[Win7] Cannot connect to boblightd
Today i got my Lightpack ambilight by post. This kit ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/131065086354?ssP...1497.l2649 ) is the same as the kickstarter project. I installed prismatik on my Windows 7 Enterprise system running XMBC Frodo 12.2.

Sticked all leds on the right place. Under Prismatik the leds are all working. Now i want boblight to connect to my leds.I installed the boblight for xbmc through add-ons. Now i am getting an error "Cannot connect to boblightd".

Isnt boblightd (service?) only for linux? Do i need boblightd actived under Windows 7? There are no up-to-date manuals how to connect my lightpack to XBMC/Boblight.

FYI, this lightpack does use USB, not serial. See ebay for more information.

How do i get boblight working with this kit and do i need to configure/script anything?
Atm Prismatik overrules XBMC. It works everwhere, in Windows, In XBMC, in games, everywhere. Its not really a problem, but if you want to putt off the lights, you need to go in Prismatik software or need to make an hotkey. Kinda difficult if you use an Zotac Remote controller.

I cant boblight working with Lightpack. The version i download seems to be only for Adalight, which using com ports. Mine uses USB.
Nobody using windows with boblight?
I'm using Ambilight (I like it a little bit better) and it seems kinda complicated but there are alot of youtube videos showing you how to set it up. currently I manually switch back and forth but what I have to do is set it to screen grab for everything that I use normally (like windows) and then use playclaw (just install and run don't worry about serial and just minimize it) and make Ambibox pull from playclaw to use it with XBMC. It works great though.

I know there are ways to set it up to automatically switch profiles when certain apps are running, I just haven't gotten that far.

I've only had mine set up for a couple days with little to no time to mess with it.
Well prismatik can do the same, but for movies (the black bars top and down) i need to move the color boxes (grab area) to movie format. Boblight does this automatic, so i dont need to change the grab area all time. But it seems there is no info at all about setting up an Lightpack controller on Boblight. All other configs i found were for other controllers (serial) or outdated lightpack configs which dont work. Its kinda confusing this way.
Hey OP, wondering if you ever found a solution?

I'm in a similar boat. I've got the kickstarter edition of the lightpack, and looking to get it working with Boblight in XBMC.

There's a windows version of the boblight daemon, but I can't seem to get the right config.
Well i am using Prismatik, and moved the color boxes more inwards into a movie-screen setup. Work pretty well atm.

Not going to use Boblight unless it gets more user-friendly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win7] Cannot connect to boblightd0