Win How do you make XBMC turn off the computer after the movie is finished?
How do you make XBMC turn off the computer after the movie is finished playing?
There is an idle timer under the system settings. Set the action to Shutdown and then set the timer for whatever you want. After a movie finishes xbmc will shutdown after x minutes if you don't start another.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...wer_saving
(2013-12-17, 04:09)robweber Wrote: There is an idle timer under the system settings. Set the action to Shutdown and then set the timer for whatever you want. After a movie finishes xbmc will shutdown after x minutes if you don't start another.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...wer_saving

Thanks, I will try this!

Hmm, it sounds like it will only shutdown the display?

Quote:Put display to sleep when idle
Turns off display when idle. Useful for TVs that turn off when there is no display signal detected, but you don't want to suspend/shutdown the whole computer. Selectable from 5 minutes to 120 minutes.

Shutdown function timer
Sleeps the computer when idle. Selectable from 5 minutes to 120 minutes.

Shutdown function
Defines what "Shutdown" will do by default. Can be set to actually shutdown, suspend, minimize, or quit.
The "put display to sleep" function does exactly that. You'll want the "shutdown function timer". This will execute the value of the "shutdown function" after the idle timer expires. Set the shutdown function to "shutdown" instead of sleep, or suspend and the computer will shutdown. I use this all the time.
(2013-12-17, 17:19)robweber Wrote: The "put display to sleep" function does exactly that. You'll want the "shutdown function timer". This will execute the value of the "shutdown function" after the idle timer expires. Set the shutdown function to "shutdown" instead of sleep, or suspend and the computer will shutdown. I use this all the time.

Thanks! I was hoping for a solution that you could turn on and it would turn off the computer at the end of the movie.

The idle timer seems like the perfect function for this, except that it will not shutdown or sleep the computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you make XBMC turn off the computer after the movie is finished?0