Can't add Movies & TVShows to Home Screen
Pardon me if this has been asked before, but I am pulling out what little hair I have left, and cannot find an exact answer on any forum.

So a couple of months ago I jailbroke my ATV2 using Seasonpass and installed XBMC using nitoinstaller.
After a bit of fiddling I managed to set it up how I wanted with Movies & TVShows on home screen.

Got new Windows 8 laptop and so had to re-jailbreak and re-install XBMC, but now can't get Movies & TVShows back onto the home screen.
I have the addons installed and Movies and TVShows libraries set up, as before, bur when I try to add Movies as a new source it just appears as a submenu of the Videos folder.

I am running version 12.3 Frodo with default Confluence Skin.

The command line I used was:
special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.1channel/Movies

this worked perfectly on previous install (I have also tried to browse to the folder, with she same result)

I have also installed XBMC on my Windows 8 laptop - and used above command line and it worked perfectly.

Where am I going wrong Huh
Go to XBMC -> Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Skin settings

And there should be a hide option that toggles if they show up in the sub menu or in the main menu.
Thanks for your reply.

Tried that, the options to Hide-Movies (Videos-Library) are greyed out. I can hide all the other Home Screen Options.

Has this option been removed from the standard Confluence Skin ? I tried the Quartz Skin and it has the Movies & TVShows on the Home Screen automatically. It's just that I prefer the look of the Confluence Skin.
So spent the last few hours messing around.

1) Uninstalled XBMC using NitoInstaller.
2) Installed NitoTV;
3) installed XBMC via NitoTV (as opposed to directly from NitoInstaller)
4) Deleted my Movies & TVShows Libraries (thankfully I hadn't much content anyway)
5) Deleted the guisesettings.xml, cookies & settings files
6) Added some new content (1 Movie & 1 TV Series)
7) Re-added Movies Source. (special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.1channel/Movies)
8) Powered off XBMC, restarted XBMC and BINGO There is the Movies option on the Home Screen.
9) Added TVShows Source; restarted XBMC and again BINGO same result.

I had used the above steps having installed XBMC from NitoInstaller - only thing I can now think of is that I had copied the Nitoinstaller program from my old Windows XP laptop onto the new Windows 8.1 - so may have picked up some error there Huh

So all's well that ends well.

Thanks for attention, guess this one can be put to bed now.
Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't add Movies & TVShows to Home Screen0