pvr.wmc is now officially part of XBMC Gotham PVR Addons
Im pleased to announce that our pvr.wmc pvr addon has been accepted into the official XBMC Gotham pvr addons repository today!

This means that it will be part of Gotham nightly builds from now on, and of course will be part of the official Gotham release when that occurs.

Congratulations to krustyreturns for getting this far, and many thanks to the users, testers and supporters here in the forum Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Woohoo!! Congrats to the whole team and thanks to all of the users. Very exciting news and I am honored to be a part of it.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Wow great news! Scarecrow really did the heavy lifting to get this into official-dom. Thanks!
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Great news!!!! Good work guys. You guys put in some serious work on this..

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to you too hoops. Your testing is invaluable.
Congratulations
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
This is great! Congratulations to the WMC PVR team! No more manual Gotham PVR addon builds Big Grin
Great news, congrats!

(2013-12-18, 15:27)Stiefelland Wrote: This is great! Congratulations to the WMC PVR team! No more manual Gotham PVR addon builds Big Grin
Well, you will still need to keep doing manual upgrades if you want to continue run cutting-edge builds of the WMC PVR addon builds for XBMC.

XBMC's Addons API does not support binary addons so you will not get any automated updates via XBMC's addons system in Gotham.

So for now you will only get the PVR addon build ersion that come with the build version of XBMC that you install, unless you upgrade manually.
(2013-12-18, 16:37)RockerC Wrote: So for now you will only get the PVR addon build ersion that come with the build version of XBMC that you install, unless you upgrade manually.

Does this mean a PVR addon is included in XBMC Android?
(2013-12-18, 16:37)RockerC Wrote: Well, you will still need to keep doing manual upgrades if you want to continue run cutting-edge builds of the WMC PVR addon builds for XBMC.

XBMC's Addons API does not support binary addons so you will not get any automated updates via XBMC's addons system in Gotham.

So for now you will only get the PVR addon build ersion that come with the build version of XBMC that you install, unless you upgrade manually.

I didn't know that binaries don't auto install for the xbmc repo. Its weird because Immortal had it working on his, I thought. I guess it will be important to keep letting people know when there are new version available in this forum.
Until that section is updated, yes. I was under the impression the pvr plug-ins were no different than any others. Unfortunately that is not the case. I can honestly say, I do not understand why or why this hasn't been fixed.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
maybe someone could write a python addon that auto-updates the PVR binary addons? Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
As a backup, when we get auto-update working on the server, we can use it to notify the user through the xbmc gui that there is a new pvr client to download.
Nice work guys, congratulations and we're all very appreciative of your hard work.
(2013-12-18, 22:58)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 16:37)RockerC Wrote: Well, you will still need to keep doing manual upgrades if you want to continue run cutting-edge builds of the WMC PVR addon builds for XBMC.

I didn't know that binaries don't auto install for the xbmc repo. Its weird because Immortal had it working on his, I thought. I guess it will be important to keep letting people know when there are new version available in this forum.
Only skins and Python based addons can be downloaded and upgraded via XBMC's addons manager as far as I can tell.

Binary addons such as PVR, visualizations, and screensavers addons and libraries that are not Python based do not get updated via XBMC's addons manager.

All binary addons gets shipped with XBMC package itself, and can today not be upgraded via XBMC's addons manager at all.

(2013-12-19, 02:26)TechLife Wrote: Until that section is updated, yes. I was under the impression the pvr plug-ins were no different than any others. Unfortunately that is not the case. I can honestly say, I do not understand why or why this hasn't been fixed.
It isn't an exiting feature that is broken or a bug that needs to be be fixed, as it have never been designed to work with binary addons.

It would be a new huge function for the addons framework and API so can not be classified as a simple "fix".

(2013-12-19, 02:36)scarecrow420 Wrote: maybe someone could write a python addon that auto-updates the PVR binary addons? Smile
While a such hack could work I doubt a such workaround addon would be accepted into the official XBMC repo for Gotham.

Probably better try solve the root issue a assist in adding binary support to XBMC's core and addon manage framework instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.wmc is now officially part of XBMC Gotham PVR Addons0