• 23(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-03-05, 03:18)jjhtpc Wrote: For all users using the Mele f10 pro with the geniatec v2 inux build I have found that on reboot sound tries to come through the built in speaker on the remote.

This is due to the asound.conf being installed with the card # instead of the named device.

To fix this change the asound.conf file in /etc to have the following:
pcm.!default { type hw card AMLDUMMYCODEC }
pcm.default.card AMLDUMMYCODEC

You may want to verify the card0 default name, but this is what worked for me.

I hope this helps.

jjhdpc:

That remote has a built in speaker?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Mele+f10+...8QeRwoCQBg

What is the built in speaker normally used for? What box are you using with what Linux/XBMC?

tinker
(2014-03-05, 05:59)tinker Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 03:18)jjhtpc Wrote: For all users using the Mele f10 pro with the geniatec v2 inux build I have found that on reboot sound tries to come through the built in speaker on the remote.

This is due to the asound.conf being installed with the card # instead of the named device.

I hope this helps.

jjhdpc:

What is the built in speaker normally used for? What box are you using with what Linux/XBMC?

tinker

Yes there are 2 models of the remote the mele f10 and the mele f10 pro. The pro features the ability to toggle on or off the mouse and also has a speaker and microphone. (I think the idea for it was that it can be used for skype, of course it also has a headset plugin so you could watch tv and not disturb anyone else) The mele f10 is a great remote and gives you keyboard mouse and remote features all in one device.

I am using this on a MyGica ATV520. I was using the box as an xbmc android box, realized I used the android portion of it very little and the items I did use could also be accessed through xbmc(youtube), so I decided to cut over to the linux build and I am glad I did. The Linux build is night and day from the android build. It runs faster, I never see buffering in my mkv files on my smb and almost everything loads faster and works better. I also have on my main box a ceton infinitv4 (cable tv tuner) and I could not get the new server wmc to work properly on the android box as audio would always fall out of sync on 720p material. The Linux box allows me to have live tv without these same problems. My wife was never happy with the android box and no more than 3 days after cutting over to Linux she thinks the setup is now better than the WMC and Xbox extender configuration.
Folks:

Now that I've got the ATV520 'where I want it' with Linux/XBMC, I'll start picking away at the minor annoyances.

Like, why doesn't my wireless keyboard do key repeat like the remote does? Is this a problem with the Linux versions only or is it an issue with other OS versions as well?

If it is a Linux/XBMC issue, does anyone want to tackle it?

tinker
(2014-03-05, 16:24)jjhtpc Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 05:59)tinker Wrote:

I hope this helps.

jjhdpc:

tinker

Yes there are 2 models of the remote the mele f10 and the mele f10 pro. The pro features the ability to toggle on or off the mouse and also has a speaker and microphone. (I think the idea for it was that it can be used for skype, of course it also has a headset plugin so you could watch tv and not disturb anyone else) The mele f10 is a great remote and gives you keyboard mouse and remote features all in one device.

I am using this on a MyGica ATV520. I was using the box as an xbmc android box, realized I used the android portion of it very little and the items I did use could also be accessed through xbmc(youtube), so I decided to cut over to the linux build and I am glad I did. The Linux build is night and day from the android build. It runs faster, I never see buffering in my mkv files on my smb and almost everything loads faster and works better. I also have on my main box a ceton infinitv4 (cable tv tuner) and I could not get the new server wmc to work properly on the android box as audio would always fall out of sync on 720p material. The Linux box allows me to have live tv without these same problems. My wife was never happy with the android box and no more than 3 days after cutting over to Linux she thinks the setup is now better than the WMC and Xbox extender configuration.

In case you don't know, you can't turn the mouse off on the F10 as well by quickly double tapping the mouse button ( opposite the power button)
Is there any body get progress on debian or ubuntu running on Geniatech mx products?
Last week I flashed the Geniatech Linux on my Stock MyGica ATV520E. I've been testing and running the Box hard for almost a week and I must say I am impressed. The Stock Android with XBMC 12.2 was buggy. Sometimes watching a Movie it would kick right our of XBMC. I would lose Sound which I could only fix with a Power Cycle. Just weird things happening including a lot of Buffering.
Last night I watched a full 2 Hour 1080 Movie without issue. No issues whatsoever. And it's snappier and faster with Menu's etc..

My only complaint that has already been mentioned is the Power Button. If I select Reboot that works fine but a Shutdown goes into whatever state and only way to start or wakeup is the pull the Power nuisance. I guess I can live with keeping it running 24x7.

Great work everyone involved. This thread and instructions really helped. When Gotham is released will the Linux version be updated ?
NINJAIII:

Good review and consistent with what the rest of us found.

Since you have already installed the Geniatech version of Linux/XBMC and your only complaint is the power button, you could do what I did and switch to the Jynxbox version:

http://www.jynxbox.tv/threads/64-Unoffic...Pure-Linux

I've been running this version for over a week and it seems as solid as the Geniatech version. The power button turns the ATV520 off and on too.

Regardless of which version you choose, go through this entire thread to learn:

- How to talk to the ATV through a terminal like Putty for Windows.
- How to change and modify the remote.conf file.
- How to set up file sharing by editing smb.conf.

tinker
(2014-03-10, 20:25)tinker Wrote: NINJAIII:

Good review and consistent with what the rest of us found.

Since you have already installed the Geniatech version of Linux/XBMC and your only complaint is the power button, you could do what I did and switch to the Jynxbox version:

http://www.jynxbox.tv/threads/64-Unoffic...Pure-Linux

I've been running this version for over a week and it seems as solid as the Geniatech version. The power button turns the ATV520 off and on too.

Regardless of which version you choose, go through this entire thread to learn:

- How to talk to the ATV through a terminal like Putty for Windows.
- How to change and modify the remote.conf file.
- How to set up file sharing by editing smb.conf.

tinker

Very interesting I will check it out. Thanks for the info.
Ok quick question. I had the Geniatech v2 linux and loved it but wanted to test out xda. So I flashed back to android and then progressed to XDA. I found XDA to be a little bit slower and just seemed laggy wtih movie collection. Either way I would like to get back to the geniatech version. My question is can I flash right to the geniatech linux or do I need to go to android spi and then to linux? Any help is greatly appreciated.... I would like to avoid a brick if possible.

**Update**
I flashed back to android and then to the geniatech build and everything is buttery smooth again.
jjhdpc:

Can you tell us which method you used to revert back to Android? Some of us (like me) have had issues doing that.

I ended up using the Jynxbox version of Linux/XBMC because the power button works and it seems as fast as the Geniatech version.

tinker
Yes starting at XDA I then flashed to the android revert listed on the first page. After the revert and verifying that android was up and running properly I did the two step flash as defined by the new linux install on the first page. It was pretty easy. Although I was biting my fingernails, the process went perfectly smooth.
Has anyone tried Playing a .TS file with Version 2) Geniatech Linux. It plays but the Video freezes while audio is fine. Then the Video catches up.
I found a few other cases similiar so I suspect XBMC can't handle ? anyone try a .TS file ?
(2014-03-14, 03:29)NINJAIII Wrote: Has anyone tried Playing a .TS file with Version 2) Geniatech Linux. It plays but the Video freezes while audio is fine. Then the Video catches up.
I found a few other cases similiar so I suspect XBMC can't handle ? anyone try a .TS file ?

NINJAIII:

I had no problem with .TS files when I ran the Geniatech version.

You can always convert the files to something else, like .mp4.

I use a freeware program to do that:

http://www.oxelon.com/media_converter.html

tinker
(2014-03-14, 05:49)tinker Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 03:29)NINJAIII Wrote: Has anyone tried Playing a .TS file with Version 2) Geniatech Linux. It plays but the Video freezes while audio is fine. Then the Video catches up.

NINJAIII:

I had no problem with .TS files when I ran the Geniatech version.

You can always convert the files to something else, like .mp4.

I use a freeware program to do that:

http://www.oxelon.com/media_converter.html

tinker

Thanks Tinker. Ya I will convert. Did you try a 1080 .TS file ? No worries was just wanting to know if it played fine. Thanks Again.
I am on geniatech v2 and I am using serverwmc for live tv. Serverwmc uses .ts files and all channels from the ceton are fine.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5