Android Mini pc for xbmc
Hi,
I am french so I am sorry for my English..... I am new in xbmc and I want to buy a mini pc with xbmc integrated to connect it in my TV by hdmi, and witch I can command it by my tv remote control, please can you advise me witch model works fine and high-performance, I heard from raspberry, mk908...etc

Thanks in advance for your advises
Hi,
Any advices please?
I can't understand why I don't get any answer to my question.....Perhaps I am not in the good forum....
(2013-12-24, 17:39)soubhanala Wrote: I can't understand why I don't get any answer to my question.....Perhaps I am not in the good forum....

Perhaps it's because you've asked a question in a forum full of answers - go read
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Intel NUC i3 Thunderbolt Edition
- Sony Xperia Z3 & Z3 Tablet
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

If my post was helpful please click the +Reputation button.
i'll tell you.....

if you want to control your xbmc box with your tv remote you need a tv that supports CeC. its a pretty common on tv from 2006.

raspberry works. but its not android. dunno why you want amdroid but thats not up to me. and a basic rule for linux/windows based systems is the more you pay the faster it is.
pivos is also nice. or you can go for a intel NuC
(2013-12-22, 17:56)soubhanala Wrote: Hi,
I am french so I am sorry for my English..... I am new in xbmc and I want to buy a mini pc with xbmc integrated to connect it in my TV by hdmi, and witch I can command it by my tv remote control, please can you advise me witch model works fine and high-performance, I heard from raspberry, mk908...etc

Thanks in advance for your advises

I did not respond earlier to your post because you were asking about android. I have nothing good to say about that. I have a gbox mx2 it is slow, and works when it wants too. You will however see glowing reveiws on it. I only wish mine were as great as some of the reveiws. I have since bought a i3 nuc to run xbmc with windows. If you still want a android mine is for sale.
NUC I3 Haswell with external 4TB HD, Windows 8.1
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Lenovo N5902 remote keyboard/mouse
Thanks a lot for your replys, That's right, the forum is full by answers but not clear for me... I am going to buy raspberry, because my use will be just for xbmc to run video add-ons that's all and if I understood it's enough for that.

Thanks
I had the same question some days before.

I ended up with Android not being ready for a full support of XBMC until today because of missing support of hardware decoding.

At the end I bought this device on Amazon and added a SSD and 4GB of RAM. Pay a little more than for Android and you will get something working totally fine...With those Mini Boxes you will end up between 200 and 300€ depending on what hardware you decide on...

ZOTAC ZBOX NANO AQ01 Barebone AMD A4-5000 (Quad Core)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini pc for xbmc0