Karaoke support; CD+G, CDG, KAR, KOK, and/or KFN
it does it in real-time, it doesn't create a file, it just runs the current playing song through a filter, it doesn't strip vocals out and save to a file.  plus, it doesn't really do a very job on most songs.
i have the same problems!

delay of voice output and not loud enought!

bendra
Sad 
is it possible to play kfn files (kara fun) in media center.

it´s great this karaoke program (and free) but only can play in pc

this is the page kara fun

saludos desde mexico
hi, there are out there tons of .kar files for every song/genre/language.

are only midi files with lyrics embedded. on pc users use software like vanbasco to play them and show text in syncro with music.

what about to add this ability to xbmc to make possible having a good karaoke machine in our houses?

regards,
stefano.
Hello.

Is there anything new?
Does the last XBMC can play KAR or KOK files now?

Thank you.
feature request:

karaoke support, maybe the option to select content - click karaoke - then zip files are treated as mp3 + cdg file automatically and it doesnt take 10-20 sec for a song to load. (first the zip is enpacked the mp3 file found and before playing it is enpacked again and the cdg found)

Most karaoke files are a mp3 file with a corresponding cdg file (this is the text for the song). the files are then zipped together in one archive. if any dev is willing to implement this feature then i could provide a karaoke file for them to test it with. thnx
patch welcome. team has no interest
It seems there isn't much interest in adding any new additional features....but that shouldn't stop me from requesting one.... Smile

I think it would be great if we can set a few different video folder sources that will display random videos in the background instead of using the music visualizations. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to do in xbmc.... of course.... I have no idea if it is or not. Some of the more high end karaoke machines out there have this feature where they just loop a bunch of videos while the music and lyrics are going on.

This feature would make xbmc trump those $500+ up karaoke machines similar to how xbmc can hold its own with other media players.
It seems to me, that with 1 in 10 bars featuring karaoke, and, with about 50% of them going to playing these from computer, that linux cannot be touted as a good replacement for windows, if it does not have any support for cdg (karaoke) files.

It also seems to me, that if xmms wants to be the linux media player that looks like winamp, it should so everything winamp does and more. The program of choice for playing cdg files, is currently winamp. I would love to abandon that for a different product. with the c++ code already posted in this forum, I am hardpressed to understand why the xmms developers are so hard pressed to remain inferior to a windows product.

Would it not be great, to see dj's EVERYWHERE, using xmms and only xmms to run their files

****** We never truely grow, until we learn to serve *****
please delte this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke support; CD+G, CDG, KAR, KOK, and/or KFN0