• 48(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Just a salient question, what is special and better with the OpenElec port build ?? This is I assume for using it with our ATV1200 and 520 boxes ??

Other than no support for Broadcom WiFi, and the less important inability to use the Confluence 7 Icons tweak, I really find the Linux Gotham 13.1 latest build with true 1080 res superb and pretty stable. So thus my question about OpenElec as I am of course just curious about it.

Will this new compiled OpenElec build for are prepping be for Linux XBMC Auxbox? If so I will of course give it a try on a spare ATV 1200 and 520 box and put it through it's paces. That will also maybe help test it for you if needed..
Cheers
Raymw
agree with the masses here, the latest 1080p linux build on the first page is incredible. everything just works. I stick with the amber skin and all the unneeded menus disabled. super fast and easy to use.

i'm still finding icefilms feeds that have the video freeze at the 10 min mark, but it seems many other people are finding the same issue, and that's an addon issue not an issue with this build.

i've been slowly converting everyone over to xbmc and i'm recommending the atv 520(e) and this linux build, provided that they have an ethernet connection to use. wifi is the only thing missing.

i'm interested to hear about the benefits of openelec though.
anyone having audio-sync issues when using spdif output? My audio is 250ms ahead of video....
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
@lexi81

I think its an issue with gotham, it happens to me on xbmcubuntu if i set refresh rate to auto adjust

Just set all videos to 250ms ahead and all is ok
Press THANK USER if I Help
Hi

I have just upgraded my ATV1200 from linux 12.3 to 13.1 using the 1st link on the 1st page.

I am now having trouble accessing my SMB shares from my NAS. It will not play a film off the NAS and when i try and go through the file system to re-add the shares it takes a LONG time to move from screen to screen. Should i remove the shares and re-add them one by one ?

Also, how do you cache/buffer from an external SD card ?

EDIT - After a few reboots the shares are now working again and the whole thing is running a bit smoother. Would still like to know about cache/buffering to an external source ? Is it a case of pluging a class 10 card into the machine and Gotham places the cache on the best possible source ?
I wouldn't mind know as well how to cache from SD card. Thanks
Would this method work for using a sd card to speed up everything ?

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...f6789d9ea9
(2014-02-02, 03:41)AuXBoX Wrote: Heres what i used

Unbrick Fix

Just open as administrator the sdcard maker first. make sure it formats in FAT and use the spi_MX.bin file i put on there, then put all the files in the folder Recovery SDCard on the sdcard.
Also on the card i put update_spi_mx_20130805.img and update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img so when in recovery just flash these
Unfortunately I find myself in the position of needing to ask some newbie questions. I have bricked my TV box (I believe it is an ATV1200).

1. Is the .bin file that you select with the tool supposed to end up on the memory card? Or is it used by the tool to perform some "magic" while the memory card is being prepared? After formatting I can't see the file on the card so I presume the latter.

2. I presume FAT32 formatting is OK.

3. If recovering with the memory card does not work do I need to open the box up and short the pins that I have read about elsewhere?
(2014-08-03, 22:31)Grand Total Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 03:41)AuXBoX Wrote: Heres what i used

Unbrick Fix

Just open as administrator the sdcard maker first. make sure it formats in FAT and use the spi_MX.bin file i put on there, then put all the files in the folder Recovery SDCard on the sdcard.
Also on the card i put update_spi_mx_20130805.img and update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img so when in recovery just flash these
Unfortunately I find myself in the position of needing to ask some newbie questions. I have bricked my TV box (I believe it is an ATV1200).

1. Is the .bin file that you select with the tool supposed to end up on the memory card? Or is it used by the tool to perform some "magic" while the memory card is being prepared? After formatting I can't see the file on the card so I presume the latter.

2. I presume FAT32 formatting is OK.

3. If recovering with the memory card does not work do I need to open the box up and short the pins that I have read about elsewhere?
Yes the bin is only used in the preparing of the sdcard, you wont actually see it on it.
Try formatting in FAT16 and if that doesnt work then try shorting pins.
Also try Bootcard
Then if all else fails you'll have to purchase a usb-TTL serial cable
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2014-07-23, 00:33)AuXBoX Wrote: @lexi81

I think its an issue with gotham, it happens to me on xbmcubuntu if i set refresh rate to auto adjust

hmm, the problem is. It happens to all video's with AC3 or DTS, where the audio is untouched. As soon as AAC or MP3 is the audio it will play sync. Even if I let it transcode AAC to AC3 it runs sync. Also when I disable pass-through the spdif will output downmixed pcm which will be sync. But the digital_raw audio is ahead of video. I installed Frodo again, and there everything is fine. I've had multiple posts in different fora, but nobody seems to recognize this.
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
(2014-08-04, 09:53)lexi81 Wrote:

hmm, the problem is. It happens to all video's with AC3 or DTS, where the audio is untouched. As soon as AAC or MP3 is the audio it will play sync. Even if I let it transcode AAC to AC3 it runs sync. Also when I disable pass-through the spdif will output downmixed pcm which will be sync. But the digital_raw audio is ahead of video. I installed Frodo again, and there everything is fine. I've had multiple posts in different fora, but nobody seems to recognize this.

What version of Frodo works good for you. I have a problem with passthrough audio too on Linux Frodo 12.4 and all Gotham Linux builds in that my Denon XR 500 Home theatre will not auto switch to Dolby Digital or DTS passthrough so I get a loud data stream noise. I have to manually switch my Denon every time for digital pass through sound. Was fine with Linux Frodo 12.3 and earlier so maybe we both have different manifestations of the same problem

I would hero worship anyone who could fix this digital passthrough problem as it is so frustrating with an otherwise awesome Linux Gotham 13.1 build.
Cheers
Raymw
(2014-08-04, 00:40)AuXBoX Wrote: Yes the bin is only used in the preparing of the sdcard, you wont actually see it on it.
Try formatting in FAT16 and if that doesnt work then try shorting pins.
Also try Bootcard
Then if all else fails you'll have to purchase a usb-TTL serial cable
Well, my box is finally back in the land of the living. I tried FAT16 and no dice. I had trouble determining which two pins to short, so decided to read some more and experiment a bit more.

It turns out that the .bin file does need to be on the SD card, and you can't see it. I ended up creating a working card by using a Linux machine to copy the uboot file to the card then created a (FAT32) partition on the card after the uboot file into which I copied the rest of the files.

I am getting a little old and confused and somehow managed to end up making my SD card with a Linux set of files, so got a bit of a shock when my box sprang back to life with MX Linux and XBMC. Fortunately this was the result that I was trying to achieve when I "bricked" my box in the first place. Smile

Thank you very much for answering my newbie question. Believe it or not it did help me a lot by pointing me in the direction of Bootcard which I was able to examine and which set me off on a slightly different path.
(2014-08-05, 00:43)raymw Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 09:53)lexi81 Wrote:

What version of Frodo works good for you. I have a problem with passthrough audio too on Linux Frodo 12.4 and all Gotham Linux builds in that my Denon XR 500 Home theatre will not auto switch to Dolby Digital or DTS passthrough so I get a loud data stream noise. I have to manually switch my Denon every time for digital pass through sound. Was fine with Linux Frodo 12.3 and earlier so maybe we both have different manifestations of the same problem

I would hero worship anyone who could fix this digital passthrough problem as it is so frustrating with an otherwise awesome Linux Gotham 13.1 build.

It was the 12.2 version compiled with -amcodec switch.

No AE dev around here?
My XBMC / Kodi history.
Yes Frodo 12.3 was okay for me as I said. Seems this may well be why the sync problem is also why my Denon Home Theatre does not pick up the digital pass-through switching signal correctly on on Frodoa 12.4 and all Gotham Linux versions too.

Yes wish there was a developer on here who might be able to crack this annoying problem on what is otherwise a great build. I know it does not happen for everyone but as it used to be okay it has to be something that has fundamentally changed in the pass-through output signal since Linux Frodo 12.3
Cheers
Raymw
(2014-06-29, 14:56)AuXBoX Wrote:
Quote: @AuXBoX - I can't logon to SSH with your latest build - just says access is denied as if I'm typing the wrong password.

I couldn't either, the password from is cronicorey letmein.
I see you have built it and been able to ssh in, i haven't been to able ssh for a while, even trying with your builds

Try ftp it worked with me port 21
Did you ever get past this? I have exactly the same problem, I can FTP into my box, but not SSH.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5