Smooth panning through video(like confluence)
Is there a way to pan/scrub/skip through video playthrough with an xbox controller's thumb stick like you can in confluence?

It pretty much works with the volume controls, when you move the thumb stick it increase/decreases the volume bar in real time.

For video playback this doesn't happen. When you use a thumb stick to skip through a video, you can't see where you skipped to until you take your finger off the stick. This makes it not really viable at all.

With confluence, a little white line moves in real time across the video position bar(someone please help me out with the name of this bar), so you can see where you're moving to.http://forum.xbmc.org/images/smilies/confused.png

Can Aeon MQ5(and most of the other skins) really not do this functionality? or is there a plugin or an option I need to enable?

Thanks
I have noticed this myself with every skin I have tried and I am not really sure why other skin's do not implement this feature of XBMC. To me, it is a very important feature; I never could find any other information or reason why. I was trying out Aeon MQ5, and customizing it - but this is always the first thing that I check. I figured I'd do one more search around to find if others have had the issue and more realistically if I could find a solution. Your post is the only one that I've seen on the issue, and I have finally had enough. I decided to solve the problem and hopefully it works for you and anyone else out there as well.

I am not a skin or XBMC developer. But, I am a software engineer by profession so I figured I could hack something together. I looked through the skin XML files for Confluence and found that in DialogSeekBar.xml is where the magic happens. I copied out the portion of that file that looked like it was responsible for the seek slider and put it into the DialogSeekBar.xml for Aeon MQ5. After reading some documentation on skinning I modified the controls to match what I thought looked best - feel free to change things as you see fit.

Warranty Information: There is none. This worked for me, it may not work for you. Make sure you back your files before updating. I'm using Linux so your file paths may not be the same either. I did this for Aeon MQ5, I'm sure anybody running any other skin could make the same modifications for those - and I may actually modify all mine for the next time I feel like switching.

So, without further ado - here's the added portion of my DialogSeekBar.xml. I placed this towards the end BEFORE the </controls> line, which was the second to last line in my file.

<control type="group">
<visible>Player.Seeking</visible>
<control type="slider" id="401">
<posx>20</posx>
<posy>660</posy>
<width>250</width>
<height>10</height>
<texturesliderbar>progress_clear.png</texturesliderbar>
<textureslidernib>scrollbar_vbar_focus.png</textureslidernib>
<textureslidernibfocus>scrollbar_vbar_focus.png</textureslidernibfocus>
</control>
<control type="label">
<posx>30</posx>
<posy>680</posy>
<width>230</width>
<height>25</height>
<font>Font_23</font>
<align>center</align>
<textcolor>FFFFFAF0</textcolor>
<label>$INFO[Player.SeekTime] / $INFO[Player.Duration]</label>
</control>
</control>

Another modification which is very important was around line 91 in my file. There's a label control which shows the time in the movie and total movie length. I've added <visible>!Player.Seeking</visible> to this control so that it is hidden while seeking. Here's the full control for reference:

<control type="label">
<visible>!Player.Seeking</visible>
<posx>30</posx>
<posy>680</posy>
<width>230</width>
<height>25</height>
<font>Font_23</font>
<align>center</align>
<textcolor>FFFFFAF0</textcolor>
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time] / $INFO[VideoPlayer.Duration]</label>
</control>

Hope this works for you, I'm sure it could be improved but it works for me. There's a white scrubber that slides along the progress bar, and the progress time is replaced by the seek time while seeking. Works pretty closely to how it did with Confluence, but is styled like Aeon MQ5. My true hope is that the skin developers see this and begin implementing the seek slider with their vision.
(2013-12-31, 04:08)shawnb Wrote: I have noticed this myself with every skin I have tried and I am not really sure why other skin's do not implement this feature of XBMC. To me, it is a very important feature; I never could find any other information or reason why. I was trying out Aeon MQ5, and customizing it - but this is always the first thing that I check. I figured I'd do one more search around to find if others have had the issue and more realistically if I could find a solution. Your post is the only one that I've seen on the issue, and I have finally had enough. I decided to solve the problem and hopefully it works for you and anyone else out there as well.

Hope this works for you, I'm sure it could be improved but it works for me. There's a white scrubber that slides along the progress bar, and the progress time is replaced by the seek time while seeking. Works pretty closely to how it did with Confluence, but is styled like Aeon MQ5. My true hope is that the skin developers see this and begin implementing the seek slider with their vision.

I can't believe it was just that simple! You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you.

Works perfectly, and is exactly what's needed. I'd never actually looked at the XML for the skins, it's so simple to add and remove things.

I found that it was off in the y axis a little for my so I edited <posy>660</posy> to <posy>662</posy> for the slider control. I assumed it went off pixels, but it was out by 3, and changing to '663' made it out by 2 pixels in the other direction, so I have no idea.

Other than that, it's completely perfect! Thank you again!

I feel this should be stickied or something. Maybe it's just me, but I thought all these nice skins lacking this little slider was a massive deal. Maybe it has no bearing when you use a remote.
(2014-01-01, 16:27)goformickey Wrote: I can't believe it was just that simple! You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you.

Works perfectly, and is exactly what's needed. I'd never actually looked at the XML for the skins, it's so simple to add and remove things.

I found that it was off in the y axis a little for my so I edited <posy>660</posy> to <posy>662</posy> for the slider control. I assumed it went off pixels, but it was out by 3, and changing to '663' made it out by 2 pixels in the other direction, so I have no idea.

Other than that, it's completely perfect! Thank you again!

I feel this should be stickied or something. Maybe it's just me, but I thought all these nice skins lacking this little slider was a massive deal. Maybe it has no bearing when you use a remote.

No worries, I'm glad it worked for someone other than me. I found the positioning a little difficult to manage myself. But, if you notice the XML is in a folder for 720p; so the coordinate positioning system is probably not exactly pixels but points. If you are running 1080p resolution then the skin positioning is likely going through some sort of internal adjustment for the values to map it to where it should physically appear. You may be able to use points in the coordinate system. Therefore a value such as 662.5 or something similar might get you closer to where you want to be. Of course, it going in the opposite direction is confusing to me too.

I agree this should be sticky, hopefully someone who sees this thread can manage that. Unfortunately, this seems to be a very specific use case that only a few care about. I use an XBOX 360 controller myself.

One reason this might have not been done typically is that I had to hack around quite a bit to get it working the way I wanted. Even though the solution is simple once complete, I either don't fully understand the documentation or the skinning system is a little buggy. Sorry if I offend any developers, not my intention at all. XBMC is by far the best system of its kind in existence and it is only through the tireless efforts of the developers that it has come this far. I've been running it since it's name made sense Smile. I think through pointing out even the small issues like these and offering solutions is the best way to improve what is already great.

So, one of the weirdnesses I had to overcome was when using the slider control. The documentation points out usage as a volume or progress slider - which is exactly what we're doing here. It supports an <action> tag where you can specify either volume or seek. For whatever reason I could never get the slider working using this, instead I specified the same ID on the slider control as it was set in the Confluence skin. Not sure why that made it work - but this might actually be a contributing factor why it is not seen in any other skin.
360 controller user here, thanks so much for this. Using the above as inspiration I comapared the confluence xml with the aeon nox one and made some mods. Couldnt get the little slider bar to work/appear, but did at least get the seek time appearing live. I'd been on aeon nox for about a week, really enjoying it but was about to abort and go back to confluence, for this reason. Analog seeking is about 50% of the beauty of having a gamepad.

(2014-01-01, 16:27)goformickey Wrote: I feel this should be stickied or something. Maybe it's just me, but I thought all these nice skins lacking this little slider was a massive deal. Maybe it has no bearing when you use a remote.

No youre not the only one, this was a massive deal for me too. Been with xbmc since the xbox days, still cant let go of that controller, anything else just seems cumbersome.

Attached my xml (im not a coder by any stretch of the imagination, anyone using aeon nox, feel free to use. If anyone has completely nailed it along with the actual slider bar, would love a copy of the code.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window>
    <defaultcontrol>1</defaultcontrol>
    <visible>[Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + ![VideoPlayer.Content(livetv) | Window.IsVisible(videoosd) | Window.IsVisible(fullscreeninfo) | Window.IsActive(script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml)] + Window.IsVisible(fullscreenvideo)</visible>
    <coordinates>
        <system>1</system>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
    </coordinates>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Show_Info_Paused)</visible>
            <control type="group">
                <visible>Player.Paused</visible>
                <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(episodes) | VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
                <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1470</posx>
                    <posy>826</posy>
                    <width>450</width>
                    <height>254</height>
                    <texture background="true">$VAR[PlayerArtworkVar]</texture>
                    <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
                <animation type="WindowOpen">
                    <effect type="fade" time="200" end="100" />
                    <effect type="slide" time="200" start="0,-98" end="0,0" tween="cubic" />
                </animation>
                <animation type="WindowClose">
                    <effect type="fade" time="200" start="100" end="0" />
                    <effect type="slide" time="200" end="0,-98" easing="in" tween="cubic" />
                </animation>
                <animation type="Visible">
                </animation>
                <animation type="Hidden">
                </animation>
                <visible>![Player.Forwarding|Player.Seeking]</visible>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>704</posx>
                    <width>513</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                    <texture flipy="true">osd/osd_top_bar.png</texture>
                    <visible>[[Player.Paused + !Player.Caching] + !Player.Seeking + !Player.DisplayAfterSeek] | [[Player.Paused + Player.Caching] + !Player.Seeking] | Player.Seeking|[Player.DisplayAfterSeek + ![player.forwarding | player.rewinding] + !IsEmpty(Player.SeekOffset)]</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>750</posx>
                    <width>420</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <font>Font_Reg19_Caps</font>
                    <textcolor>FF363636</textcolor>
                    <shadowcolor>88e5e5e5</shadowcolor>
                    <label>$VAR[VideoPlayerSeekVar]</label>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
                <posy>993</posy>
                <decscription>bottom bar</decscription>
                    <effect type="slide" time="200" start="0,98" end="0,0" tween="cubic" />
                </animation>
                    <effect type="slide" time="200" end="0,98" easing="in" tween="cubic" />
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>442</posx>
                    <width>1035</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                    <texture>osd/osd_progress_bar_back.png</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="progress" id="20">
                    <posx>645</posx>
                    <posy>57</posy>
                    <width>630</width>
                    <height>20</height>
                    <texturebg>osd/seek/progress_back.png</texturebg>
                    <lefttexture>osd/seek/progresscache_left.png</lefttexture>
                    <midtexture>osd/seek/progresscache_mid.png</midtexture>
                    <righttexture>osd/seek/progresscache_right.png</righttexture>
                    <info>Player.ProgressCache</info>
                </control>
                    <posx>645</posx>
                    <posy>57</posy>
                    <width>630</width>
                    <height>20</height>
                    <texturebg>osd/seek/progresscache_back.png</texturebg>
                    <lefttexture>osd/seek/progress_left.png</lefttexture>
                    <midtexture>osd/seek/progress_mid.png</midtexture>
                    <righttexture>osd/seek/progress_right.png</righttexture>
                    <info>Player.Progress</info>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>630</posx>
                    <posy>45</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    <textcolor>osdseek</textcolor>
                    <label>$INFO[Player.Time]</label>
                    <align>right</align>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1290</posx>
                    <posy>45</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    <label>$INFO[Player.Duration]</label>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(PreferRemaining)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1281</posx>
                    <posy>45</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    <label>$INFO[Player.TimeRemaining,- ]</label>
                    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(PreferRemaining)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                     <posx>630</posx>
                     <posy>45</posy>
                     <width>300</width>
                     <height>42</height>
                     <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                     <label>$INFO[Player.SeekTime]</label>
                     <align>right</align>
                </control>

</control>
            <control type="grouplist">
                <posx>30</posx>
                <posy>945</posy>
                <width>748</width>
                <height>150</height>
                <itemgap>10</itemgap>
                <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
                <visible>Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>
                <usecontrolcoords>true</usecontrolcoords>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>90</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
                    <colordiffuse>FFe5e5e5</colordiffuse>
                    <texture flipx="true">osd/ff.png</texture>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="60" time="1000" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                    <posy>3</posy>
                    <visible>Player.Rewinding</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <include>Objects_OSDSeekForward</include>
                    <label>$VAR[VideoPlayerForwardRewindVar]</label>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>90</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                    <texture>osd/ff.png</texture>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="60" time="1000" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                    <posy>3</posy>
                    <visible>Player.Forwarding</visible>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
                <posx>-390</posx>
                <posy>1038</posy>
                <width>748</width>
                <height>42</height>
                <animation effect="slide" start="-225,0" end="0,0" time="200">WindowOpen</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" end="-225,0" time="200">WindowClose</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" start="-225,0" end="0,0" time="200">Visible</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" end="-225,0" time="200">Hidden</animation>
                <visible>player.chaptercount + ![Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding]</visible>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>240</posx>
                    <posy>-45</posy>
                    <width>513</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                    <texture>osd/osd_bottom_bar.png</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="label" id="1">
                    <posx>668</posx>
                    <width>748</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <align>right</align>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[21396]: $INFO[player.chapter]$INFO[player.chaptercount, / ]</label>
                    <visible>player.chaptercount + ![Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding]</visible>
                </control>
            </control>
        </control>
        <control type="group">
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(Show_Info_Paused)</visible>
            <control type="group" id="4001">
                <visible>[Player.Seeking | [Player.DisplayAfterSeek + [!IsEmpty(Player.SeekOffset) | !IsEmpty(Player.Chapter)]] | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + ![Player.Paused|[Player.Paused+Player.Seeking] | [Player.Paused+Player.DisplayAfterSeek]]</visible>
                <visible>!Control.IsVisible(4003) + !Control.IsVisible(4004)</visible>
                <control type="group">
                    <posy>993</posy>
                    </animation>
                    </animation>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>450</posx>
                        <width>1020</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                        <posx>645</posx>
                        <posy>57</posy>
                        <width>630</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </control>
                        <posx>645</posx>
                        <posy>57</posy>
                        <width>630</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>630</posx>
                        <posy>45</posy>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                        <align>right</align>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>1290</posx>
                        <posy>45</posy>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>1281</posx>
                        <posy>45</posy>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    </control>
                </control>
                    <posx>30</posx>
                    <posy>945</posy>
                    <width>748</width>
                    <height>150</height>
                    <itemgap>10</itemgap>
                    <control type="image">
                        <width>90</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                        <posy>3</posy>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <width>90</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                        <posy>3</posy>
                    </control>
                </control>
                <control type="group">
                    <posx>-390</posx>
                    <posy>1038</posy>
                    <width>748</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="-225,0" end="0,0" time="200">WindowOpen</animation>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="-225,0" end="0,0" time="200">Visible</animation>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>240</posx>
                        <posy>-45</posy>
                        <width>513</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                        <posx>668</posx>
                        <width>748</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[21396]: $INFO[player.chapter]$INFO[player.chaptercount, / ]</label>
                    </control>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group" id="4002">
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <visible>[Player.Seeking | [Player.DisplayAfterSeek + [!IsEmpty(Player.SeekOffset) | !IsEmpty(Player.Chapter)]] | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + ![Player.Paused|[Player.Paused+Player.Seeking] | [Player.Paused+Player.DisplayAfterSeek]]</visible>
                <control type="group">
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>704</posx>
                        <width>513</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                        <visible>[[Player.Paused + !Player.Caching] + !Player.Seeking + !Player.DisplayAfterSeek] | [[Player.Paused + Player.Caching] + !Player.Seeking] | Player.Seeking|[Player.DisplayAfterSeek + ![player.forwarding | player.rewinding] + !IsEmpty(Player.SeekOffset)]</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>750</posx>
                        <width>420</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                    </control>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group" id="4003">
                <visible>!Window.IsVisible(107)</visible>
                <visible>Player.Paused|[Player.Paused+Player.Seeking] | [Player.Paused+Player.DisplayAfterSeek]</visible>
                <visible>!Control.IsVisible(4001) + !Control.IsVisible(4002)</visible>
                    <effect type="fade" time="400" end="100" />
                    <effect type="slide" time="400" start="0,-135" end="0,0" tween="cubic" />
                </animation>
                    <effect type="fade" time="400" start="100" end="0" />
                    <effect type="slide" time="400" end="0,-135" easing="in" tween="cubic" />
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <control type="group">
                    <posy>128</posy>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(AlaskaPausedLabel)</visible>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>704</posx>
                        <width>513</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>750</posx>
                        <width>420</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                    </control>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>1920</width>
                    <height>135</height>
                    <texture flipy="true">osd/osd_back.png</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="group">
                    <posy>84</posy>
                    <include>Neon_Topbar</include>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>510</posx>
                    <posy>18</posy>
                    <width>900</width>
                    <height>68</height>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>bottom</aligny>
                    <font>Font_ShowcaseMainLabel2_Caps</font>
                    <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title]</label>
                    <scroll>true</scroll>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0,15" end="0,15" time="0" condition="[IsEmpty(Player.ChapterName) | SubString(Player.ChapterName,0,left)] + [[IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Tagline) + VideoPlayer.Content(movies)] | [IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Artist) + VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos)]] | VideoPlayer.Content(files)">Conditional</animation>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>510</posx>
                    <posy>78</posy>
                    <width>900</width>
                    <height>68</height>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>top</aligny>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    <textcolor>$VAR[SubTitleColorVar]</textcolor>
                    <label>$VAR[VideoPlayerSubTitleVar]</label>
                    <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>15</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <include>OSDFlagVars</include>
                    <texture fallback="flags/source/defaultsource.png">$VAR[VideoSourceFlagVar,flags/source/,.png]</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>165</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/studios/default-studio.png">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Studio,flags/studios/,.png]</texture>
                    <visible>!VideoPlayer.Content(files)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>315</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/rating/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png">$VAR[VideoRatingFlagVar,flags/rating/,.png]</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1470</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/aspectratio/defaultaspect.png">$INFO[VideoPlayer.VideoAspect,flags/aspectratio/,.png]</texture>
                    <animation effect="slide" end="-1305" condition="VideoPlayer.Content(files)">Conditional</animation>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1620</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/resolution/defaultscreen.png">$INFO[VideoPlayer.VideoResolution,flags/resolution/,.png]</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1770</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec,flags/info/]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</texture>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group" id="4004">
                <visible>Player.Paused|[Player.Paused + Player.Seeking] | [Player.Paused + Player.DisplayAfterSeek]</visible>
                    <effect type="slide" time="400" start="0,135" end="0,0" tween="cubic" />
                </animation>
                    <effect type="slide" time="400" end="0,135" easing="in" tween="cubic" />
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <include>FullScreenInfoBar</include>
            </control>
        </control>
        <include>AlaskaPausedLabel</include>

</controls>
</window>
Glad you got some use out of my tinkering. I have actually switched back over to Aeon Nox since making this post originally and have fully adapted my the skin for this tweak as well. It works with the time counter and the image slider - I'll post it for you as soon as I have the chance. Unfortunately, my home network has been suffering a bit and my media computer is offline at the moment. But, this being the weekend I was planning on winning that battle too; so hopefully I'll have something for you soon.

(2014-03-07, 17:31)hodlogs Wrote: 360 controller user here, thanks so much for this. Using the above as inspiration I comapared the confluence xml with the aeon nox one and made some mods. Couldnt get the little slider bar to work/appear, but did at least get the seek time appearing live. I'd been on aeon nox for about a week, really enjoying it but was about to abort and go back to confluence, for this reason. Analog seeking is about 50% of the beauty of having a gamepad.

(2014-01-01, 16:27)goformickey Wrote: I feel this should be stickied or something. Maybe it's just me, but I thought all these nice skins lacking this little slider was a massive deal. Maybe it has no bearing when you use a remote.

No youre not the only one, this was a massive deal for me too. Been with xbmc since the xbox days, still cant let go of that controller, anything else just seems cumbersome.

Attached my xml (im not a coder by any stretch of the imagination, anyone using aeon nox, feel free to use. If anyone has completely nailed it along with the actual slider bar, would love a copy of the code.

Code:
<window>
    <visible>[Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + ![VideoPlayer.Content(livetv) | Window.IsVisible(videoosd) | Window.IsVisible(fullscreeninfo) | Window.IsActive(script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml)] + Window.IsVisible(fullscreenvideo)</visible>
    <coordinates>
        <system>1</system>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
    </coordinates>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <control type="group">
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1470</posx>
                    <posy>826</posy>
                    <width>450</width>
                    <height>254</height>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>704</posx>
                    <width>513</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>750</posx>
                    <width>420</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <align>center</align>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
                <posy>993</posy>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>442</posx>
                    <width>1035</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                </control>
                    <posx>645</posx>
                    <posy>57</posy>
                    <width>630</width>
                    <height>20</height>
                </control>
                    <posx>645</posx>
                    <posy>57</posy>
                    <width>630</width>
                    <height>20</height>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>630</posx>
                    <posy>45</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    <align>right</align>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1290</posx>
                    <posy>45</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1281</posx>
                    <posy>45</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                     <posx>630</posx>
                     <posy>45</posy>
                     <width>300</width>
                     <height>42</height>
                     <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                     <align>right</align>
                </control>

</control>
                <posx>30</posx>
                <posy>945</posy>
                <width>748</width>
                <height>150</height>
                <itemgap>10</itemgap>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>90</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                    <posy>3</posy>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>90</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                    <posy>3</posy>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
                <posx>-390</posx>
                <posy>1038</posy>
                <width>748</width>
                <height>42</height>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>240</posx>
                    <posy>-45</posy>
                    <width>513</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                </control>
                    <posx>668</posx>
                    <width>748</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <align>right</align>
                </control>
            </control>
        </control>
        <control type="group">
                <control type="group">
                    <posy>993</posy>
                    </animation>
                    </animation>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>450</posx>
                        <width>1020</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                        <posx>645</posx>
                        <posy>57</posy>
                        <width>630</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </control>
                        <posx>645</posx>
                        <posy>57</posy>
                        <width>630</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>630</posx>
                        <posy>45</posy>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                        <align>right</align>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>1290</posx>
                        <posy>45</posy>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>1281</posx>
                        <posy>45</posy>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    </control>
                </control>
                    <posx>30</posx>
                    <posy>945</posy>
                    <width>748</width>
                    <height>150</height>
                    <itemgap>10</itemgap>
                    <control type="image">
                        <width>90</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                        <posy>3</posy>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <width>90</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                        <posy>3</posy>
                    </control>
                </control>
                <control type="group">
                    <posx>-390</posx>
                    <posy>1038</posy>
                    <width>748</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>240</posx>
                        <posy>-45</posy>
                        <width>513</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                        <posx>668</posx>
                        <width>748</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <align>right</align>
                    </control>
                </control>
            </control>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <control type="group">
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>704</posx>
                        <width>513</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>750</posx>
                        <width>420</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                    </control>
                </control>
            </control>
                <visible>Player.Paused|[Player.Paused+Player.Seeking] | [Player.Paused+Player.DisplayAfterSeek]</visible>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <control type="group">
                    <posy>128</posy>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>704</posx>
                        <width>513</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>750</posx>
                        <width>420</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                    </control>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>1920</width>
                    <height>135</height>
                </control>
                <control type="group">
                    <posy>84</posy>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>510</posx>
                    <posy>18</posy>
                    <width>900</width>
                    <height>68</height>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>bottom</aligny>
                    <scroll>true</scroll>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0,15" end="0,15" time="0" condition="[IsEmpty(Player.ChapterName) | SubString(Player.ChapterName,0,left)] + [[IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Tagline) + VideoPlayer.Content(movies)] | [IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Artist) + VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos)]] | VideoPlayer.Content(files)">Conditional</animation>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>510</posx>
                    <posy>78</posy>
                    <width>900</width>
                    <height>68</height>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>top</aligny>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>15</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/source/defaultsource.png">$VAR[VideoSourceFlagVar,flags/source/,.png]</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>165</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/studios/default-studio.png">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Studio,flags/studios/,.png]</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>315</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/rating/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png">$VAR[VideoRatingFlagVar,flags/rating/,.png]</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1470</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/aspectratio/defaultaspect.png">$INFO[VideoPlayer.VideoAspect,flags/aspectratio/,.png]</texture>
                    <animation effect="slide" end="-1305" condition="VideoPlayer.Content(files)">Conditional</animation>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1620</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/resolution/defaultscreen.png">$INFO[VideoPlayer.VideoResolution,flags/resolution/,.png]</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1770</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                    <texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec,flags/info/]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</texture>
                </control>
            </control>
                <visible>Player.Paused|[Player.Paused + Player.Seeking] | [Player.Paused + Player.DisplayAfterSeek]</visible>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
            </control>
        </control>

</controls>
</window>
Definately looking forward to that, thanks a lot.

Almost never found this thread, after 2 days of googling, finally came up with the right keywords, was about to give up.
As promised. Here's my DialogSeekBar.xml for Aeon Nox. Make sure you back yours up first of course. It's been a while since I've done this, I think this is the only file that needed modification.

Code:
<window>
    <coordinates>
        <system>1</system>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
    </coordinates>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <control type="group">
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1470</posx>
                    <posy>826</posy>
                    <width>450</width>
                    <height>254</height>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>704</posx>
                    <width>513</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>750</posx>
                    <width>420</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <align>center</align>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
                <posy>993</posy>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>442</posx>
                    <width>1035</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                </control>
                    <posx>645</posx>
                    <posy>57</posy>
                    <width>630</width>
                    <height>20</height>
                </control>
                    <posx>645</posx>
                    <posy>57</posy>
                    <width>630</width>
                    <height>20</height>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
            <posx>630</posx>
                    <posy>45</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    <align>right</align>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1290</posx>
                    <posy>45</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1281</posx>
                    <posy>45</posy>
                    <width>300</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                </control>
            </control>
                <posx>30</posx>
                <posy>945</posy>
                <width>748</width>
                <height>150</height>
                <itemgap>10</itemgap>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>90</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                    <posy>3</posy>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>90</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                    <posy>3</posy>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
                <posx>-390</posx>
                <posy>1038</posy>
                <width>748</width>
                <height>42</height>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>240</posx>
                    <posy>-45</posy>
                    <width>513</width>
                    <height>87</height>
                </control>
                    <posx>668</posx>
                    <width>748</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <align>right</align>
                </control>
            </control>
        </control>
        <control type="group">
                <control type="group">
                    <posy>993</posy>
                    </animation>
                    </animation>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>450</posx>
                        <width>1020</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                        <posx>645</posx>
                        <posy>57</posy>
                        <width>630</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </control>
                        <posx>645</posx>
                        <posy>57</posy>
                        <width>630</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>630</posx>
                        <posy>45</posy>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                        <align>right</align>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>1290</posx>
                        <posy>45</posy>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>1281</posx>
                        <posy>45</posy>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    </control>
                </control>
                    <posx>30</posx>
                    <posy>945</posy>
                    <width>748</width>
                    <height>150</height>
                    <itemgap>10</itemgap>
                    <control type="image">
                        <width>90</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                        <posy>3</posy>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <width>90</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                        <posy>3</posy>
                    </control>
                </control>
                <control type="group">
                    <posx>-390</posx>
                    <posy>1038</posy>
                    <width>748</width>
                    <height>42</height>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>240</posx>
                        <posy>-45</posy>
                        <width>513</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                        <posx>668</posx>
                        <width>748</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <align>right</align>
                    </control>
                </control>
            </control>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <control type="group">
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>704</posx>
                        <width>513</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>750</posx>
                        <width>420</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                    </control>
                </control>
            </control>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                <control type="group">
                    <posy>128</posy>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>704</posx>
                        <width>513</width>
                        <height>87</height>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>750</posx>
                        <width>420</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                    </control>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>1920</width>
                    <height>135</height>
                </control>
                <control type="group">
                    <posy>84</posy>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>510</posx>
                    <posy>18</posy>
                    <width>900</width>
                    <height>68</height>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>bottom</aligny>
                    <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>510</posx>
                    <posy>78</posy>
                    <width>900</width>
                    <height>68</height>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>top</aligny>
                    <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                    <scroll>true</scroll>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>15</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>165</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>315</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1470</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1620</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1770</posx>
                    <posy>12</posy>
                </control>
            </control>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
                </animation>
            </control>
        </control>

<control type="group">
                <posy>993</posy>
                <visible>Player.Seeking</visible>
                <control type="slider" id="401">
                        <posx>645</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>630</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                        <texturesliderbar>osd/osd_slider_bg.png</texturesliderbar>
                        <textureslidernib>osd/osd_slider_nib.png</textureslidernib>
                        <textureslidernibfocus>osd/osd_slider_nib.png</textureslidernibfocus>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                        <posx>630</posx>
                        <posy>45</posy>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>42</height>
                        <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                        <align>right</align>
                </control>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>
Poetry, worked like a dream. Definately a sticky thread for us gamepadders out there.

Thanks again for your efforts shawnb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smooth panning through video(like confluence)1