OS X Slow seek on 12.3 + Mavericks
I've just updated to 12.3 Frodo and, at the same time, to OSX Mavericks as I was waiting for this version.

I'm experiencing a much slower seek performace when jumping on the timeline. Previous version 12.2 & OSX 10.8 was almost realtime, now it takes around 3 seconds to restart the video and get the audio, moreover I cannot press jump keys multiple times as the new jump is detected only after restarting audio and video.

Anyone with the same behavior and/or suggestions?

Running on Mac Mini late 2010 8GB, HDMI @ 60hz NTSC sync on external tv.

Thanks.
Yep same problem here with Frodo 12.3 and Snow Leopard:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181426

I reverted back to 12.2. As 12.2 doesn't work on Mavericks you'd need to go back to an earlier Mac OS version. If the machine is a dedicated XBMC media centre (as mine is) you really want to avoid Mavericks for the foreseeable future.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
This is a major problem still, and I hope it will be fixed soon, because is extremely annoying.... any new in this issue?
Small update: I have tried one of the nightly builds and the problem was corrected, fast seek back to normal. But since the new builds seem to discard the old subtitles addon model (no more subtitles download and show) I think we have to wait for the 13.0 version to come out.

Note: backup the userdata folder before reverting to older version after trying a nightly build or you might get lots of troubles in your library!
(2014-01-03, 16:49)lcswz Wrote: Small update: I have tried one of the nightly builds and the problem was corrected, fast seek back to normal. But since the new builds seem to discard the old subtitles addon model (no more subtitles download and show) I think we have to wait for the 13.0 version to come out.

Note: backup the userdata folder before reverting to older version after trying a nightly build or you might get lots of troubles in your library!
subtitle download has changed but is still available
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Martijn,

in the NB I've tried subtitles download menu was not working and subtitles display in the "play options" menu was greyed. Do I need to perform anything special to get them back or could it be just an unlucky nightly build?

Thanks..
L.
(2014-01-03, 17:01)lcswz Wrote: Thanks Martijn,

in the NB I've tried subtitles download menu was not working and subtitles display in the "play options" menu was greyed. Do I need to perform anything special to get them back or could it be just an unlucky nightly build?

Thanks..
L.

Go into XBMC -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Get add-ons -> XBMC.org -> Subtitles

and pick a one (or a few) subtitle services.

Then go into XBMC -> Settings -> Videos -> Subtitles

and check your subtitle settings, especially the "Default TV Service" and "Default Movie Service" settings, where you will select the new subtitle add-ons you downloaded above.
cool, thanks!
Is there any good fix for the seek issue?

Don't really want to roll back.

Which nightly is good?
Same issue. Updated to Mavericks and 12.3. Mac Mini (Core2 version)

Seeking is terribly broken.

Any nightly suggestion would be greatly appreciated. One in which we can still download subtitles, subtitles download is too good to lose. =)
My two cents:
I've tried 2 different nightly builds, and both solved the seek problem, so I guess the bug was solved very early after the 12.3 release.

Subtitles can be re-enabled by adding the subtitles add-on from the repository (see Ned Scott answer above)

BUT:

In both cases my personal skin config was messed up (an unknown "last and random items script error") and I could never get my random covers back on the main screen. I guess there is some mess in the location of the playlists or something similar, however I'm too lame to solve that and I re-installed 12.3 and restored a backup user folder, and will live with the slow seek.... so be aware of this if you configured your skins to display random covers etc.. and always do backup your userdata folder before testing a nightly build (I've backupped the entire xbmc application support folder actually...)

If someone could confirm this mis-placed playlist bug...thanks..

Cheers.
L.
I'm experiencing the same issues, i.e.
  • Laggy video with the latest (12.3) build on Mavericks but with working add-ons
  • Video fine on nightly build but some add-ons broken (dependencies not met)

There must be a way to 'combine' the two builds? i.e. manually copy the files that fix the lag from the nightly build to the stable release??

Can anybody who knows more about this than me able to suggest a fix while we wait for 13.0 or whatever??
Nope. You have to manually change various individual lines of code and then compile the XBMC binary. No way to do this by just copying files.
*sigh* okay. Worth a shot! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow seek on 12.3 + Mavericks0