[WIP] LazyTV Skin Service
Hi guys,

I need to ask for a little help with testing my addon. Hopefully the following information is what you need. Otherwise I can add more Smile

I dont know much about skinning, so dont know how to test any of this.

What does the addon do?
The main purpose of the addon is to populate a list with the Next to Watch episode of each TV Show. It finds the last watched episode in each show and then finds the first unwatched episode after that.

And?
My first version of the addon was very slow on the Raspberry Pi and I wanted to speed it up. So in this version I have moved most of the "heavy-lifting" to a service, which puts the episode info into the 10000 window, allowing the addon to retrieve and display it much more quickly. The service also updates the data when a TV show is watched or the library updates. It should work for both Frodo and Gotham (it uses onNotification in Gotham).

So?
That info is available for skins if they want it. I copied the skin widgets items, so hopefully it will serve similarly. The shows are ordered by the time when the TV Show was last watched. The properties are structured like this: LazyTV.Place.Title, where Place is an integer with that order.

Yay?
Yeah. My addon wants a 'Next Episode' for every TV Show, but that meant it took too long to get the initial list. So I set it to populate for the first 10 shows first, then wait 5 seconds and populate the rest.

I saw the HEADS UP:Filling a list from a directory/plugin thread and have tried to incorporate that stuff in the default.py and have the script

Call the script with two arguments: request and limit. Limit is the number of shows you want and Request can be either 'lastwatched' for the latest watched or 'random' for a random sample of shows. (I dont know if it needs to be a plugin for this to work. As I said, no idea how to testSmile)

Well?
So I guess I am asking if someone can either test the addon, or punt me in the right direction for how to test.

Thanks!

https://github.com/KODeKarnage/script.la...ee/testing
So basically this does the same as ongoing tv shows in service.skin.widgets?
Sort of, but that gives you the first unwatched episode, this gives you the next episode to watch after the one you watched last.

I am told it is like Plex's onDeck feature.
pardon my ignorance, but i still fail to understand the difference...

to me 'the first unwatched episode' is the same as 'the next episode to watch after the one you watched last' ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
i think i share ronie's same lack of understanding it seems Smile

everything i read in the OP is something skin widgets already does and the the plugin that will only work in Gotham will do.
only difference is that i have limited it to x number of tvshows which is only couple of lines to actually extend the amount.
to add from the quick brief look through your code you do it with quite a large workaround while it's only a single JSON query you need to do.

and if you are trying to do it for playlists this is what randomandlast script does
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-12-20, 15:30)Martijn Wrote: the plugin that will only work in Gotham will do.

Offtopic: speaking of which, Unfledged already implemented what I guess you were planning on, saving the json queries: https://github.com/BigNoid/service.libra...a.provider
(2013-12-20, 15:15)ronie Wrote: pardon my ignorance, but i still fail to understand the difference...

to me 'the first unwatched episode' is the same as 'the next episode to watch after the one you watched last' ?

I understand it now. Let's say you watch episode #1 of a show, then episode #5, this would show you episode #6 and skin widgets would show episode #2. But is there anyone who doesn't watch episode after episode? I mean I can't think of a show where this would make sense...
Meh, there's not much difference, but there certainly are people who dont have a well specified 'watched status' in their video library.

The info is stored in memory anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] LazyTV Skin Service0