Full MPAA Rating with description
Is there a way to display the full MPAA Ratings in the movie information view?

For example:
"Blood Diamond"
Rated R for strong violence and language.

Currently, only the "R" is displayed. I know that some skins display the full description. Would love to see this feature in ACE!
Guys, any help on this?
(2013-12-22, 08:14)contentedbloke Wrote: Guys, any help on this?

Can you make a screenshot? I don't think that the "R" that you see in ACE is text - I think it's an icon which is saved in ACE skin folder under "..flags/rating/MPAA_R_Certificate_US.png"- so maybe change that icon?
- Download this file, and copy it over to the folder "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.ace\media".

- Open the file "skin.ace\720p\IncludesVariables.xml", add the following lines just before the end, before the last line where it says "</includes>", and then save the file:
Code:
<!-- Variable Mpaa Full Description Flags -->
    <variable name="value_mpaa_full">
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated NR) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: NR) | StringCompare(ListItem.Mpaa,NR)">flags/rating/full/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated G) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: G) | StringCompare(ListItem.Mpaa,G)">flags/rating/full/MPAA_G_Certificate_US.png</value>
    <value condition="[SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated PG) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: PG) | StringCompare(ListItem.Mpaa,PG)] + ![SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated PG-13) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: PG-13)]">flags/rating/full/MPAA_PG_Certificate_US.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated PG-13) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: PG-13) | StringCompare(ListItem.Mpaa,PG-13)">flags/rating/full/MPAA_PG-13_Certificate_US.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated R) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: R) | StringCompare(ListItem.Mpaa,R)">flags/rating/full/MPAA_R_Certificate_US.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated NC-17) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: NC-17) | StringCompare(ListItem.Mpaa,NC-17)">flags/rating/full/MPAA_NC-17_Certificate_US.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,UK:U)">flags/rating/full/BBFC_U_Certificate_UK.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,UK:PG)">flags/rating/full/BBFC_PG_Certificate_UK.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,UK:12) + !SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,UK:12A)">flags/rating/full/BBFC_12_Certificate_UK.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,UK:12A)">flags/rating/full/BBFC_12A_Certificate_UK.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,UK:15)">flags/rating/full/BBFC_15_Certificate_UK.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,UK:18)">flags/rating/full/BBFC_18_Certificate_UK.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Brazil:Livre) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Livre)">flags/rating/MPAA_Brazil_Livre.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Brazil:10) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,10 anos)">flags/rating/MPAA_Brazil_10.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Brazil:12) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,12 anos)">flags/rating/MPAA_Brazil_12.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Brazil:14) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,14 anos)">flags/rating/MPAA_Brazil_14.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Brazil:16) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,16 anos)">flags/rating/MPAA_Brazil_16.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Brazil:18) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,18 anos)">flags/rating/MPAA_Brazil_18.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,TV-G)">flags/rating/TV-G_Certificate_US.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,TV-PG)">flags/rating/TV-PG_Certificate_US.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,TV-14)">flags/rating/TV-14_Certificate_US.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,TV-MA)">flags/rating/TV-MA_Certificate_US.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK0) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated 0) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK 0) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK o.A.) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,o.A.) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,ab 0) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:0) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:o.Al.)">flags/rating/full/FSK-0.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK6) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated 6) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK 6) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,ab 6) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:6)">flags/rating/full/FSK-6.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK12) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated 12) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK 12) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,ab 12) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:12)">flags/rating/full/FSK-12.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK16) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated 16) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK 16) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,ab 16) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:16)">flags/rating/full/FSK-16.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK18) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated 18) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK 18) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,ab 18) | SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:18)">flags/rating/full/FSK-18.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,HU-KN)">flags/rating/full/HU_KN.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,HU-12)">flags/rating/full/HU_12.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,HU-16)">flags/rating/full/HU_16.png</value>
    <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Mpaa,HU-18)">flags/rating/full/HU_18.png</value>
    </variable>

- Open the file "skin.ace\720p\DialogVideoInfo.xml", and find the following around lines 122-132 (just search for the word "Certification"):
Code:
<control type="image"><!-- Certification -->
    <posx>30</posx>
    <posy>76</posy>
    <height>66</height>
    <width>158</width>
    <align>center</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <texture>$VAR[value_mpaa]</texture>
    <visible>!Substring(Skin.CurrentTheme,MPAA_Full)</visible>
    </control>

- Replace these lines with the following, and then save the file:
Code:
<control type="image"><!-- Certification -->
    <posx>30</posx>
    <posy>76</posy>
    <height>66</height>
    <width>158</width>
    <align>center</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <texture>$VAR[value_mpaa]</texture>
    <visible>!Substring(Skin.CurrentTheme,MPAA_Full)</visible>
    </control>
    <control type="image"><!-- Certification, MPAA_Full -->
    <posx>4</posx>
    <posy>87</posy>
    <height>45</height>
    <width>197</width>
    <align>center</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <texture>$VAR[value_mpaa_full]</texture>
    <visible>Substring(Skin.CurrentTheme,MPAA_Full)</visible>
    </control>

- Open XBMC, go to "Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Theme", and select "MPAA_Full".

Don't forget that all of these edits will be gone if the skin gets automatically updated, so you should keep a copy of them.
Guys, thanks for the suggestions. CutSickAss, I tried your code. What it does is expand the R to a "Restricted...." image. However, it still does not display the reason for the R rating that is available on IMDB (such as violence, language, nudity, gore etc). I think XBMC captures this info while scraping (I remember seeing this in another skin but don't recollect it). If you can help me with that, it would be great.
I think you mean something like this from my skin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165481

As far as I know xbmc does not scrape this info automatically, try the rating update script which works very well. The change is simple in that you'll need to swap from using an image to a label in DialogVideoInfo that simply displays ListItem.Mpaa rather than the images

You can find a link to the rating update script above
Thanks im85288! This is exactly what I meant. Now if someone can give me detailed instructions on how to make this happen it would be great. Even better if this was made default on the Ace or Aeon MQ5 skin!!!

(2014-01-03, 17:19)im85288 Wrote: I think you mean something like this from my skin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165481

As far as I know xbmc does not scrape this info automatically, try the rating update script which works very well. The change is simple in that you'll need to swap from using an image to a label in DialogVideoInfo that simply displays ListItem.Mpaa rather than the images

You can find a link to the rating update script above

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full MPAA Rating with description0