Release Aeon MQ5 - LiveTV mod (based on anti2k's mod)
Hi all,
I know there are a few topics here regarding the LiveTV\PVR\EPG views but I didn't want to hijack someone elses topic, so I'll create my own.

Since I am using one specific PVR Client (IPTV-simple) that only works properly on Gotham, I needed a nice skin that works, and that has nice LiveTV support.
And we all know, that Aeon MQ5 is a great looking skin!

Some of you also know that Aeon Nox for Frodo had a really nice mod, made by "anti2k" (Dreambox and other STB users will agree :-D). Found here: https://github.com/anti2k/Aeon-Nox
But last contribution there was more than 6 months ago, and there is no support for Gotham.

So I decided to try and port the mod to Aeon MQ5 (Please bare in mind that I am no skinner, but I do know programming).
There was a lot of work since I had to port it from 1080i to 720p. But I have come a long way, and am happy to say that it looks really good. Smile
It is till work in progress, I guess, some small stuff I need to play with. You can see some screens of it running in MQ5.
At first I did try to make the mod work on AeonNox for Gotham, did come a long way. But then realised that other parts of the skin did not work properly in Gotham. So I'll wait untill there is a more stable version for Gotham before I do more work there.

I will upload it for testing soon. I will not use github, but I will pack all the files in a .zip so that you can see what files are modified\added.
I have only changed the Channels list while in fullscreen and added the Infobar. The rest is original MQ5.

Any suggestions are welcome.
I am not trying to take credit for someone elses work, all cred goes to the "anti2k" fella for creating such a great mod for AeonNox.

Download Version 0.3
Please remember to backup your original files! If you have modified the skin on your own, be careful what files you overwrite.

Changes in 0.3
- Fixed overlapping title in Channel OSD
- Fixed overlapping next-title in infobar
- Fixed lower text\background while playing local content

Changes in 0.2
- Fixed errors that came with Gotham beta3. Works with skin version 6.0.2
- Fixed missing labels on focused channel error
- Fixed width on some labels
- Added support for AM\PM in the infobar

Installation
1) Backup your skin files

2) Move the CONTENT of the .zip file to the skin directory: C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\

3) IMPORTANT! The mod contains changes to "includes.xml" and "Font.xml" files!
You can either choose to modify these files manually OR just replace all files.
(If you are upgrading from 0.1 to 0.2, then you do not need these 2 files).

In order to update those 2 files manually open the files from this mod, and copy the mod-specific lines to your corresponding skin-files:
Code:
includes.xml - line 16
Font.xml - From line 200 to the end

The rest can be replaced

Channels list

Infobar - channel switching

Infobar - Menu OSD
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Looks good!

Nice work.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Would love to see more of this Wink
Nice work, looks very good!
Very good! I wish this was integrated into official MQ5.
Awesome, looking really good, can't wait to try it out Smile
@Maniac
How is progress doing, any change we could test a few things already?
Sorry mate, I will upload it soon.

I changed the look of the channelslist in fullscreen, I wasn't very happy with the anti2k version. It didn't really blend in with the MQ5 look&feel.
This one will me more compact but with enough of information, plus with icons Smile Like the one on the "Artict" skin.
(2013-12-21, 22:56)Maniac Wrote: Sorry mate, I will upload it soon.

I changed the look of the channelslist in fullscreen, I wasn't very happy with the anti2k version. It didn't really blend in with the MQ5 look&feel.
This one will me more compact but with enough of information, plus with icons Smile Like the one on the "Artict" skin.

No problem, can't wait Wink
That is really impressive Smile
Ok, updated first post.

- Added download link Smile
- Changed screenshot of channels list
- The mod will follow skins own color settings

Enjoy
(2013-12-27, 13:42)Maniac Wrote: Ok, updated first post.

- Added download link Smile
- Changed screenshot of channels list
- The mod will follow skins own color settings

Enjoy

Great, going to test it asap.

Edit:
First look is great but for some reason i have the feeling it isn't inline with Aeon MQ5 design also wondering why you used new font files, not possible to use existing font files/types?

I would try to change channel progress bar to what is used in Aeon MQ5 now it sometimes overlaps channel name, and make OSD Info panel more square since Aeon MQ5 doesn't really use rounded boxes. Another feature request is changing channel info panel when you hit "i" from keyboard.
Hi schumi, thanks for the feedback.
I used orignal fonts, from the orignal mod. I could use the mq5 fonts but I feel they are a bit too smal and narrow.

When it comes to the progress bar and the OSD panel, I used original graphics, just to make it work. Later on I may replace those, but I need to find or create proper graphics.
I'm going to have a play with it also and share my mods with you so you can see if it fits your ideas Wink
Letting you know that I am now using this mod and enjoying the heck out of it. Thank you!
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ5 - LiveTV mod (based on anti2k's mod)1