Frodo crashes when .... is this a know issue?
I use Frodo 12.2 on my two boxes , a dual core and a quad core android box. The problem I face is that every now and then (not everytime but at least once every three times), while clicking back button (or right click on mouse), xbmc shuts down and I find myself on start screen of android box. I use back button or right click when I stop a stream and want to go back to a list (movie list, tv channel list or even links list on sportsdevil). This is quite frustrating as I have to start xbmc, select addon, then go to the page I was at and then click another link.

My question is that "Is this something that is known issue in Frodo?"
Is there a way to avoid this crash?
Is there a more stable version of xbmc that does not have this issue?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Your issue is most likely with the addon that crashes xbmc when it closes the stream. Without information there is nothing that will get done.
Please Upload a debug log (wiki)
i suggest trying the latest Frodo build from our http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/ folder as that will be the 12.3 version.

if that doesn't work i'd say go for a Gotham nightly build and forget Frodo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi kib and Martin
Thanks for your input. I figured out the problem (and you were right). I spent one hour clicking links and found out that I only have this issue when I use an external player (MXPLayer). There is absolutely no problem if I use xbmc default player. And there is no stop button in MXPlayer (the one you use in default player to stop stream and go back to the list). All you can do is to either use right click or back arrow button in left lower corner. That is where I get kicked out of xbmc at times.

Now, the dilemma is that MXPlayer streams 1080p a lot better than default player. Can you suggest a better way to stop stream in MXPLayer so that I dont get kicked out?
Or suggest a better hardware decoder than MXPlayer?

Thanks again for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo crashes when .... is this a know issue?0