OS X No rear surround
Love xbmc...... Although very new to me seems to be working great what a great program!
Kuddos to all who made it

I have the video stutter after 45 min but that doesn't bug me I will happily install 12.3 stable when it comes?

What I have noticed is that my surround speakers work in audio midi But if I load up YouTube and do a surround sound check the rears don't make any noise. next movie I watch will pay more attention to the surround effects.

Searched for a while but everyone else seams to have slightly different issues ie only left side ect.
While center left and right and woofer all work yet no rear thx for any and all help

Sry if this has been asked b4.... I have never posted to any site b4this and really looked for an answer on my own

I bought a Mac mini 11-30-13 it has lion 10.8 i7 tb hd
Hooked via hdmi to a Yamaha receiver then monitored out to a Sony LCD TV
your correct settings are.

speaker layout in xbmc 2.0 (trust me!)
ac3 enabled receiver
dts enabled receiver

that way you will get surround sound whenever a movie has ac3 or dts sound. All others are mixed down to 2.0 (where all others are mostly already stereo anyway).

Didn't know that youtube had any 5.1 audio tracks - i wouldn't bother with those.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No rear surround0