WIP Work in Progress - iMX6 board made for XBMC + Pictures Core Support + New Skin
Hi xbmc team,

Inspired from a personal problem of managing photos, videos & contacts from phones of my family member, I started working integrating core support for Pictures/Videos (JSON & database) into XBMC such that XBMC can stores photos and videos from smart phones. I also have finished first version of iOS and Android app to automatically discover the XBMC and uploads the content into the XBMC core.

I also have finished the first version of my skin specially designed for users to navigate through the content (photos, videos, contacts) and enjoy their precious memories on big screen with their loved ones from the comfort of their living room.

Now I am starting work on iMX6 Quad Core board/2GB RAM/1TB disk (specifications to be finalised based on final price) in an Aluminium case and specially design for XBMC and easier setup for home users ( Mainly non-technical people who may not even have a computer let alone know how to use one) and hence userbility and stability of the programme is key.

The plan is offer an open standard DDK that would directly sit on top the box, have USB & power connection with main box without any wire (like lego block). Aim is to allow all those talented hardware/software engineers to design their on accessories on top of the main box and exploit the CPU, RAM, Drive from it.

I am a one man band and there is no way that I could perfect every product. So like you guys, I wish to pull together the universal intelligence of the people around the world and make my product open source so technical people can share their ideas and hopefully we could then bring some fantastic products to non-technical people.

I thought about building the programme from scratch. But with limited resources (basically just me) and with userbility in mind, there is not much in the market which is more tested and stable than xbmc. Hence, I have written the codes for syncing photos into XBMC and will make them open source.

Although I don't know you guys in person but thank you for having such a great open source programme. I hope my hardware & XBMC additions could have similar effect.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to message me.

Ashok

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Work in Progress - iMX6 board made for XBMC + Pictures Core Support + New Skin0