Solved Random fail of Movie Fanart backdrop
Odd problem, couldn't find anything in search.

Just decided to try Ace and really like it so I started to move my complex AeonNOX setup over to it. However have noticed that in Movie list (doesn't matter which viewtype) the backdrop fanart is not displayed for some movies and I get the default image as the backdrop. I haven't counted them yet but I'd say this is happening on 10 to 15% of my movies. I tried both Confluence and Amber and the same problem shows up in them as well as Ace. If I shift back to AeonNOX everything is fine and all movies have the correct backdrops.

This happens on BD and DVD sources which are stored in different structures. All movies have backdrop images and .nfo files. I've gone as far as removing the sources, clearing the database, reloading and rescanning the sources all to no avail. The problem still shows up on the same movies.

Obviously there's something about these that's different, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I hope one of you guys have run into this and can point me in the right direction to fix it.
Ok, solved but I'm still not sure why the problem existed in the first place. BTW this probably was on my ignorance to start with.

My structure for movies is:

\HD Movies *same for SD movies in \Movies
__\title (year)
____\extrafanart
____backdrop.jpg
____title (year).mkv

If I copy the backdrop.jpg image to fanart.jpg so that:

\HD Movies
__\title (year)
____\extrafanart
____backdrop.jpg
____fanart.jpg
____title (year).mkv

then remove the folder from the library and re-add it, everything works ok.

What I can't explain is why some worked with the original structure and some didn't.

BTW, not all of the viewtypes in AeonNOX worked correctly. "Low List" which I was using worked, but "BigFan" didn't. That's how I figured out it was probably a naming problem.

Go figure, thanks anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random fail of Movie Fanart backdrop0