• 1(current)
A reminder - piracy content
As per our forum rules (wiki), we do not support nor do we permit linking to / addons that link to pirated content.

This includes addons that link directly to pirated content and providing links to pirated content; be it providing direct links or by passing xml files containing this content.

We had hoped users would respect our wishes in this respect and self police themselves, however a small group of users has taken advantage of this. This has included passing of links to piracy content via pm and recently profiteering. Due to this we will be taking a much harsher stance on this and will now take a much more proactive stance on removing dubious content.

For the avoidance of doubt, we will not permit
  • Providing / linking / discussing piracy addons
  • Providing / linking to anything considered piracy content or against our forum rules (wiki)
  • Providing or linking to xml files that contain or link to piracy content, be it on the forums, irc or via pm
  • Proving or linking to sites that aggregate piracy content (this includes sites that provide links to live streams where they do not have the original rights holders permission)
  • Providing / linking / swapping of ‘secret’ tokens for streaming sites.
  • Providing / linking to streams from subscription based services that breach of their terms and conditions.
  • Providing / linking to streams from sites/services that breach their terms and conditions.
  • This list is by no means definitive, but should leave no confusion over what we will permit

In summary, if we feel the content source is dubious then posts / threads will be deleted. This may seem excessive, however a small group have taken advantage of our previously soft moderation policy and have consequently lead to this decision.

If we feel that streams / content / content sources that are being linked to are questionable, we will assume that they contain piracy content and removed. The onus will be on the poster to prove that they are legitimate – we do not have the time to check every single source.

In the first instance posting of this content will get a warning, repeated posting will get a ban.

We are aware that some users will be unhappy with this, however our stance on this is final. If you want to link to / provide this kind of content then there are plenty of other places that you can do this.
I'm still not understanding. Where are these illegal links please post a example. I'm sick and tired of these sayings. All we are doing is helping people. Please provide an example. That livestream addon is full of wonderful information.... No need to delete it
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note

School has started, This Means Lots Of Homework[/color]

No Sharing XML's Anymore Per Forum Rules
deal with it ... you know very well where they are.. you are responsible for a lot of them. this is not open for discussion nor is this democracy, if you dont like it take it somewhere else please.
crusader88 I have explained this to you on at least one occasion in the past after removing one of your threads. Whilst we appreciate that you feel like you are offering help and providing a service users want, its not something we want to take place on our forums.

If this is something you want to do, then as stated about there are plenty of other places for you to do that.

We will not tolerate this any longer. Consider this to be the last warning on this matter.
so basically anything that is broadcast is pirated content as no one has obtained permission from the copyright holder.

hmmm team xbmc what have you started?
No its quite simple. Linking to piracy content isn't permitted here. Its as simple as that. We choose not to have it on our forums - if that doesn't work for you, you are welcome to do it else where.
(2013-12-25, 21:02)bhatti00 Wrote: so basically anything that is broadcast is pirated content as no one has obtained permission from the copyright holder.

hmmm team xbmc what have you started?

There is broadcasted content that isn't piracy. Prove it for those and it will be allowed.

This is nothing new but we are now going to enforce it more strongly.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
so if someone was to create an addon for like lets say bbc iplayer that would be ok as it is not a pirate source? but if it was content such as a new movie then it could be deleted as it isn't legit?

(2013-12-25, 21:06)prae5 Wrote: No its quite simple. Linking to piracy content isn't permitted here. Its as simple as that. We choose not to have it on our forums - if that doesn't work for you, you are welcome to do it else where.

mate you need to chill out with your tone, its not about asking people to do it elsewhere at least be reasonable instead of getting heated.

I understand the concept of what you are trying to spell out.
I'm not being heated, I'm simply trying to make things as clear as I can. If people want to do it, I have no objections with that - you are free to do what you want with XBMC, however that doesn't mean we will support or permit it here.
(2013-12-25, 21:06)prae5 Wrote: No its quite simple. Linking to piracy content isn't permitted here. Its as simple as that. We choose not to have it on our forums - if that doesn't work for you, you are welcome to do it else where.

Ok so would something like this website be pirated?

Opps just realized i didn't post the site i wasn't talking about the .org

so would something be pirated

<link removed>

Crusader, when in Rome and all that...

You can always start your own forum and make your own rules.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-12-25, 22:19)nickr Wrote: Crusader, when in Rome and all that...

You can always start your own forum and make your own rules.

Sorry i forgot to link a example in the last post i was not talking about .org

(2013-12-25, 21:30)crusader88 Wrote:

<link removed>

Quite clearly that would be considered pirate content.
And DO NOT start posting links to other sites here!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-12-25, 22:30)prae5 Wrote:
(2013-12-25, 21:30)crusader88 Wrote:

<link removed>

Quite clearly that would be considered pirate content.

Now can you explain why it would be illegal just would like to know because at this point i don't understand how it si

(2013-12-25, 22:32)Martijn Wrote: And DO NOT start posting links to other sites here!

It was just an example nothing to get mad about

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A reminder - piracy content6