OS X Red mute symbol in upper right hand corner of display
I have no idea how or when it appeared, but I noticed that I have a red circle with a diagonal line across a speaker symbol in the upper right hand corner of the screen when XBMC is active. The mac is not muted and I get sound just fine from movies.

Any idea how I can get rid of this? I have touched just about every volume and sound control I can find.
tried + or - on a keyboard?
+ on a keyboard worked. Wow - that's the only way to clear that?
Theres the mute button too, but Im not 100% sure what it is (m i think). Curious, what volume/sound controls did you try?
I moved every volume setting I could find in the XBMC interface, and in the MAC OS interface. Audio worked as expected everywhere - the mute and whatever is controlled by the +/- has no effect on the audio over HDMI. Other controls in the XBMC interface (settings and audio options in the menu when playing a movie for example) work as expected, raising and lowering volume. It may on the standard speaker output for the Mac, maybe - I have nothing connected there. I suppose it could have to do with system sounds, but the sounds were controlled at the OS level and appeared independent of the appearance of the mute symbol.
see here - hope it works for you ..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Red mute symbol in upper right hand corner of display0