• 2(current)
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue
i can confirm iPad2 - update from 5.1.1 to 7.0.4, jailbreak and redownload xbmc from cydia (all settings of 5.1.1 xbmc survive this operation(plugins,etc)) - but Full Screen #2 (using an HDMI adapter) the screen is really locked in portrait mode and no way to change it. - please try to do some fix because xbmc its my only reason to jailbreak and me keep on iOS 5.1.1 so long time because i dont want loose XBMC and now when there was a chance to JB 7.0.4 (because on 5.1.1 almost no new application work) - i did the upgrade.....
Yeah yeah yeah ... stop whining please. It will be fixed one day - definitly not during christmas ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-12-23, 22:07)Memphiz Wrote: Yeah yeah yeah ... stop whining please. It will be fixed one day - definitly not during christmas ...

Quick lets get Memphiz an ipad air for Christmas so he has no choice but to live with ios 7 and lightning adapters Rofl
First testbuild (i expect even worse results with this tbh)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...ut-ios.deb

try it and report back what changed...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-12-23, 22:35)Memphiz Wrote: First testbuild (i expect even worse results with this tbh)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...ut-ios.deb

try it and report back what changed...

Touch input on the screen appears broken, so I can't get far enough into settings to turn on display #2.

Weird, now it works. Never mind me :)
Use another device as a remote please if possible. I know i broke something in that test build - but wasn't thinking about touch ...
(2013-12-23, 22:50)Memphiz Wrote: Use another device as a remote please if possible. I know i broke something in that test build - but wasn't thinking about touch ...

Still messed up and 90 degrees rotated. Want the debug log?
nope - haven't added any printouts ...

can you try

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...x2-ios.deb
(2013-12-23, 22:07)Memphiz Wrote: definitly not during christmas ...

On a serious note, please don't 'worry' or feel rushed to do anything. It's a pretty annoying time for them to release the JB, every developer is in a bad position at the moment. I'm pretty sure everyone here should understand that.

Hardly anything works on ios 7 and they had no warning etc - I'm sure you must have read some of the stuff from yesterday :p? At the moment, Cydia is buggy, mobile substrate isn't updated (especially for 64 bit devices) and majority of tweaks don't work (and things like iFile seem to bug out every now and then).

Anyway - thanks for everything you do for xbmc on ios and for anything you manage to update over the holidays, once cydia / mobile substrate is updated I plan on JBing my ipad air and I hope to provide as much feedback / logs etc as I can to help you in anyway possible Smile
Same issue here. I hope someone can fix this.
Hey guys, I know its been christmas and this is all a bit early, but just wanted to know if there's been any further updates on this issue, been picking it up too and tried the builds earlier in the thread with no luck. If not, thats cool, will wait and see.
Thanks
Hey, just registered here to post on this issue.

First of all, Thanks Memphiz for the Christmas attempts of fixing this issue.
Its much appreciated by us Video Out users.

I am having this same issue & both of the modded deb files did not resolve it unfortunately.
they did move the image around, but not correctly. (& strangely with at least the 2nd DEB file the image would move to a different spot depending on what screen i used (TV/PC Monitor)
also the touch menu on the ipad remains in portrait mode (as i think you are aware.)

This is happening on my iPhone 4, iPhone 5S & iPad Air at the least (i have an iPad 2, 3 & iPhone 5 that i could test on as well.)

here are some pictures as an example, please keep in mind this is a 16:10 monitor, so the black bars at the top & bottom are normal.
Stock XBMC v12.3 iOS 7.0.4 on iPad Air

1st DEB modded file

2nd DEB modded file
(there is a lot more image on screen when plugged into my tv)

Hope you are able to resolve this quickly, but i understand its the holiday season & these things need to be done properly.

Keep up the amazing work XBMC Team.
I think there are no more +1 posts needed. I have a good idea what happens here but still no time for having a crack at it. I have to resolve this without ios7 device blindly. Please bear with me - but i will not have any time for xbmc before new year...
take your time Memphiz, i didnt mean to be another +1, just trying to help with more informative info on what your changes have done.

cheers
I have this very same issue! I was going to watch a movie with my girlfriend and family in the TV only to get laughed at for displaying the freaking screen at 90 degrees and I could not fix the damn thing. We moved on to play pocker instead. Really bad thing RolleyesConfused
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue0