DivX XSUB™ subtitles (.divx embedded subtitle)
hi,

when i play my divx file, created by divx converter 6.0 or 6.1, i can see the subtitle in player ( pc ). the subtitle is embeded inside the divx file. when i play the same file from xbox hd, it will not show the subtitle.

anyone knows how it wroks?

thanks
(beltone @ feb. 10 2006,21:56 Wrote:when i play my divx file, created by divx converter 6.0 or 6.1, i can see the subtitle in player ( pc ). the subtitle is embeded inside the divx file. when i play the same file from xbox hd, it will not show the subtitle.
moving to the feature-suggestions forum; xbmc (and mplayer) doesn't support divx's xsub subtitles at all yet, (i think mostly because divx corp/labs hasn't released a full sdk yet).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks, for the reply. i hope dive release sdk soon.
hi there i hope you can answer this one mr marshall? [or any other xbmc guru's]

i have original copies of starwars episodes 4-6 on dvd [lovely quality] but they are each 6gb. i have all of my other movies/vids in .avi courtesy of dr.divx but subtitles have always been an issue.

the new version of dr.divx supports subtitles and makes including them a piece of p*ss but can the mplayer in xbmc handle the new .divx extension?

many thanks for any replies. :kickass:
Question 
Hi to all.

I seem to be in a confusion. I need to play a DivX Video file in XBMC with its subtitles but I am unable to do so. No

The video file is DivX and the Subtitles are embedded within the file. If I play the file on the PC, it will run perfectly but without the subtitles, whether it be Windows Media Player,Media Player Classic or any other such software for that matter. The Subtitles only play in DivX Player and they are activated by default, we must configure DivX Player to show those subtitles. I wish to know how I could have this DivX file run in XBMC with the subtitles. The video works properly, it's just the subtitles within the DivX video file that need to be played. Sad

Do I have to do some converting of the file or some configuration in XBMC? Huh

If someone could help me out here, I'd really appreciate that. Nod

Thanks for the help.
FFmpeg has now implemented a DivX subtitles (XSUB™Wink decoder into their SVN ("/ffmpeg/trunk/libavcodec/xsubdec.c"), which makes for the first open source XSUB decoder (.divx embedded subtitles).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DivX#DivX_S....28XSUB.29
Quote:DivX Subtitles (XSUB)

DivX, Inc. have since DivX 6 their own proprietary subtitle tracks that they call "XSUB" (which they also trademarked as XSUB). These subtitles are not text-based like many other subtitles, instead they are bitmap (digital image) based like VSFilter subtitles for DVD-Video are. And like VSFilter subtitles for DVD-Video are suppose to, XSUB does not come in standalone files but are only embedded in .divx containers, which can be created with Dr.DivX, (Dr.DivX can actually convert/encode XSUB from VSFilter subtitles inside DVD-Video). A .divx container can contain multiple XSUB subtitles in several languages.

Hopefully some nice developer will copy that code to enable this feature in XBMC someday.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DivX XSUB™ subtitles (.divx embedded subtitle)0