xbmc SaaS?
Since the semester has ended I've been looking for a programming project to work on and I think I'm going to create a website that uses xbmc as a SaaS and use cloud storage to stream to people over a web browser. I have an xbox one and a ps4 and I think it's terrible that Microsoft and Sony don't let users play videos off of flash drives so that they use their video store. My goal would be to make an open source web site that has the functionality of xbmc. Has anyone been working on something like this?
(2013-12-23, 20:31)sharpety12 Wrote: My goal would be to make an open source web site that has the functionality of xbmc.
What do you mean by that exactly? I think that can be interpreted in a lot of different ways.

Are you looking to a replacement for XBMC's default web interface like the ones in the Web Interfaces Addons forum?

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=156

Maybe by using HTML5 or WebGL you could create a 'real' web client interface for XBMC?

If not then I not sure how or why you would call it "xbmc SaaS" as it wouldn't be XBMC without using its codebase?
I mean something similar to RealPlayer Cloud. I've used the web interface that you setup with xbmc that runs on the local network and I'd like to create something similar to that but you would have the movies or tv shows you want to watch on the cloud and would stream to you through the browser.
Feel free to expand on this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=168296 if you want, especially the in-browser player feature.
Thanks that's what I was looking for. I was thinking maybe using googles api to stream movies from google srive. Or maybe offer cloud storage at whatever price amazon web services gives.
The XBMC Video Server above is open source on github and does many of those things already. It would be nice t have a cloud storage feature added as well.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc SaaS?0