Linux - [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
prangija Offline
Can someone please help me? I had Geniatech linux xbmc installed and flashed the Jynxbox version over that. Since I was more satisfied with the Geniatech version I wanted to revert back to it, but I can't enter the recovery anymore. I tried with holding the reset button and power button but it always goes into the jynxbox version and not the recovery. Any suggestions on what to do?

[EDIT]
Nevermind, I managed to revert back to Android first with @Biatch bootcard. Tx for this @Biatch. Now I'll flash the Geniatech linux.
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-13 14:52 by prangija.)
find quote
AuXBoX Offline
Fan
(2014-04-13 14:11)prangija Wrote:  Can someone please help me? I had Geniatech linux xbmc installed and flashed the Jynxbox version over that. Since I was more satisfied with the Geniatech version I wanted to revert back to it, but I can't enter the recovery anymore. I tried with holding the reset button and power button but it always goes into the jynxbox version and not the recovery. Any suggestions on what to do?

[EDIT]
Nevermind, I managed to revert back to Android first with @Biatch bootcard. Tx for this @Biatch. Now I'll flash the Geniatech linux.

Good to here you found a solution

+ REP if I Help
find quote
theINSKIP Online
Hello,

I have been running XBMC on my ATV1200 through Andriod for over a year now and it seems to be having some troubles. This weekend I am going to take the plunge and throw the LINUX version on it. Out of the 3 listed on the first page, which one would be best for the ATV1200 ?
From what i can read, the jynxbox one seems to be the most up to date of the 3.

Are there any new releases due out soon of them ?

Thanks

Pete
find quote
tinker Offline
(Yesterday 13:35)theINSKIP Wrote:  Hello,

I have been running XBMC on my ATV1200 through Andriod for over a year now and it seems to be having some troubles. This weekend I am going to take the plunge and throw the LINUX version on it. Out of the 3 listed on the first page, which one would be best for the ATV1200 ?
From what i can read, the jynxbox one seems to be the most up to date of the 3.

Are there any new releases due out soon of them ?

Thanks

Pete

theINSKIP:

Definitely use XDA version. It installs like an Android update so it doesn't need a bootable SD card. Follow the instructions at the top of this page:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029

It's fast, everything works (including, I believe, WIFI on the ATV1200) and it's easy to revert back to Android by simply updating the Android '.img' file.

But, read this whole thread carefully as well as the first few pages of the XDA thread to familiarize yourself so you don't repeat any of our mistakes! Smile

BTW, the JynxBox version was built for a single core box. I found it slow compared to both the other versions.

tinker
find quote
tinker Offline
Folks:

I should point out how I noticed that the JynxBox version or Linux/XBMC was slow.

I have been using a 'Revamped' version of the default skin 'Confluence' for a while now. Aside from being revamped, this version has all of the user interface graphics (buttons, menus and such) in a folder instead of being compressed into a single file. Apparently, most XBMC skins use this method to speed things up a little but the files are in a format not easily modified.

When I installed this skin on the JynxBox version of Linux/XBMC, the user interface slowed right down, taking sometimes 10 seconds to switch screens, Videos and streaming still worked fine but it was otherwise unusable.

So, I switched over to the XDA version of Linux/XBMC and the new skin runs just as fast as the default.

The reason I'm using it is that because all the graphical skin elements are accessible in a folder, I can modify the graphics to make the skin more visually accessible.

Here's a link to a couple of posts that I wrote on this topic earlier in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1628051

I'm re-posting that link because since them, I've make more modifications, like changing the progress and scroll-bars to the same anber-yellow as the lettering in the 'info' view.

If anyone is interested in a subtlety more easily visible skin for any version of XBMC, let me know and I'll post instructions in a separate thread.

tinker
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 19:17 by tinker.)
find quote
theINSKIP Online
Tinker:

Thanks for that.

Are there any tweaks that you think i need to do once i have installed the XDA version ?

I will be running my ATV1200 via HDMI into my AMP, with the ATV1200 being connected via ethernet.

I currently use my own advanced set up file to alter some bits of XBMC. Is this safe to use or just keep what XDA have done ?

I have also notice that Airplay does not work with this version. Has anyone else had that problem ?

Thanks

Pete
find quote