Android Moving XBMC user data folder to ext sdcard ?
Hi All
I'm trying to move my thumb nails off a tv box onto an external sd card. I used ES explorer to get the paths and placed an advancedsettings xml file into the userdata folder. Unfortunately i cannot get it to work. here is the file contents, can anyone suggest what i am doing wrong.
btw i tried various, including mnt in front of sdcard
Thanks in advance

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/<from>
<to>/mnt/extsd/Thumbnails/<to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
Not really sure that this is your problem, but the closing parts of <from> and <to> should be </from> and </to>
(2014-09-19, 10:22)bryanmohr Wrote: Not really sure that this is your problem, but the closing parts of <from> and <to> should be </from> and </to>

Thanks. schoolboy error
unfortunately it made no difference
Post a debug log (wiki). That might give us some clues.
(2014-09-19, 19:23)Ned Scott Wrote: Post a debug log (wiki). That might give us some clues.

Hi

Right, rather than screw up my android tv anymore, i installed spmc to my tablet and used the following paths

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails</from>
      <to>/storage/sdcard1/Thumbnails</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I uploaded the log ID 298330

does this help?
Hi All

I finally got it working with

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>/mnt/extsd/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I still don't understand why
<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from> works and not the path, the log seems to indicate that the change was made.

unless it's because it is a system path and must be used with the special command?

Thanks
Scissors
Because that's how XBMC works. XBMC looks at the special path rather than looking at the full path, because those change for each OS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving XBMC user data folder to ext sdcard ?1