Karaoke support; CD+G, CDG, KAR, KOK, and/or KFN
i know this was mentioned a long time ago by many people, but i couldn't find any trace of this topic, so i supposed it has been deleted now that cd+g is in.

cd+g is great for people who have cd+g cds, however i don't, and if midi .kar files support could be implemented, i know this would be great for many people (like me Smile because tons of files are available for free and legally on the net (http://www.midikaraoke.com/ and others).

so i'm bringing this up again, in case a dev would find the time to do it.

thanks for all that has been made for xbmc; it's just fantastic. :bowdown:

fab
i know everyone here is probably hardcore gamers, but having some friends over and busting out the karaoke machine is a blast too (especially if you've got a few drinks in ya!Wink

how hard would it be to do this on the xbox? dont some games use a headset with a microphone?? it would be matter of reading a cd+g disc (or file on the hardrive) and displaying the lyrics.

any thoughts?
my suggestion. what about checking a little before putting in a feature request? at least search the forums.

cd+g support is already here and mic support isn't too far away either..
hi

finally support for cd+g.. hoooray...

but how do i connect a regular mic to my xbox? and do this work with xbmc? i need this so i can just take my xbox with me and not the whole stereo..

any suggestions?
(kpw @ nov. 17 2004,01:01 Wrote:how do i connect a regular mic to my xbox?
either buy "xbox music mixer" which comes with a microphone or get a xbox-comunicator headset.

(kpw @ nov. 17 2004,01:01 Wrote:and do this work with xbmc?
no, not yet, becuase that feature has not been coded yet.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(spiff @ nov. 08 2004,22:31 Wrote:cd+g support is already here and mic support isn't too far away either..
superb!

nice one, guys.  :kickass:

any idea how far away?
i have xbmc 1.1.0 and just figured out how to make my mp3+g files work. they are displaying great, but i can't seem to get my microphone to work. am i doing something wrong, or does xbmc not yet support a mic? i am using the microphone that came with xbox music mixer. help me please! :nuts:
does anyone know the answer to this? thx.
not possible atm, but a dev is working on it iirc (check the karaoke thread in the dev forum). moving to the "feature suggestions".
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
media center justs get better and better.

the ability to play cd+g's is great. but is there a way you can let us use the mic that came with xbox music mixer or the headset used for xbox live?

it would be the ultimate karaoke machine then, as well as ulitmate everything else!
it would be nice to be possible to play kar files 'cause they are free, small and easy to find over the net...

i have tried the actual karaoke with cdg but it's slow (i suppose it depends on the 3d background).
i have tried to set the background transparency at the max but it's slow indeed...

thanks for your work :bowdown:

xbmc rock :kickass:
im not really sure how the cdg's are built up, but is there any way of changing the font displayed, and size?

in my display the text is often to "wide" and some of it is not dislpayed..
kok support, it's a less advanced karaoke format than cdg, where the words are marked by a ball passing over them.
thanks
in release 07-03-2005 there is microphone support. you have to put it on in the settings. i used the xbox headset.

even on the loudest volume voice is still a bit soft and i've the feeling there is a small delay in the voice.

cheers,

peter
the xbox music mixer says it can remove the vocals from any music cd, but it doesnt say what format it puts it in. has anyone used it on the xbmc? and how could you add a lyrics fileHuh

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/musicmixer/default.htm
http://www.xboxkaraoke.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke support; CD+G, CDG, KAR, KOK, and/or KFN0