img
--wipe_media

factory_update_param.ubt info:
'VŽ µ\P£Z* € Ņ;żø geniatech auto script x echo upgrade spi ...
if mmcinfo
then
if fatexist mmc 0:1 ${spifile}
then
nand erase 0
run burnspi
reset
fi
fi

I upgraded my box from this zip (i think that it didnt finished all upgrade process succesfully) and after that i can boot into Android but i LOST MY MAC ADRESS SETTINGS. Of course, its not "normal boot" because i must have rescue sd card in the box (which contains files from 4.2upgrade from http://mygica.ca/forum/download/file.php?id=71) and also i need to shorten pins. As i understand, when i shorten pins my box try to boot to recovery but it fails and then the Android is loaded.

My question - how can i restore my mac adress to access wifi network? When i flashed my box from this zip it changed my mac adress? Maybe Android can't see my mac adress because spi is broken (boot is only possible with rescue sd and pin shortening)?

UPDATE 12.10.2014.: I wont be able to acess wifi (no mac adress) because there was problems with SPI. I unbricked my box (see post below) and now everything is working correctly.
(2014-09-18, 13:04)AuXBoX Wrote: Ok I updated the first Post with Gotham 13.2, try use that.
If you cant enter recovery or flash straight from 13.1 revert to Android with STVMX_05022014_Android_Revert.zip
Then Follow the first post

Did as suggested - the problem seems to be that even with a clean install (i.e. coming from a vanilla Android) using the 13.2 2014-08-21 files you provided/linked on the first page, the red splash screen still shows 'V13.1 "Gotham"', and [System > System Info] shows XBMC 13.1 Git:Unknown (Compiled: Aug 21 2014)". Is my box really running 13.2 now, or still 13.1?

However, using this version my ATV1200 now seems to shutdown correctly, which wasn't the case with v13.1 before - it did only restart when selecting "shutdown". I'll have an eye on that ...

BTW: Many thanks for all your help and contributions!
same problem here like user syntagma Sad info is showing only 13.1

- no 5.1 sound (in the Video OSD is passtrough activated - but i can´t find an option to choose coaxial)
- can´t find my smb-nas drives (no problem in frodo)
Hello,

I am running the gotham 13.1 version on my ATV but I have observed one issue with the music collection.
I have all my mp3 files tagged so when I create the source of files I set as scrapper the Local Data Only, however when I scan the collection some albums appears 2, 3 or 4 times. I have checked the musicdb file with a database browser and the problem is that for such albums there are several inputs to the database where the only difference is the field "MusciBrainzAlbumID". I guess this data is scrapped by the some other scrapper although I have not set it, however I cannot uninstall or deactivate the other scrappers I have tried to do it but it reinstalls again.

Any idea? What can I do?

Thanks for your help
little solution:

I have taken the 13.2 beta 3 version from xda board. The versionnumber is now shown correctly.
NAS/SMB Shares are working fine...

The last big problem: what can i do to have DTS Sound ?? Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound is working !! Passtrough in OSD is activated. Reciever is connected with box over coax digital.

!!!!
SOLVED: there is a hidden menu in system settings -> advanced settings (there is the audio options menu)
is anyone interested in any custom splashes for there boxes?
Press THANK USER if I Help
I've updated the gotham build on first post to a custom splash requested by andymoreno if anyone wants to try.
New build has
Proper Gotham 13.2
Audio options for pass through are available incl DTS
SSH now works
(2014-09-27, 14:06)andriszz Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 23:57)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 19:55)andriszz Wrote: Ok. When i'm waiting for cable, could you please write what can i do next? If its something similar with this instruction (HOW TO BURN IMAGE ATV1200 with RS232.rar from https://www.dropbox.com/home/Linux%20XBMC?select=) that could you please tell me more about serial cable connection.

This is my box - (http://postimg.org/image/8pnykup3d/). I marked with red the connection place for serial cable. Is that correct ? For example, if i have this cable (/www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-TTL-Serial-Adapter-UART-CH340G-Arduino-ATMega-DTR-6-pin-w-cables-/121440571323?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=item1c466c0fbb) then how many pins i need connect to box and where i need to connect them (box have 6 connection places) ?

The serial is at top right of picture and you only use 3 of the 4 connections leaving the red (power) off

One more question: i'm still tryin various methods with rescue sd. In 4pda forum i found a link to this recovery sd card zip (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjtnay0pv9r5t1s/var2.zip). This recovery card zip is a little bit different from those i saw before. It contains 9 files (aml_autoscript, ethmac.efuse, factory_update_param.aml, factory_update_param.ubt, spi_MX.bin, u-boot.bin, uImage, uImage_recovery, update_MX_20130506.img).

aml.autoscript info:
then
then
then
sf probe 2
sf erase 0 400000
mmcinfo
nand info
nand scrub
reset
fi
fi
fi

ethmac.efuse info:

--set_efuse_version=2
--wipe_cache
--wipe_date
--wipe_media

if mmcinfo
then
then
nand erase 0
run burnspi
reset
fi
fi

I upgraded my box from this zip (i think that it didnt finished all upgrade process succesfully) and after that i can boot into Android but i LOST MY MAC ADRESS SETTINGS. Of course, its not "normal boot" because i must have rescue sd card in the box (which contains files from 4.2upgrade from http://mygica.ca/forum/download/file.php?id=71) and also i need to shorten pins. As i understand, when i shorten pins my box try to boot to recovery but it fails and then the Android is loaded.

My question - how can i restore my mac adress to access wifi network? When i flashed my box from this zip it changed my mac adress? Maybe Android can't see my mac adress because spi is broken (boot is only possible with rescue sd and pin shortening)?

So what state is the device in now?
Does it boot at all?
Are there any led lights on or change when powered on?
My ATV1220 box with STVMX (G02REF) board running without any issues Frodo version. After upgrade to Gotham built . It running ok but MyLivetv (tvheadend add-on) hangs at channel changes in full screen mode, if I stop and play other channel, it have no issues. In Frodo version changing channel in full screen mode work great. In xbmc log it show many message "ERROR:write header failed!" at end. any advice?
(2014-10-12, 01:54)AuXBoX Wrote: I've updated the gotham build on first post to a custom splash requested by andymoreno if anyone wants to try.
New build has
Proper Gotham 13.2
Audio options for pass through are available incl DTS
SSH now works

Awesome, thanks Auxbox - will test it out!
Hi, I'd like to update to the last version you just created (as I have those DTS Passtrough Problems with the previous version) but I can't get to the recovery mode of my box. Actually I'm not sure if I'm trying the right way. Maybe some of you know how to update correctly. This ist what I've tried:

1. Copy the downloaded file ("MX_LINUX-G02REF-update 11-10-14 andymoreno .zip") to SD-Card
2. Press and hold Reset/Update-Button
3. PlugIn Power to the box.

After approx 5 seconds I can see the splash screen of the MX Linux (and then the box boots XBMC as usual) So no Recovery Screen.

Would be great if someone could help updating Undecided

Thanks in advance...
(2014-10-12, 14:00)MPocke Wrote: Hi, I'd like to update to the last version you just created (as I have those DTS Passtrough Problems with the previous version) but I can't get to the recovery mode of my box. Actually I'm not sure if I'm trying the right way. Maybe some of you know how to update correctly. This ist what I've tried:

1. Copy the downloaded file ("MX_LINUX-G02REF-update 11-10-14 andymoreno .zip") to SD-Card

After approx 5 seconds I can see the splash screen of the MX Linux (and then the box boots XBMC as usual) So no Recovery Screen.

Thanks in advance...

I'm uploading again so you won't need to get to recovery it will auto install following the instructions on the first page.
I'll post when its finished uploading
(2014-10-12, 04:06)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 14:06)andriszz Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 23:57)AuXBoX Wrote: The serial is at top right of picture and you only use 3 of the 4 connections leaving the red (power) off

aml.autoscript info:
then
then
then
sf probe 2
sf erase 0 400000
mmcinfo
nand info
nand scrub
reset
fi
fi
fi

ethmac.efuse info:

--set_efuse_version=2
--wipe_cache
--wipe_date
--wipe_media

if mmcinfo
then
then
nand erase 0
run burnspi
reset
fi
fi

So what state is the device in now?
Does it boot at all?
Are there any led lights on or change when powered on?

Hi! USB TTL cable arrived but till i waited i tried various unbrick methods and i succesfully unbricked my box. Big THANKS Auxbox for help but i think that i will dont brick my box for third time just to test if the cable method is working Smile I bricked it again just to test that my unbrick method is working. So - here it is - step by step:

I had a normally working firmware in my box - Android 4.1 Geniatech Firmware 20130805. Then i wanted to test other firmwares and downgrade my box to this version (http://www.geniatech.com/news/mx-atv1200...uction.asp). I installed this SPI (http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...917SPI.zip), box rebooted and thats it... i only had a red light and no chance to get into recovery.

I tried rescue my box with those firmwares:
http://www.mygica.es/downloads/Manual_Do...130805.rar
http://www.mygica.ca/forum/download/file.php?id=71
Nothing worked (i think its because my box SPI was broken and there was no way how to get into recovery)

I downloaded this file (http://www.sendspace.com/file/kr3wta) and created a boot card (steps 1-4 feom instruction). In Windows 8.1 i opened SDcardMaker.exe as administrator otherwise i cant see my sd card

Downloaded the files from below link and done everything from readme (http://www.sendspace.com/file/qdkl2y). Tried to boot my box with this card in and holding the recovery button - no results. Then tried to boot with recovery button and pin bridging (http://i.imgur.com/3WEhxnZ.jpg?1) - boot started but after upgrade the same red light.

To sucessfully recover my box i changed this:

Downloaded this spi from Finless Bob (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9BFwCzf...NhUkE/edit) and copied it to my rescue sd card.

In rescue SD card opened file factory_update_param.aml (with notepad) and changed this command (--update_package=/sdcard/update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip) to this command (--update_package=/sdcard/atv1200_spi_assertion_removed.zip)

With SD card in the box bridged those 2 pins (http://i.imgur.com/3WEhxnZ.jpg?1), holded the upgrade button and plugged in power adapter. Waited till SPI update ended and after that my box rebooted automatically - sucessfully rebooted into Android that i previously installed on my box (Geniatech Firmware 20130805).

I dont know if this method will work with other ATV1200 boxes which are bricked other way. If somebody want to try this method - try at your own risk Im only sharing my unbrick experience Smile
(2014-10-12, 14:32)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 14:00)MPocke Wrote: Hi, I'd like to update to the last version you just created (as I have those DTS Passtrough Problems with the previous version) but I can't get to the recovery mode of my box. Actually I'm not sure if I'm trying the right way. Maybe some of you know how to update correctly. This ist what I've tried:

Thanks in advance...

I'm uploading again so you won't need to get to recovery it will auto install following the instructions on the first page.

Uploaded MPocke, you can try now. Use the instructions on first page

Thats great andriszz, saw you found the picture of my ATV1200 and the pins to bridge
(2014-10-12, 15:29)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 14:32)AuXBoX Wrote:

Thanks in advance...

Uploaded MPocke, you can try now. Use the instructions on first page

Thats great andriszz, saw you found the picture of my ATV1200 and the pins to bridge

Your picture was really helpful, i found it on freaktab forums - another big THANKS to you Smile
One more question: I'm tryin different spi and firmwares to find one that can play avi files without frameskip. When i try to play xvid files there is frame skips on any quality level. I tested MyGica built in video player, MXplayer, BSplayer, VLC and XBMC. There is no problems with .mkv files (720p), .ts files (1080i) but only with .avi files (xvid).

If someboy is interested in playing xvid videos with MyGica ATV1200 then i can recommend RockPlayer Lite from Google Play. I tested many video players from Google Play and Rock Player Lite was the best. Not 100% perfect but result was acceptable. Maybe somebedy can recommend better option?
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5