Release XBMC 12.3 Frodo: available now
I get no audio in OSX 10.9.1 on my 2012 Mac Mini unless I change audio output device to "Default", Audio Output to HDMI, Multi-Channel LPCM receiver to YES (checked). All three of those have to be set that way or I get no audio what-so-ever. 5.1 Audio won't play in stereo, though. I only get two of the channels (speaker setup is set to 2.1). And I'm NOT using HDMI for audio (one of my two monitors does have HDMI and it will work in OSX, but that monitor is off right now. I'm just talking about my analog output connected to Klipsch THX 2.1 speakers.

I did not have this problem in Eden or in the alpha Gotham I tried out one time.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2013-12-30, 23:03)VonMagnum Wrote: I get no audio in OSX 10.9.1 on my 2012 Mac Mini unless I change audio output device to "Default", Audio Output to HDMI, Multi-Channel LPCM receiver to YES (checked). All three of those have to be set that way or I get no audio what-so-ever. 5.1 Audio won't play in stereo, though. I only get two of the channels (speaker setup is set to 2.1). And I'm NOT using HDMI for audio (one of my two monitors does have HDMI and it will work in OSX, but that monitor is off right now. I'm just talking about my analog output connected to Klipsch THX 2.1 speakers.

I did not have this problem in Eden or in the alpha Gotham I tried out one time.

Can you post about this to the Mac OS X subforum so our OSX devs will see it?
Hi everyone! I am on an ATV2 I have 12.2 frodo running decent. I was wanting to update but no dice.
Here is what I have so far.
I SSH and run the commands to update. It went through all the right actions and said it updated. After a reboot it didn't update. It is still showing version 12.2
I did a fresh start with XBMCHUB and the wizard earlier today. I don't know if I should hold out until Gotham is finished and live with 12.2

Thanks for everything
(2013-12-31, 03:07)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 23:03)VonMagnum Wrote: I get no audio in OSX 10.9.1 on my 2012 Mac Mini unless I change audio output device to "Default", Audio Output to HDMI, Multi-Channel LPCM receiver to YES (checked). All three of those have to be set that way or I get no audio what-so-ever. 5.1 Audio won't play in stereo, though. I only get two of the channels (speaker setup is set to 2.1). And I'm NOT using HDMI for audio (one of my two monitors does have HDMI and it will work in OSX, but that monitor is off right now. I'm just talking about my analog output connected to Klipsch THX 2.1 speakers.

Can you post about this to the Mac OS X subforum so our OSX devs will see it?

I did, but based on post there and some testing with Application Support files (creating new ones got it working, but after playing with all the database files, etc. etc. and putting them back one at a time, it was obviously a configuration setting. And so I finally figured out what was causing the problem here. I needed speaker configuration set to 2.0 rather than 2.1 (i.e. I do have a separate subwoofer, but it's wired as a 2.0 system). I think Eden only had a 2.0 setting so I never noticed it. All is working fine once again.

Edit: After installing 12.3 on another Mac, it does seem to want to default to 2.1, at least on a machine that had 2.0 previously in Eden. Once changed to 2.0, all is fine. It may not default to 2.1 on all machines, though. I have no idea what it does on a 5.1 type previously configuration. It does appear to default to 2.0 if there is no prior configuration data, though so it may be a result of the Eden configuration being updated or something (I don't think Eden even had 2.1 in it).
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Confused about upgrading.

I'm running Openelec. Do I manually upgrade via USB from the download page? Or does Openelec do it for me via (automatic) upgrade when it is released?

Thanks
I just upgraded two PC's (HTPC /Win7, PC/Win 8.1) from 12.2 to 12.3 release and everything went very well.

My first impression is as expected. It's running stable and all settings have been kept. No extra work even on the remote was necessary.

Great work done!

Todun
Has anyone else noticed that SMB2 now appears to work correctly in OSX Mavericks? I just discovered this while testing for stutters for someone on a 2008 Macbook Pro connected to my 2012 Mac Mini both running Mavericks. SMB2 and NFS both appear to work fine across both Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11N WiFi. SMB2 did not work in Eden and of course earlier versions of Frodo wouldn't work in Mavericks at all here. I'm still running NFS since my AppleTV Gen1s running Eden don't like SMB2, but it's nice to see it working again in current versions.
I recently upgraded from 12.2 to 12.3 and have noticed the load times (XBMC Media Center - 12.3 "Frodo") message takes an incredible long time to boot. Once in the menu system, selecting items is very slow with a long delay. I had no issues like this previously in 12.2. Any thoughts?
My issue was that the database couldn't be found. I should read the logs first Wink

(2014-01-11, 01:25)ccfc1986 Wrote: I recently upgraded from 12.2 to 12.3 and have noticed the load times (XBMC Media Center - 12.3 "Frodo") message takes an incredible long time to boot. Once in the menu system, selecting items is very slow with a long delay. I had no issues like this previously in 12.2. Any thoughts?
(2014-01-02, 13:52)smallclone Wrote: Confused about upgrading.

I'm running Openelec. Do I manually upgrade via USB from the download page? Or does Openelec do it for me via (automatic) upgrade when it is released?

Thanks

Does anybody know the answer to this?

Thanks
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
Do it manually.
Wojtek
(2014-01-19, 19:13)Wojtek Wrote: Do it manually.

Thanks. The latest Openelec downlaod was from November 2013. Therefore, it won't include the latest XBMC version.

I assume therefore, that I just wait until there is a new version?
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
So is there any simple way to get OSX Mavericks to stop pestering me with a constant "Allow Incoming Network Connections for this App?" prompt every single time I run it despite my Firewall settings allowing XBMC to have incoming connections? I tried resetting my plist file for the firewall and ALL other apps except XBMC that I have tried ask only ONCE and then it remembers the setting when it's run again, but for some bizarre reason XBMC's setting just gets ignored. It's not just that it's not a signed developer app. That shouldn't matter if you manually add XBMC to the list or even click on ACCEPT. What is it about XBMC that makes it keep generating that prompt every time it's run? It's annoying as hell. Is there some plugin or something that's actually asking for the connection and so the firewall doesn't accept XBMC itself even though it seems to think that's the problem? I saw some thread before about editing the files manually to forge "signed" status, but that's beyond me and I think it said it didn't work in Mavericks anyway. More to the point it's not supposed to be necessary as that's what the manual access list is for in the first place. Making things worse, it's difficult to even click on the prompt in fullscreen mode since the pointer is different and invisible once within the prompt window.
I've discovered if I even load XBMC Eden that the next time I run Frodo that my audio settings have switched from a working 2.0 setting to a non-working 2.1 setting (and yes Eden is set to 2.0). Apparently Frodo cannot import the previous settings correctly.
If you have installed and installed Add-ons PVR client it will crash!!!!!

solution: MAC users

just go to Finder -> Go -> goto Folder enter -> /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC -> then deleted all files-> THE END

enjoy :-)[/align]

Operative system
Android Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
iOS /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/
Linux ~/.xbmc/userdata/
Mac OS X /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC **** so
OpenELEC /storage/.xbmc/userdata/
Windows XP, 7, 8 %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.3 Frodo: available now4