Feature Request - Scrape Episode Data Only
I'll start by stating my use case.

I have raspbmc running which i connect an external hard drive to to watch my videos.

I'm mainly using tmm to generate .nfo files and artwork for use with xbmc. tmm has done a great job converting my library.

i download shows on my desktop, generate their metadata with tmm and then move them to my external drive, usually by secure copy.

now if i want to add a single episode or a new season of a tv show to my library i seem to have 3 options
1. generate tv show named folder, add new episode, scrape all season data to get new episode data
2. manually detach my hard drive from raspbmc, connect it to my desktop and add a single episode, copy file to drive, use tmm to scrape (not going to happen)
3. maintain a copy of all season metadata for active tv shows on my desktop, drop new episodes in appropriate folder and scrape (annoying to keep all those files when they will never really be used other than to fool tmm)
4. set up raspbmc with a samba share and monitor the drive that way over the network. (the fewer services running on the pi the better)
5. following my suggestion below Nod

i would like to see the "Scrape season & episode data" checkbox split into two options "Scrape Season data" and "Scrape Episode data"

A. This would avoid the confusing nature of "Scrape season & episode data" which doesn't really let you know that unchecking it will still scrape season data. i could only guess what it was going to do until i tested it.
B. Now i could uncheck "Scrape Season data" and check "Scrape Episode data" for the scenario i described above.
Hi,

nice to hear that you like tmm Smile

scraping metadata for tv shows (with thetvdb) is only a single request - we fetch the compressed information about the whole show with a single request and distribute the metadata to the tvshow and episodes. This way there is no difference if you scrape the season metadata or a single episode metadata.
I think 1) would fullfil your requirements nicely Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request - Scrape Episode Data Only0