• 1(current)
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue
Hi all,

I would say this has been posted already but the page is updating by the minute.
Running xbmc frodo on newly jailbroken ipad 3 ios 7.4.
When I switch to tv out with hdmi adapter, gesture control screen appears but it is portrait format. When picture appears on tv screen it is in portrait also....tilted to 45 degrees.
Would volunteers to test new version.

Irishstew
45 degree? Are you serious?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry 90 degrees to the left
I've actually seen this happen on iOS 6. Eventually it even would rotate to whatever orientation I was holding it in, but not always.

EDIT: never mind, see below.
Is there a fix to resolve completely?
Not sure, but I think a work around is to make sure the screen is rotated to landscape before you start XBMC. I can't seem to always reproduce the issue on my iPad, though.
Hi Ned, thanks for the reply.
I have tried that. No luck...automatically reverts to portrait when going through HDMI full screen mode.
I tried locking the screen orientation to landscape also but it still went into portrait.
I deleted xbmc and reinstalled but this didn't work either.
Xbmc worked fine on ios6 without a glitch. Everything else works as before on ios 7 with the exception of tv out.
Oh wait, I read this wrong, you're also saying the screen on the TV is also portrait? That is new, then.

I'm about to update my iPad to iOS 7, so I'll be able to test this as well.
Hi Ned.

Yes that's the issue. The tv screen is in portrait.
It results in half the tv screen displaying a potrait version of xbmc.
But not all the xbmc screen is visible on the tv and is displayed at 90 degrees.
Confirming issue. When going to Full Screen #2 (on airplay mirroring or using an HDMI adapter) the screen is locked in portrait on iPad and and TV viewing is rotated at a 90 degree angle. I have yet to figure any way to get it to go to normal landscape viewing. On ios 6 the ipad remote screen would rotate but the TV out would always remain in normal Landscape viewing.
I have the same isue when i stream xbmc to my Apple tv 3 in mirroring mode on screen 2
No solution yet ?
(2013-12-23, 18:16)bastiaaneast Wrote: No solution yet ?

I'm not sure whether many (any?) of the ios devs have access to ios 7 devices yet. If they do, they could probably be let off not rushing to JB at the moment given what went on yesterday :p
Can anyone really confirm that this behaviour changed by just updating from ios6 to ios7? Or is this behaviour only with newer devices (which were delivered with ios7 preinstalled and now got jailbroken)?.

Apple did something wonky since i can think back. Some API calls returned coordinates which where wrong by 90degree (i needed to adapt XBMC for that for getting the display on TV-Out correct). If this behaviour changed now - they finally might have fixed something. If so the only problem is

1. I need to remember where the workarounds were and need to quirk them for anything > ios7
2. Its christmas...
3. Really it is christmas...
4. I didn't update my ipad2 yet to ios7. And i am not sure if i will at all. I will loose airplay functionality with XBMC and am not sure if this is worse it. Sad - the only other device i would be willing to update is my iphone4s - but there are a dozens of people who got defective wifi after the upgrade - so i am not going to do that either.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Pretty sure it has something to do with this comment:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...er.mm#L961

My guess is that this hack for forcing the orientation doesn't work anymore on ios7. But just guessing here with both eyes closed :/
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue0