XBMCYA or XBMSteam
Gang,

Is anyone working on a project that would combine XBMC with Ouya or Steam? I know XBMC is an App for Ouya and Steam is an app for XBMC but I'm thinking more of a full integration of the two products.

Essentially, an XBMC flavor that would access an Ouya account and store from the XBMC interface. Or a build that would do the same with Steam.

I guess what I'm describing is what Xbox and Playstation are doing, just not nearly as well as XBMC on the media hub side of things. Also, I'm not interested in spending $400-$600 for a device that is limited, loaded with commercial bloat and locked.

Just seems like a really obvious next step to me but I'm only a user, not a developer/programmer. Would love to hear thoughts and theories.

All the best,

Brian
(2013-12-17, 21:19)brianewing Wrote: Gang,

Is anyone working on a project that would combine XBMC with Ouya or Steam? I know XBMC is an App for Ouya and Steam is an app for XBMC but I'm thinking more of a full integration of the two products.

Essentially, an XBMC flavor that would access an Ouya account and store from the XBMC interface. Or a build that would do the same with Steam.

I guess what I'm describing is what Xbox and Playstation are doing, just not nearly as well as XBMC on the media hub side of things. Also, I'm not interested in spending $400-$600 for a device that is limited, loaded with commercial bloat and locked.

Just seems like a really obvious next step to me but I'm only a user, not a developer/programmer. Would love to hear thoughts and theories.

All the best,

Brian
There is a version of xbmc modified to function as a launcher for ouya . if set as the default launcher you can access all your ouya games and the ouya store in the android apps section under "programs"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCYA or XBMSteam0