Release openweathermap
Hello everybody Smile

Currently i've no Helix up and running so i couldn't test anything.

@ronie: if you are working on it, can you provide your changes on a public place? I'm still interested working on it as far as possible.

@phil65: this addon provides some additional data (marked in bold in the first post) but those values are not shown by skins, so the skin patch was nessesatry. This was the main reason keeping it away from the repository and only provide it through the forum for "more experienced" users.

@Gerhard S: PIL (Python Image library?) is used to glue the marker on the map tile image. As far as i know its a default python library which was included in XBMC 13. Maybe in 14 its an extra package or completly removed

And for future: its published as open source, so anyone who wants to to work on it, feel free to do so Smile I would be realy happy to see it in any future versions of XBMC/KODI
here the change of default.py is also works under Helix
Weather Widget and 7 day forecast work (Confluence tested)

Gerhard

change in line 19
Code:
try:
    from PIL import Image
except: pass

change def create_marker to
Code:
def create_marker(x, y, filename):
  try:
    blankfile = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( __cwd__, 'resources', 'images', 'blank.png' ).encode("utf-8") ).decode("utf-8")
    markerfile = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( __cwd__, 'resources', 'images', 'marker.png' ).encode("utf-8") ).decode("utf-8")
    blank = Image.open(blankfile)
    image = Image.open(filename)
    marker = Image.open(markerfile)
    width, height = marker.size
    x = int(x - width/2)
    y = int(y - height/2)
    blank.paste(image, (0,0))
    blank.paste(marker, (x,y), mask=marker)
    blank.save(filename.replace('.png','_m.png').replace('.jpg','_m.png'))
(2014-10-17, 15:20)Gerhard.S Wrote: here the change of default.py is also works under Helix
Weather Widget and 7 day forecast work (Confluence tested)

Gerhard

change in line 19
Code:
try:
    from PIL import Image

that´s the wrong way. you should add the PIL dependency in addon.xml.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2014-10-17, 12:21)Bitboy Wrote: @ronie: if you are working on it, can you provide your changes on a public place? I'm still interested working on it as far as possible.

sure, will put my stuff on my github as soon as i have something worth showing.
i'll be writing it from scratch though (well, based on my wunderground code)
so please don't expect any changes from my end that would be easy to backport.
i usually prefer to write my own code instead of c/p'ing code from other people.

... one exception might be the map code, it's probably worth it to check how you've implemented it. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Bitboy,
this is italian translation.

openweathermap_italian.zip

Hope you enjoy this, bye!
Awesome addon. Now that Wunderground is dead....this could become the de-facto favorite.

With that said, anyone who can fix up a version where the 7 day forecast widget works would quickly become my new favorite person.
Hello everybody
I have the problem - on my device (Gotham 13.2, Android) openweathermap not working Sad
@phil65
I know it is not the right way - but I have not found the PIL addon and do not know the right name
but for the widget and the 7 day forecast it is PIL not needed

@trigrhappy @ponciak
looking in my repo under Weather Addons... http://s.IPTVxtra.net/Repo

Gerhard
put

<import addon="script.module.pil" version="1.1.7"/>

in required section of addon.xml.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks Phil, I changed it and work - in my repo I've also updated
cheers :-) Gerhard
@ronie
As i started i used your yahoo addon and later copied parts of wunderground code for more advanced weather information. So both shouldn't be that different. I think there should be only one addon (with one API key) so if needed i can give you the account for login to the openweathermap site.

As i've seen they reworked the page and maybe there are also a few api changes (as far as i remember the free version only uses the newest api version) so maybe there are some changes nessesary.

thx to phil65 and Gerhard.S for finding a solution for PIL library.

I hope i can have a look at it at the beginning of next month.
@Bitboy
but I not removed try / except, because under helix alpha3 he does not find the PIL Lib
Do you have a Repo Ronie?
(2014-11-22, 15:04)dkplayaclub Wrote: Do you have a Repo Ronie?

main Kodi repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
This has been a great find since WU went down. There are some bugs, but only one thing I really find bothersome. The addon always seems to be one day ahead, It always tells me tomorrow is the day after tomorrow.
Should I update to the "extended" version, even if I don't really want to use the maps, or is this a known bug? If not, what would your advice be?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
openweathermap1