• 3(current)
A reminder - piracy content
(2013-12-26, 00:49)prae5 Wrote: That is not the case, there have been internal discussions on this for several weeks now. A complaint was made about some content. Regardless, if we had 1 or 100 complaints if content is infringing it shouldn't be here.

Ok but i have question say it was

And they complain but they have a livestream on the official website right? It would be licenses to stream

Now if we ported that to xbmc would that be illegal? If so please explain how
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note

School has started, This Means Lots Of Homework[/color]

No Sharing XML's Anymore Per Forum Rules
The point some are trying to make is that it is yourselves that are deciding what is classed as piracy. Perhaps you should stop using the word piracy and use the words " Moderators Opinion" as you clearly have no legal experience in this field.
(2013-12-26, 00:55)privado Wrote: The point some are trying to make is that it is yourselves that are deciding what is classed as piracy. Perhaps you should stop using the word piracy and use the words " Moderators Opinion" as you clearly have no legal experience in this field.

edit

The statement was aimed at the the Op, not you crusader.
(2013-12-26, 01:04)privado Wrote: The statement was aimed at the the Op, not you crusader.

My mistake I'm terrible sorry

Quote:The point some are trying to make is that it is yourselves that are deciding what is classed as piracy

We are, yes, and indeed, it may be completely different to what your classification might be. We provide the service you're using, so you need to use it within the guidelines we provide, simple as that. You're welcome to attempt to influence those guidelines - my suggestion there would be to provide a defence for any forum threads you feel should be allowed to be open. Explain why they should be and your arguments will be considered.

Just respect that we may disagree, and in the end, it's our forum, so we get to make the decision - bad or good Smile

Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-12-26, 01:18)jmarshall Wrote:
Quote:The point some are trying to make is that it is yourselves that are deciding what is classed as piracy

Just respect that we may disagree, and in the end, it's our forum, so we get to make the decision - bad or good Smile

And that is what will make people think that the mods abuse their powers, good or bad reasons

Personally I do not wish to spend the time trying to influence your guidelines, it seems that "letter writer" outfits are doing that pretty well for you. I'm not an advocate of piracy and there are some blatant addons that I do not condone, however your generalisation of piracy is flippant considering the amount of questionable addons in the official repo. Good luck, you will need it. I'm sure you will be happy to know I'll post no further on the subject.
(2013-12-26, 01:28)crusader88 Wrote:
(2013-12-26, 01:18)jmarshall Wrote:

And that is what will make people think that the mods abuse their powers, good or bad reasons

well Team XBMC owns the forum, so they make the rules.
whatever forum you are on people will disagree or try to bend the rules and then call it "moderator abuse" if they intervene just because "they" don't like it.
that's life.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-12-26, 01:31)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-12-26, 01:28)crusader88 Wrote:
(2013-12-26, 01:18)jmarshall Wrote: Just respect that we may disagree, and in the end, it's our forum, so we get to make the decision - bad or good Smile

well Team XBMC owns the forum, so they make the rules.
whatever forum you are on people will disagree or try to bend the rules and then call it "moderator abuse" if they intervene just because "they" don't like it.
that's life.

Now thats an answer, its probably the most truthful post of this whole entire thread

If it's on official repo yes, it will be removed. Un-official is not our concern as it's... Well... Un-official
I don't want to sound like an asshole to many of you but the truth is the more XBMC is seen as a piracy tool, the more that Team-XBMC will have to protect themselves by limiting the discussion of piracy topics on this forum, it's completely normal. You can't get mad at them for not wanting to put their personal lives and the XBMC Foundation at risk of being shut down due to legal issues or what not, it could cost them their savings and years of their lives in jail.

They are doing all they can do, they allow the use of unrestricted addons with XBMC and it's all open source, do with it as you like but don't expect them to provide you a venue to discuss questionable content, if it accesses content that isn't licensed to be accessed for free on the internet, it's piracy plain and simple.

Unlike other sites which are offshore and run in a less "official" manner, the XBMC Foundation is a legal entity in the United States of America, it can't hide behind offshore servers and corporations because it is a public entity. Just accept the facts and stop arguing with them, if they wanted to they could restrict addons, then you'd have something to complain about perhaps.

I'm no hater, I have no problem with questionable content myself, but I do think that anyone arguing with Team-XBMC on this is definitely on the wrong side of that one. Props to Team-XBMC, much love.
what about addons like iplayer sportdevill ........................................................................
(2013-12-26, 07:33)firasito2005 Wrote: what about addons like iplayer sportdevill ........................................................................

what about them? if they are in violation of the rules, same applies
Subtitle addons are also illegal here then because it's not allowed to write subtitles and share them, how about that discussion?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A reminder - piracy content6