• 4(current)
A reminder - piracy content
there are no subtitle addons, only subtitle services from gotham and forward... when subtitle services site gets closed then service addons will be dead, its simple.... it has happened to bierdopje. most, if not all subservices are done in agreement with site administrators and all content is used with their permission, but you know that as well, you are just being difficult.

the fact that you are picking on subtitles only says how petty you are as that's the one thing I know for sure you use... you want us to pull the plug on subs?

anyone knows that most XBMC users are doing something illegal, video stream, DVD rip, BR rip, and we wont and cant stop that... all we are trying to do is stop 700 page threads of posting links that we have no control over or knowledge of their legality/availability. if shit hits the fan you all will find another forum for the threads and we will face the legal battle... but I guess that doesn't concern you, does it?

you have your opinion and I value it, I do.. but at the moment these are our views and as JM said you are welcome to challenge why some threads are closed if you feel strongly about it... I promise you that your bitching is only counterproductive as it makes you look like you are condoning piracy and that we have in fact done a good thing closing these threads.
@amet I really think you got a wrong opinion about me so please be more gentle here because you don't know me at all and try to read some other post from me here on this thread
that was me being gentle, I never said I know you nor do I want to know you
Guys,

just leave XBMC alone, let them improve the xbmc software per se. xbmc is becoming more popular and popular. thus xbmc team might face lot of legal issues in future. always precaution is better than cure. addon/plugin/script developers could find there own places other than xbmc website.

actually we were helping users to watch live streams in xbmc platform and promoting it. these live streams websites are flooded with advertisements, malwares, spywares and addwares, thus users don't like to watch in those websites.

In fact, we were doing this for a fun, however we realize that xbmc.org forum is not a wise place to do that due to aforementioned future legal issues.

conclusion: VIVA XBMC...! VIVA XBMC....! VIVA XBMC.....! (LONG LIVE XBMC)
My Sample XML---> http://goo.gl/XUxPzB
XBMC Team need donation, please donate.....!
"We all should grateful to XBMC Team and addons/plugins developers, They are the people did most of the hard work to develop such a great open source media center."

(2013-12-26, 06:17)amet Wrote: If it's on official repo yes, it will be removed. Un-official is not our concern as it's... Well... Un-official

any third-party that break the rules should be removed from the list as well.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-12-26, 09:30)amet Wrote: there are no subtitle addons, only subtitle services from gotham and forward... when subtitle services site gets closed then service addons will be dead, its simple.... it has happened to bierdopje. most, if not all subservices are done in agreement with site administrators and all content is used with their permission, but you know that as well, you are just being difficult.

and this not apply with video addons as well?

if example the pirate site close also the addons will die.

i complete understand why this new rule xbmc team is protecting his baby and we had to follow it meaby is time for another forum for music, videos, pictures ,subtitles addons to be post and xbmc.org just for developers, skinners, questions & subjections

i use a lot xbmc and we all remember what happens with megaupload im sure we don't want that to happens to xbmc
BBC Iplayer is a poor example that people keep bringing up in this thread, the XBMC addon may not be authorised by the BBC but as a publicly funded entity with a public service broadcast license they'd have a very hard time going to court to get the addon closed down as tvcatchup have proved over the last few years with their service.
What would probably bring the BBC's lawyers running in this direction though would be if team XBMC allowed users to publicly post up how to circumvent the BBC's geo restrictions to allow overseas use of this excellent addon.

I personally think this is a good move by Team XBMC as previous ambiguities in the piracy policy should now be removed, I'd hate for something to happen that would threaten what is imho the best piece of software on the planet.
Lets let the wonderfully talented people here do what they do best without having to worry about looking over their shoulders.
I'm not surprised it has come to this. I'm just surprised it took this long.

I really can't understand all the hate. There are plenty of other places to discuss unofficial addons and these places are not hard to find.

Team XBMC make the single, finest content viewing and archiving platform in existence. Maybe just accept this decision. Let them concentrate on the job of making XBMC better without the distraction of threatening letters and takedown notices. We are all in their house, eating at their table the food from their labour.

I for one am grateful for what they freely give me. The frontline in the war on piracy is not the place for Team XBMC.
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Intel NUC i3 Thunderbolt Edition
- Sony Xperia Z3 & Z3 Tablet
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

If my post was helpful please click the +Reputation button.
I think there is a vast difference between something like an iPlayer addon that just shows something you can legally get on your browser anyway, and maybe a breach of BBCs T&C on the one hand, and something like navi-x which appears to aggregate material that the copyright holder hasn't released on the internet at all.

If we get rid of support for all addons that breach T&C, then scrapers that scrape IMDB must go, as it is against their T&C to scrape.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
We are getting in a Twilight zone Smile
BBC iplayer is a really bad example as it is not dependent on advertising & would have a very hard time demonstrating any material loss from people accessing the XBMC addon within the UK. Most legal "free" streaming however will have paid for the content and most certainly are paying for hosting it. An XBMC addon that bypasses their only revenue (advertising) is certainly breaching the spirit of the thing & if popular, causing them significant material loss.
On the other hand ripping DVDs etc. for home use only may break the letter of the law but is in conflict with the tenets of consumer rights and is one I would be prepared to fight if it came to it. (and I suspect is one that the content providers would be very selective about prosecuting for the same reason).
Would be interested in the mods perspective on this.
(2013-12-26, 13:40)mayoman Wrote: BBC iplayer is a really bad example as it is not dependent on advertising & would have a very hard time demonstrating any material loss from people accessing the XBMC addon within the UK.

Well it does breach this rule and so does 99% of addons here.

(2013-12-25, 19:00)prae5 Wrote:
  • Providing / linking to streams from sites/services that breach their terms and conditions.

(2013-12-25, 23:35)al101 Wrote:
(2013-12-25, 19:00)prae5 Wrote:
  • Providing / linking to streams from sites/services that breach their terms and conditions.
You may as well close video addons forum because every addon breaches some kind of terms of service.

BBC iPlayer addon: XBMC is not a BBC-authorised application.
YouTube addon: Terms of Service 5. General restrictions on use
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/t/terms
SportsDevil: breaches every term and condition there is Big Grin.
And list goes on...

Edit: BTW I'm not against these rules new if they safeguard the future of XBMC then I'm all for it. I'm just pointing out with these rules there will be no addon left to have an addons forum.
I think the point that some of you are choosing to ignore, is why we are doing this. We have always prohibited linking to piracy content.

We have been more than happy to turn a blind eye to addons that fall into a grey area in the past, however some of you have taken advantage of this reasonable policy and decided to actively promote and share links to content that is clearly infringing.

Picking up on some of the addons mentioned, there is nothing wrong with the catchuptv addon, it links to and uses content from the original source. iPlayer falls into a grey area, again its linking to the original source, however its perhaps its not being used in way that was originally intended - although one could quite clearly argue it falls under fair use. Likewise if you are a UK resident and hold a valid TV license it would be fine for personal and non-commercial use.

What is not fine is linking to myprircayportal.com and streams that it may be streaming or linking to which are quite clearly not coming from legitimate sources.

As for sportsdevil, i've never used it - I will install it over the next few days and look at it. If its fine it stays, if its not then its gone.

By flouting our reasonable rules in the past and quite frankly abusing our reasonableness, a small group of you have created this situation where we will now come down a lot tougher than we have in the past. There are potential things that will now be removed, that we might have let slide in the past. If you want to bitch and complain, do it at the users that have created this situation.
i think your argument of legitimate and illegitimate sources falls flat on its face from the very outset! so best call it a list of what XBMC forum think is ok and things we don't want to be associated with.

E.g. you don't mind good stuff but don't want to be tarnished with bad stuff...
(2013-12-26, 16:22)bhatti00 Wrote: E.g. you don't mind good stuff but don't want to be tarnished with bad stuff…

That has always been the case.

We do not want to be in this position, but a number of selfish users have created this situation for us. We certainly don't want to be in this position, but have been left with little choice and yes it will largely be down to our judgment.

I can't speak for the rest of the team, but I suspect they will view things similar to me. If something looks like its coming for a dubious source or doesn't look legitimate it will be removed. I do not have the time to check the legitimacy of every single stream, nor do i want to. It might seem harsh, but i would rather spend my time doing more productive things.

This is the reality we find ourselves in. These are not new rules, we are simply enforcing them more rigorously now due to the actions of a small group of users.

As has been mentioned countless times, we don't care what you do with XBMC in the privacy of your own home. Do with it whatever you want - just don't expect us to support questionable content here.

Whilst you may not like it or agree with it, I understand your position and I ask you to respect our position. These are our forums and our rules so we kindly ask that you respect them whilst you are here. If this doesn't fit with what you would like to do, then there are plenty of other places you can discuss this type of thing.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A reminder - piracy content6