Pixelation/Artifact while playing AVCHD(.mts) on NUC BOXDCCP847DYE
I'm having issue with Openelec 3.2 on NUC 847 while playing AVCHD video files in FULL HD. Issue posted in Openelec forum but did not get response so trying to get some help here.

http://openelec.tv/forum/116-vaapi-intel...-mts#93255

Thanks.
Can you share a demo file for testing? What you describe sounds to me as an Intel driver issue.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
I don't know what driver is used in openelec. But the artifact/pixelation on some videos is a known issue with intel drivers(sandy bridge graphics) on windows. Those videos are supposed to be playing fine on openelec as it has a different driver from what I heard. I had a sandy bridge HTPC with windows where I had similar issue but it worked fine on openelec. But however I had different issues with openelec so I had to return it.
(2013-12-21, 20:56)milli Wrote: I don't know what driver is used in openelec. But the artifact/pixelation on some videos is a known issue with intel drivers(sandy bridge graphics) on windows. Those videos are supposed to be playing fine on openelec as it has a different driver from what I heard. I had a sandy bridge HTPC with windows where I had similar issue but it worked fine on openelec. But however I had different issues with openelec so I had to return it.

What HTPC you end up buying?? Did it resolve all the issues with Openelec?

Thanks.

I have a huge file 300MB. Where can I upload with no re- encoding? Not sure how to trim the M2TS file with no re-encoding..

If you suspect driver issue, where can I find updated drivers?

Thanks.
(2013-12-23, 01:10)max71 Wrote:
(2013-12-21, 20:56)milli Wrote: I don't know what driver is used in openelec. But the artifact/pixelation on some videos is a known issue with intel drivers(sandy bridge graphics) on windows. Those videos are supposed to be playing fine on openelec as it has a different driver from what I heard. I had a sandy bridge HTPC with windows where I had similar issue but it worked fine on openelec. But however I had different issues with openelec so I had to return it.

What HTPC you end up buying?? Did it resolve all the issues with Openelec?

Thanks.

I have a huge file 300MB. Where can I upload with no re- encoding? Not sure how to trim the M2TS file with no re-encoding..

If you suspect driver issue, where can I find updated drivers?

Thanks.

I end up buying Ivy bridge celeron q190 for which Intel released a new driver fixing various issues on windows. So I didn't have to try openelec with this one. You may find answers in openelec forum if you haven't tried already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pixelation/Artifact while playing AVCHD(.mts) on NUC BOXDCCP847DYE0