Win No Sound on boot
Hello Guys,

So I have an issue, I don't know how to resolve.

Issue:
When I boot my system, there is "error no device found" in xbmc 12.2 audio section
&
Unable to create application: exiting in xbmc 13 nightly

Now my setup is:
Onkyo Amplifier
Sony TV
HDMI goes into onkyo input and from onkyo goes to my TV
GT 630 GPU
Intel board and processor
SSD 60gb corsair GT

What I know?

When I turn on my PC (simultaneously turn on PC and Amplifier) error no device found is seen or other error in xbmc 13
Now also my Sound Icon has a Cross in the taskbar
When I restart my system from here sometimes it starts working and other times it doesn't.

I am not sure what to do or how to rectify this.
Please help me out

Thank You.
Try updating your audio drivers and bios.
Already did that, also the Audio is passthrough via the GT 630 (HDMI), and it's driver is also up to date
Everything ok in device manager?

If you right click on the sound icon and go to "Playback devices", can you see any devices? If not, try right click on the blank space of the Playback window, click "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
You might also want to try another HDMI cable.
Chances are good that it's okay,..but it'd be better to rule it out as the source of your problem.
Device Managers no yellow icons
In playback devices Disabled and Disconnected (when the red cross is appearing) then I see my HDMI as disconnected
Have you tried right click on the disconnected HDMI (in playback devices) and select "Default Device" ?
(2013-12-19, 10:22)zxz0O0 Wrote: Have you tried right click on the disconnected HDMI (in playback devices) and select "Default Device" ?

This
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Intel NUC i3 Thunderbolt Edition
- Sony Xperia Z3 & Z3 Tablet
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

If my post was helpful please click the +Reputation button.
try disabling audio in your bios and see if that has any affect since you have a GPU that does both audio and video. I have the GT 430 card and remember having to do that when i first started using it. Now it doesn't seem to make any difference weather its enabled or disabled. I have asus mobo and it was under chipset/south bridge to change it. Just something else to try, who knows maybe it is a bug with the newer builds of xbmc?
Oh that's sounds like a good idea, I will try and let you know how it turns out Smile. Thank You
I tried doing that as well, installed the new XBMC release as well

Now when my system starts, it gives me the error but all I needed to do is reset it once and it starts working.

Btu no matter what I do when it goes from shutdown state to boot-up it never accepts there is any sound
(2014-01-18, 14:11)khizaraq Wrote: I tried doing that as well, installed the new XBMC release as well

Now when my system starts, it gives me the error but all I needed to do is reset it once and it starts working.

Btu no matter what I do when it goes from shutdown state to boot-up it never accepts there is any sound
Your system is having issue with EDID. You need this- Gefen HDmi Detective Plus- good to have for HTPC...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yup you were right I was having an EDID issue

I cann't find that Gefen where I live but I solved using software

I over-wrote my Monitor with the EDID of my amplifier in Device Manager and it works perfectly now, if anyone want steps elt me know

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Sound on boot0