• 3(current)
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue
It is interesting to see that maybe more users than we though are using TV out, which is pretty neat :)
(2013-12-30, 00:59)Kal0bad Wrote: I have this very same issue! I was going to watch a movie with my girlfriend and family in the TV only to get laughed at for displaying the freaking screen at 90 degrees and I could not fix the damn thing. We moved on to play pocker instead. Really bad thing RolleyesConfused

At least you had fun with your family Smile Give the team a break, they can't predict the ios7 problems. Smile
Ans this should make me feel what? Guilty?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz you are such a bad person for letting Kal0bad being laughed at, shame Big Grin
(2013-12-30, 03:23)Ned Scott Wrote: It is interesting to see that maybe more users than we though are using TV out, which is pretty neat Smile

Count me as a TV out user too. Looking forward to the fix.

[subscribed]
Count me in too...TV out user waiting for the fix

If only there are other way to cast xbmc to Chromecast ....

Thanks
I'll be using my old ipad2 as a replacement for the ATV2 as it's much faster, I'm curious.. is anyone else doing this? The only thing lacking at the moment is LAN connection and IR remote. I can use my iPhone (constellation) as a wifi remote and the wifi seems fast enough for HD content from what I've seen so far.

Can't wait for the fix so I can test it out, seems promising so far (if I tilt my head 90deg)
This maybe a dumb question, but would the mobile substrate affect this at all?
Nope - it's a deprecated API which was removed in ios7 ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-01-03, 13:36)Memphiz Wrote: Nope - it's a deprecated API which was removed in ios7 ...

Hi there,

I've been trying to get a normal picture on my tv using a composite AV cable (will switch to hdmi once this is fixed offcourse Wink )

But is there maybe a way to force rotate the screen once connected to a tv (ie instead of 1920*1080 to 1080*1920). Maybe a quick (temporary) fix untlil a workaround for the API issue has been found?

Really appreciate the work you're are doing!
This may also be a dumb question, but when I play a 1080p video, if I stretch the image to fill out my screen, is it showing in 1080p or in the iPhones xbmc resolution?
Has there been a ticket raised for this issue? if so, whats the ticket number so I can keep track of its progress.

Cheers!
Wait until tomorrows nightly...
In the meantime the latest build fixed it for me:

Install the second one here -----------> http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darwin/ios/ xbmc-20140104-97a7195-tvoutios7-ios.deb

It'll work fine now. Anyway, for me it still doesn't do, because that build (the working one) doesn't allow the XBMC Subtitle Addon, which comes in the broken 90 degree rotated build.

Memphiz, by the way, thanks for the fix. Is there any reason you think the subs aren't working?

Cheers!
This may be a trivial question, but I'm new to using Nightly builds(usually stick with The official releases). Will this fix be provided for both Gotham & Frodo versions?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue0