• 2(current)
A reminder - piracy content
(2013-12-25, 22:41)crusader88 Wrote:
(2013-12-25, 22:32)Martijn Wrote: And DO NOT start posting links to other sites here!

It was just an example nothing to get mad about

Some one else started posting links here so i removed his post
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-12-25, 22:41)crusader88 Wrote: Now can you explain why it would be illegal just would like to know because at this point i don't understand how it si

I'm really not sure what you don't understand - a large number if not all of those channels contain licensed content that is not permitted to be redistributed. I can't say for all, but I can categorically state that the sports channels that it is linking to are not permitted for online streaming.

(2013-12-25, 22:32)Martijn Wrote: And DO NOT start posting links to other sites here!
It was just an example nothing to get mad about
[/quote]
That was referring to someone else who posted something else. They now have a temporary ban in place for a week.
All clear but there are some more here....:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100031

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174736

etc...etc
Feel free to pm me/other mods links to threads that have questionable content. We will be going through them as we find them. I'm going out for a while but will be picking these up over the coming days.
This is nothing new but we are now going to enforce it more strongly.
IF video streams thread breached the rules then Better to close the forum with immediate effect.

ALL STUFF IN THIS FORUM IS ILLEGAL AND BREACHES THE piracy

Factually Decision was made totally biased on request of Dubai Based Company eboundservices.

Where was this Company in past when its streams were posted on this forum and other forums

Just suddenly YOU**************** waken up on Christmas Day. and closed the thread................
What is piracy in one county is not piracy in another. How does this work for this site?

Some of the most popular threads here seem to concern applications that link to live tv channels or torrents. In my country these are not considered piracy, but not sure that all countries in the world have the same view.

Did XBMC recently receive any letters from Brein or Hollywood?
(2013-12-25, 19:00)prae5 Wrote:
  • Providing / linking to streams from sites/services that breach their terms and conditions.
You may as well close video addons forum because every addon breaches some kind of terms of service.

BBC iPlayer addon: XBMC is not a BBC-authorised application.
YouTube addon: Terms of Service 5. General restrictions on use
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/t/terms
SportsDevil: breaches every term and condition there is Big Grin.
And list goes on...

Edit: BTW I'm not against these rules new if they safeguard the future of XBMC then I'm all for it. I'm just pointing out with these rules there will be no addon left to have an addons forum.
well said a101 ... why the sword always run on video streams thread......... BE FAIR MOD.......... open the thread otherwise shut the whole forum...............
So to clarify, "Piracy" will be decided on what XBMC Mods decide, enforced by the classic If you do not like it leave sentence. As prev poster states you may as well close down the whole video section for starters. First the business with spiff and now this, its a farce.
You can compleatly remove XBMC forum (not i mean the XBMC)

We all know what XBMC can. I dont think that people just install XBMC to watch their Private, Holiday etc. Videos.
99% of them have a huge content of Hollywood movies stored on HDD, NAS, servers or cloud.
Including to all the Addons which enable XBMC to watch almost all kind of Videos and Streams all over the Internet.
Even Daylimotion, Youtube and other legal services dont allow third party addons to their site BUT the addons are here still supported on this forum!
where is the difference ?

You cant create a support forum and without supporting the Most addons.

With the new Rules you will lose a lot of traffic to this site.
Just saying.
I think we have to accept their decision and move on to other places. You can agree or disagree but that's not gonna change anything. XBMC is getting very popular and as we say here, "High trees are getting a lot of wind"
We have no problem what you or anyone does with XBMC - use it to watch all the pirated material you wish, if you wish to do so, whether streamed or pre-downloaded - it's completely on your conscious. XBMC will take no steps to attempt to limit what you can do with XBMC. It's free and open for you to use as you wish.

What we do have a problem with is forum users actively promoting and linking to pirated material on this website. Further, some users here have been attempting to profit from this behaviour. Most would agree that this is overstepping the bounds of what should happen on a community forum for XBMC.

The tricky thing is it's not always completely obvious what is OK and what is not. There will always be a grey area, not least because it's quite simple for an add-on or streaming website to provide superficial access to completely legal content while the rest of the add-on or website is completely focused on not-so-legal content.

In those cases we need to make a judgement call as to what goes and what doesn't. No doubt we'll frequently get this wrong in the minds of some users by being too stringent, and wrong in the minds of others for being too lax. We'll never get it right all the time.

In the past, we've tried to do this based on removing things that are obviously violating. However, a small subset of users (and it is only a small subset) have been taking advantage of this via PM and the like. Thus, we're trying a different approach: If we have any doubt, threads will be closed. You're welcome to query each decision, but the onus is on the original poster to show it's OK, rather than on us to show that it's not. If you can make a reasonable argument, then all good.

This may fail dismally, or may work better, or may make no difference whatsoever - time will tell Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Its quite simple, we do not and have not ever supported linking or addons that were clearly in direct infringement of copyright content, that is why we ban the discussion of those addons. We have always turned a blind eye to content that is in grey areas, however some users have taken advantage of this.

Linking to content that is being rebroadcasted over the internet, be it a PPV sports event or subscription based content is clearly linking to copyrighted content and in violation to our forum rules.

By abusing our lose moderation of this in the past, you have created this situation where we are now coming down hard on things we would have done in the past. A small group of you have created this situation.

Will we lose traffic to the site? Perhaps. Do we care if we lose this kind of traffic? No, not at all – quite the contrary, we do not want this type of traffic here which is why we ban discussion of certain addons here.

Do we care what you do with XBMC in the privacy of your own home, or where you get your content from? No – do what you want with it.

Just don’t expect us to support it here.

Ultimately if you don’t like it, we understand your position however this is our position and it wont change. We wish we didn't have to do it this way, but unfortunately a small group of you have spoilt it for the greater user base.
(2013-12-25, 23:21)sattekop Wrote: What is piracy in one county is not piracy in another. How does this work for this site?

Some of the most popular threads here seem to concern applications that link to live tv channels or torrents. In my country these are not considered piracy, but not sure that all countries in the world have the same view.

Did XBMC recently receive any letters from Brein or Hollywood?

Its eboundservices who are causing the trouble, they recently pm'ed the mods to get rid of the live streaming thread..
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note

School has started, This Means Lots Of Homework[/color]

No Sharing XML's Anymore Per Forum Rules
That is not the case, there have been internal discussions on this for several weeks now. A complaint was made about some content. Regardless, if we had 1 or 100 complaints if content is infringing it shouldn't be here.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A reminder - piracy content6