• 56(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Belliash and Frankie13. Sorry to hear of your bricking and cannot understand how this has happened as I flash quite a few of these boxes with this same build / compile and never a problem.

I am guessing just maybe you held in the front power button rather than using a toothpick to hold it the reset switch inside the little reset hole in the rear of the box. This would cause the unit to power off after a few seconds and cause the corruption problem you have with the box no longer even looking at the SD card at bootup. If this is the case I do not know the answer as my friend in UK did this and cannot unbrick it so far despite all the great help here. I am waiting for him to send me his bricked box so I can try to fix it here but maybe bobones and/or Auxbox can give you a cure as those guys are very switched on with these problems.

Good luck with it. Belliash sorry still not had time to dig out my old CRT TV and test the composite and component video with Gotham 13.1 or 13.2 test version. Been very busy with my son here on holiday all month but now getting back to normal Let me know if you still need me to try it for you.
Cheers
Raymw
Yes, I don't quite understand how 2 boxes got bricked so easily when we've flashed loads of times without problem. Really bad luck. There are other unbricking techniques involving shorting pins internally and the use of a special serial cable which are documented elsewhere. Have a look on freaktab for example.
no i used the toothpick method , well i always wanted a black brick as a door stop
@raymw I have disconnected power, pressed the hidden in hole button on the rear of device, plugged in and I see always red light in front, and blinking together ethernet status and activity leds on the rear. As I said, looks like device is rebooting all the time. It does not do anything. I have prepared bootable SD card, after 15-20 seconds I have stopped pressing the button and left the device for about half an hour. My monitor shows no signal on DVI connected to HDMI via special adapter.
hammer time me thinks
Have you try the how to make a boot card in the folder I posted earlier
Press THANK USER if I Help
Yes, not working either
Hi

I have installed the XDA Developers MX Linux build (option 1) from the front page of this thread. For reasons I won't bore you with I want to revert to Android. The XDA revert download (option 2) is a dead link. Does this "revert" do something specific to re-enable Android on a Linux specific machine, or can I simply download any firmware e.g. the MyGica 4.2 build here : http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1570

Just want to be sure whether the "revert" does something specific or not so I don't brick my device after less than 24 hours ownership!

Thanks
(2014-08-31, 10:04)gingerprince Wrote: Hi

I have installed the XDA Developers MX Linux build (option 1) from the front page of this thread. For reasons I won't bore you with I want to revert to Android. The XDA revert download (option 2) is a dead link. Does this "revert" do something specific to re-enable Android on a Linux specific machine, or can I simply download any firmware e.g. the MyGica 4.2 build here : http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1570

Just want to be sure whether the "revert" does something specific or not so I don't brick my device after less than 24 hours ownership!

Thanks

Never mind answered my own question. Needs specific revert, but found it on the XDA site.
Loving the new gotham builds on my ATV1200. Anyone tried to install an emulator (snes, mame, sega etc) on any build?
(2014-08-21, 16:02)bobones Wrote: I had a problem building it because sed does not have the "-c" or "--copy" option on my platform (Ubuntu) that seems to be available on RH based platforms. I had to manually fix a couple of make files to get the build to complete. No such problem with mkpasswd though. I think the issue was that the build previously did not detect that the mkpasswd command was missing so forged ahead, making a bad shadow file.
Would you care to share the changes you made for the less Linux-literate among us? I've found two places that need changing, but am having difficulty working out what change to make.
(2014-08-31, 23:38)Grand Total Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 16:02)bobones Wrote: I had a problem building it because sed does not have the "-c" or "--copy" option on my platform (Ubuntu) that seems to be available on RH based platforms. I had to manually fix a couple of make files to get the build to complete. No such problem with mkpasswd though. I think the issue was that the build previously did not detect that the mkpasswd command was missing so forged ahead, making a bad shadow file.
Would you care to share the changes you made for the less Linux-literate among us? I've found two places that need changing, but am having difficulty working out what change to make.

You need to edit ./fs/recovery_aml/recovery_aml.mk and ./package/thirdparty/xbmc/xbmc.mk and change occurrences of "sed -ci" to just "sed -i". There are 2 occurences in the xmbc.mk file
(2014-09-01, 12:41)bobones Wrote: You need to edit ./fs/recovery_aml/recovery_aml.mk and ./package/thirdparty/xbmc/xbmc.mk and change occurrences of "sed -ci" to just "sed -i". There are 2 occurences in the xmbc.mk file
Thanks. I was able to find the files I needed to change but wasn't able to work out how to modify the lines myself. I guess it's easy when you know how. Smile

Anyway, I'm now able to build.
hi
i flashed the broadcom fix linux to my sumvision nano slim. been bugging me for days now as i have linux running but cant get wifi working at all. i have network manager and says no wifi device found and system settings will not let me choose wifi. works fine hard wireded but my tv is miles away from modem. any help would be great Smile

my box is cyclone nano 2 slim M1 i believe
DIppa I did not know there was a Broadcom Linux fix ?? The last test compile release of Linux Gotham 13.2 from our friends here AuxBox and Bobones did not fix the Broadcom problem at all when we tested it and as far as I know nothing has yet change. As you may know it is not a fault with the compile but with the build itself from the developers so as I understand it they are still working on it.

For me on my MyGica ATV520 (same as the Sumvision equivalent I assume you have) I have to for now go back to Frodo 12.3 with the MyBeth1975 simple manual WiFI fix whilst we are still waiting for a Broadcom compatible Linux Gotham build. If you know something new that I don;t please let me know.
Cheers
Raymw
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5