Karaoke support; CD+G, CDG, KAR, KOK, and/or KFN
yes.. would love to have karaoke support... plus .kar and mid files......a lot of us stil lhave mid files which really are goo enough to listen too.... please please please...

yeah.... plus the xmm mic suport as well...

:d
(xtian001 @ feb. 25 2004,10:27 Wrote:yes.. would love to have karaoke support... plus .kar and mid files......a lot of us stil lhave mid files which really are goo enough to listen too.... please please please...

yeah.... plus the xmm mic suport as well...

:d
well you see, those are three different features. you're asking a lot, but you could help more.

for instance, by writing good clean seperate feature requests (that means also in seperate threads), with a suggestion on what source to use, and what basic features to implement first, how it could be done in small steps.
how about starting a poll to add karaoke to xbmc, so that the developers of this fantasatic software will include it in the features to be added list, so we could all be singing along to our favourite songs fairly soon :d
Quote:how about starting a poll to add karaoke to xbmc
you can always start a poll to see what the rest thinks

Quote:so that the developers of this fantasatic software will include it in the features to be added list
i can add it to the feature request list already if you want
however please note that it doesnt mean that this will get included soon

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
i see no reason to start a poll, we already know many want it. problem is that you have a find a developer who want to code it Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i had write a karaoke program for xbox.

music: mp3 imported from kar (timidity++).

lyrics: imported from kar (a2 media player).

if anybody want to test the program, write me.

ohhh, i forget it, the program have support for microphone.

sorry about my english, im spanish.
Sad 
(kriogen @ mar. 05 2004,15:22 Wrote:i had write a karaoke program for xbox.
"had write" = 'have written/coded'? ...any chance you will open source it and share it with us? as you see many people want it in xbmc Image
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
this is great then... anybody from the xbmc team want to try the code/program this guy did and implement it on xbmc itself?

this is really on the top of my wishlist....

xxx
(xtian001 @ mar. 08 2004,07:49 Wrote:this is great then... anybody from the xbmc team want to try the code/program this guy did and implement it on xbmc itself?
we could and maybe would if we got the code, which we haven't (hope that kriogen will share it with us, no news/update yet Sad )
the program (karx) doesn't have a clear code, i have designed it to be a standalone program.

i have coded karx with sdlx.

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/...s/webkarx/

web in spanish.
one solution is to convert .cdg files to .mpg , so you can play them via xbmp/mc. the only thing is that the files will be a lot bigger approx. 30megs , best regards claus
Exclamation 
(kriogen @ mar. 08 2004,22:03 Wrote:the program (karx) doesn't have a clear code, i have designed it to be a standalone program. i have coded karx with sdlx.
maybe code can be optimized to become library or dll so it could be called upon from within xbmc on demand, unloaded when not in use?
(bent98 @ dec. 28 2003,14:38 Wrote:i have load of dvd-rs with karaoke mp3+g and also cd+g disc. xbox music mixer uses proprietary .krk files. once again microsoft wants to suck money out of people for the songs. the microphones are out for xbox. i know others have requested so im just going to ask again to please consider support. i know winamp had a plug-in so i wondering if it isnt that difficult to port it to mediaplayer.
i came across this on the internet:

how to play cdg on xbox:

you need to convert the mp3 file to wma but include song name and artist in wma id tag,
then you get hold of music mixer for the xbox, buying new will bet you a nice mic to
plug into your xbox.
now you need to chip up your xbox, solderless chips are available online.
ok now you just copy your wma and cdg files with same name to
/e/tdata/4d53005a/media/esm/   on your xbox with an ftp prog.

congratulations!, you now have a xbox karaoke machine! Wink

i will verify that for you guys in a little while.

but having xbmc replace ms music mixer, would be fabulous, especially if such wonderful visualizations could be added Wink
verified, it works.

i was gonna send a screenshot, but i'm having trouble capturing the overlay with hypersnap dx.
can you create subfolder in this directory (/e/tdata/4d53005a/media/esm/) or create song group/album in xbox music mixer?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke support; CD+G, CDG, KAR, KOK, and/or KFN0