Saving Scraped info to file system instead of XBMC internal database
Hello,

Does anyone know how to tell XBMC to save the info it scrapes to my file system, similar to Ember Media Manager, or Media Companion, instead of the xbmc internal DB.

Just to stem the tide of the "Why would you want to do this posts" the reason I want this is three fold:
1. Music
2. I like having my scraped information in my file system because It makes re-scraping quicker, across multiple XBMC hosts. (Yes, I have done the mySQL central database thing but with my setup it is much slower than I prefer)
3. Automation, I would like to automate the process as much as possible, and only use supplementary tools to fix errors.

I did do a search before posting, and could not find anything.
Thanks!
This isnt possible.
U can manually export the database in ur movie folders, and the other clients can fetch the information from there. But every xbmc client will still store/cache his database locally. Otherwise xbmc wouldnt work as fast and snappy...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
I see, what i should have requested is that it save the info in both places. I suppose I could submit a feature request but i doubt too many others are interested in this,
Export your database regularly, to individual files.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Saving Scraped info to file system instead of XBMC internal database0