• 4(current)
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue
I forgot to say it, but the newest build, from the 5th of january brings back the issue...
Just thought I should mention it...
i said tomorrows nightly ... i havn't committed the fix yet but will do in a couple of mins and the next nightly build will have the fix.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz,

Thanks so much for all your hard work on the iOS releases. Your work is appreciated.
Yeah!

Thanks Memphiz! For all the trouble you are going through to get this done...

You're the man!
Fix it damn it wtf u waiting 4
(2014-01-06, 08:07)Kal0bad Wrote: Fix it damn it wtf u waiting 4

Do you really think he's just waiting for shits and giggles? He's probably just waiting to build suspense! How does that make any sense?

He's got to make sure this doesn't break other things, that it's an actual fix and not just something that seems to fix it, that it will be maintainable, etc. If you just jam in any fix ASAP, then the end result is unmaintainable code that breaks something else, meaning that has to be fixed, and the cycle continues.

So cram it. When you say stuff like this, you discourage the people who work their butts off to fix things and develop new features.
(2014-01-06, 08:36)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 08:07)Kal0bad Wrote: Fix it damn it wtf u waiting 4

Do you really think he's just waiting for shits and giggles? He's probably just waiting to build suspense! How does that make any sense?

He's got to make sure this doesn't break other things, that it's an actual fix and not just something that seems to fix it, that it will be maintainable, etc. If you just jam in any fix ASAP, then the end result is unmaintainable code that breaks something else, meaning that has to be fixed, and the cycle continues.

So cram it. When you say stuff like this, you discourage the people who work their butts off to fix things and develop new features.

Ned and Memphiz,

Please ignore this kind of comments. People, sometimes, are just not worth it and are never satisfied. As a developer myself, I know the feeling.

Just take your time. I'm waiting for some weeks and wouldn't mind waiting for 6 more months, if people are such in a rush, please downgrade your iPhone and go back to the stable versions.

Thanks for your patience Smile

Thanks,
A fan
@diogogpinto fix is in current nightly

The only thing preventing me from pushing the fix earlier was a 4 hours traveling by car if someone really cares. But yeah - ignoring it is a good way to handle thoughtless posts.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks for this, I will test this later today and report back. It is much appreciated.

As for the other dude, it would be great to have an immediate ban for people like this. I mean 2 posts, and this one being like that is insane.

Must of us are patient or trying to help if we can, and we all appreciate the hard work done here. So thanks again.
Thanks Memphiz! I am on my way to try it...Will post results today on iphone 5 and ipad 2 ios 7.0.4!
I just tested this on my iPhone 4S. Confirmed working.

Thanks so much for resolving this issue! Yet again, not to beat a dead horse, but your work is greatly appreciated. I know you guys don't always get the most praise and you get a lot of complaining, so I just wanted to let you know it does mean a lot to a many of us.
I just installed http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin...er-ios.deb on my 4s running 7.0.4/Evasi0n 1.0.1.

I'm now able to successfully use the Apple Digital AV Adapter to transfer the screen to my Samsung TV using the following instructions:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...put_on_iOS

Thanks
(2014-01-06, 16:15)joesmith13245 Wrote: I just installed http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin...er-ios.deb on my 4s running 7.0.4/Evasi0n 1.0.1.

I'm now able to successfully use the Apple Digital AV Adapter to transfer the screen to my Samsung TV using the following instructions:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...put_on_iOS

Thanks

I had trouble as well at first. Please explain what is happening?

What my issue was is the screen was going black, then went back to the default resolution. What I discovered was that while the screen went black, there was actually a message that popped up on XBMC asking if I wanted to keep the 1920x1080 resolution. The HDMI refresh was too slow, so I didn't see the message. It defaulted to No, so what I did was use my other iPhone and downloaded the XBMC Remote App and basically used it as a remote to click the left button, then okay to keep the resolution. I did it blindly, but it worked.
BUG FOUND:
- Leave XBMC open
- Shut off your TV or Receiver (or Both)
- Turn on your TV or Receiver (or Both)

What happens is that the XBMC screen is 1/4th the screen size and to the top left quadrant. It still works fine, except the screen is not maximized.

If you go into Settings and change the resolution again, it will fill up the screen once more.
This use case is not very likely to be fixed by me. Its already hard enough to get this right on real operating systems. On iOS the tvout API is already limited and we are glad that it works when the TV is left on. There are no callbacks we can catch if HDMI output changes - so there is no way for us to recognize such situations iirc.

Just don't shut off your HDMI stuff whil using XBMC on ios with tvout for now. (yes it is a bug - but consider that use case not supported for now).
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue0