Error 6118. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available
So I have a msql shared library. Suddenly my library doubled and I now have a database 77. I deleted the 77 but then XBMC started and said "converting 76 to 77" and put it back. Also, my SMB no longer works on XBMC. I can't see any of the shared computers through XBMC (I am guessing this is causing the problem with my library). I get THIS error in the log:
Microsoft Windows Network failed with code 6118; The list of servers for this work-group is not currently available

Also, each XBMC has an advanced settings that allow them to share the same "source.xml". However on ONE XBMC, the sources show up and on the other they don't. But neither system can see any other on the SMB. This all just started happening out of the blue one day with a library update.
My network works as perfect as always between my computers and none of them have any problem seeing one another. Also, the shared video still work on each XBMC so they can clearly see one another AND see the correct path.

Also, on the double library files, they show TWO paths, one using the SMB and the other using the direct path (Y:/Movies/). There is NO mention of the direct path in the source.xml and there is NO source.xml on the client systems, so they can't be reading another one. Also, while looking through XBMC, the source is ONLY the SMB source.

Gotham Alpha 9 then upgraded to 10. Same problem.
OK, I just edited the msql database and manually removed the direct path (Y:/Movies). I still have no idea why it is there. I am debating deleting all the earlier databases (or at least the 76) just to play it safe. But I still get the error when I try to browse to a SBM directory.
Well, I don't know what the deal is or why nobody else has this problem but my library is totally useless now because of this issue. I have no idea why I am suddenly getting this error after years with no problems. I have no idea why nobody else seems to be having it. But as I can't fix it, I can no longer use XBMC and that sucks! Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error 6118. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available0