i watch from several rooms: can i have a shared the "view status in all rooms
Hi,

i don't seem to find the answer in the threads. i have a synology-based media library that is accessed from the living room, office and bedroom.
is it possible that XBMC would remember that i have watched a particular show, if i start to watch it in the office and want to finish in the bedroom? can XBMC tell me in the bedroom that this show was viewed, fully or partially. the flags reflecting the full or partial view of the shows, movies etc are a real plus in this software. if the view could be updated between the different locations, that would be great.

if the answer is there somewhere, sorry.... and thanks to point me to the proper thread

help appreciated

Didier
http://quixventure.com/2011/12/configure...-for-xbmc/
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Sometimes the simple answer is the best. There is a wireless HDMI device where you can have one transmitter with multiple receivers. This saves you on multiple client PCs and extra software but also means you won't have the option of watching something different on each TV. If you are interested but can't find the link let me know, I have it somewhere.
Setting up a shared SQL database on the server is really the simplest option (in my opinion). It's not necessarily the most simple as viewed from the work and knowledge needed to get it up and going, but will provide the simplest experience (keeping the ability to view different media on each tv independently, less work involved to repeat the solution to each tv/client, One place to go to backup/restore the library, etc...).

What I did :
Setup a basic mysql instance
add the xbmc user, and grant access to the sql database
add the sql server to xbmc's advancedsettings file
reboot.

adding the server to the other clients is as simple as copying your advancedsettings file to each client, and rebooting.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL

PS. you wont want to forget the "watched state" flag in your advanced settings file.
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i watch from several rooms: can i have a shared the "view status in all rooms0