Mac mini mid 2011 stutters
Hi all,

I got a Mac mini, fresh install of Mavericks and the latest nightly of XBMC. The specs of the Mac mini are:

- 2,3Ghz Intel
- 500GB HD 5400rpm
- Intel HD graphics 3000
- 4GB of memory

All my files are on a Synology 409+ NAS. Installing and configuring of XBMC goes well. But playback shows constant stuttering. I tried a lot of options, like disabling hardware acceleration. When I play the same file via my LG tv everything is fine. The Mac mini has to be capable of playing 1080p files correctly, right? Now what could be the problem? Is it the slow HD with 5400rpm? Don't think so, but I got stuck here.

Thanks for any help or advice.
Hi,

What version of OSX are you using ?
What version of xbmc are you using ?
how is the mac mini connected to the NAS, through cable or wireless ?
How are you connecting xmbc to the NAS, what network protocol fit you use: SMB, AFP, NFS ?

You should be fine with your hardware i am on a kind of similar setup with a mac mini 2011 on OSX 10.8.2 and a DS209,
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Thanks for your reply.

I installed Mac OS X 10.9.1 and use nightly build of 19th December. All is connected by cable. I even changed cables of the mini to check that they work fine. I used two types of connection to the NAS. SMB as well as NFS and both types have the same problem.

It's weird, because if I install this nightly on my iMac everything is fine.
Other than mavericks we have similar setups. Might be related to this topic http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176381
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
I am noticing the same effect with a couple of mkv files. Are you experiencing it with all your mkv files or just some ?
Almost every file. But I downgraded my Mac to Mountain Lion again and installed 12.2 and now those files work fine. So no Mavericks at this time I guess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac mini mid 2011 stutters0