get OUYA now or wait for OUYA next gen as XBMC box?
I used Gotham 3. Ouya was fine for a month. I installed nothing. I changed nothing. I had 2 apps. Then random deaths. I can't wait to get rid of it. Facory reset twice and nothing. I still use it, but I cringe at the thought of it freezing mid movie.
All of these boxes have limited lifespans and are subject to the support they receive, be that from the company that sells them or the users. Your best option will always be an x86 platform.
(2014-04-21, 07:32)McButton Wrote: I used Gotham 3. Ouya was fine for a month. I installed nothing. I changed nothing. I had 2 apps. Then random deaths. I can't wait to get rid of it. Facory reset twice and nothing. I still use it, but I cringe at the thought of it freezing mid movie.

I'm sorry, but your OUYA and the experience you've had with it simply isn't typical. I don't doubt that these things are really happening to you, but they're not happening to other OUYA owners, myself included.
The OUYA is great, but I would only get it at this point if you can get it used/second hand for cheap. For the price of a new OUYA, around $100 USD, you can get better options like an ODROID-U3.

I would not hold my breath for a second gen OUYA.
Isn't OUYA moving to a software-only model and moving away from producing its own hardware? It looks unlikely that there will be a radically different second-gen console.

I'm referring to articles like this : http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2454752,00.asp
They have more or less already confirmed a second model. There not going out of business for at least another two years. Remember there goal was like 900,000$ they sold over 8 million worth and then got venture capital funding. The only way they are going out soon is if someone big buys them out. Julia said they just make more money off of spreading their app store but will always have a reference device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
get OUYA now or wait for OUYA next gen as XBMC box?0